Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The silence of the reluctant Trumpers (L)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post The silence of the reluctant Trumpers (L) Dave Dorsey
Posted with respect for the consideration of the reluctant Trumpers of this board.

I'm hopeful you'll find this article very respectable to you and the positions you have defensibly taken, while also hopefully finding parts of it challenging as well.

Submitted very respectfully & with no desire for contention or combat.

https://thebulwark.com/silence-of-the-reluctant-trumpers/
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/15/19 5:40 pm

Post Cojak
Ahh my friend, Greg is a never Trumper writing to always trumpers and some of us who are almost reluctant Trumpers. This line did bring me toa big smile:

This is not to say that Reluctant Trumpers are required to condemn every presidential vulgarity. That would be a full-time occupation. .

On one specific point:

Our president did not use those Democrats names, but yes we all know who he was speaking about. Like many things he says, it could have been worded better. But God forgive me if I am wrong, but I have said the exact thing about many people who disparaged my country. If you really don't like this country, it's anthem, flag and laws. Please leave! I remember all those high profile folk who said if he gets in, I am leaving this country. Funny how they didn't leave. Their statement was about as ignorant as some of Trumps tweets.

Yes I am a reluctant Trumper at times, but nothing like he has described here. I did smile a few times. Just to try to be fair I will give the article two stars. Embarassed Cool

Also respectfully submitted. BUT, I'm not sure I like Greg! However I do wish Trump had his command of the English language and vocabulary! Wink
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/15/19 6:13 pm

Post Beware the deep fake in 2020, (L) famousflavius
Beware the AI Deep Fake for all candidates in 2020. Dont believe everything you see on the internet when it comes to the election. there will be a lot more of this stuff happening this go around.
https://youtu.be/T76bK2t2r8g
Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
7/15/19 9:11 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
The definition of "racism" has been stood on its head. Racism is defined legally as the belief in the inherent superiority of one race over another. The revised definition of racism is as follows, "Whenever someone who is incidentally of European descent criticizes someone who is incidentally of non-white ethnicity, for any reason, and on any subject, it automatically constitutes racism". I for one will push back against this false view of racism as long as I have breath in my body. This false definition of racism is, at its core, racism against people of European descent. It is designed to intimidate them into silence and submission because of their ethnicity. I will continue to fight for all people to be judged not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character, as MLK taught us.

By the way, the legal definition of a "white" person is "those with an ancestry of Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa". Thus, AOC needs to stop referring to herself as "a woman of color".
7/15/19 10:18 pm

Post skinnybishop
Resident Skeptic wrote:
The definition of "racism" has been stood on its head. Racism is defined legally as the belief in the inherent superiority of one race over another. The revised definition of racism is as follows, "Whenever someone who is incidentally of European descent criticizes someone who is incidentally of non-white ethnicity, for any reason, and on any subject, it automatically constitutes racism". I for one will push back against this false view of racism as long as I have breath in my body. This false definition of racism is, at its core, racism against people of European descent. It is designed to intimidate them into silence and submission because of their ethnicity. I will continue to fight for all people to be judged not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character, as MLK taught us.

By the way, the legal definition of a "white" person is "those with an ancestry of Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa". Thus, AOC needs to stop referring to herself as "a woman of color".

Your revised definition of racism is spot on.
7/16/19 6:44 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Dave,
Growing up in the 70s - the love it or leave it mantra was quoted often. It was never racist as is being portrayed here. It had to do with the Vietnam war, it had to do with Communists and similar things. It wasn't racist.

Now, I did also hear racist things regarding sending all blacks " back to Africa"...but it was totally different.

So - these America haters in Congress happen to have dark skin. Did he say go back to your country because they were black?

I do not believe he did, and that has nothing to do with love for Trump. It was a stupid thing to say - but he has built a career saying just those things. But it isn't racist - it is a cry that many Americans have made over the years - with nothing to do with race - but those that don't love it, can leave it.

Listen the hope of immigrants to this country is the land of opportunity - the home of the brave - not guaranteed outcomes. Those that embrace that ideal - and LOVE this country because of it - are the immigrants that should be granted the right to become citizens here...no matter how poor or downtrodden they are. We do not want those that hate America - no matter how rich or poor they are - to become citizens - its just that simple - and I believe Trump's ideal is the same.
7/16/19 6:45 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Dave,
Growing up in the 70s - the love it or leave it mantra was quoted often. It was never racist as is being portrayed here. It had to do with the Vietnam war, it had to do with Communists and similar things. It wasn't racist.

For the record -- and treading lightly because I was being genuine and sincere when saying that (for once) I did not want to start a fight -- I didn't read "love it or leave it" as xenophobic or racist, and I don't think the article was suggesting that either.

The underlying tone of Trump's tweets was more xenophobic than racist IMO, but what put it outside the boundaries for me was the underlying assumption that the four, for all their flaws, were fundamentally not Americans but should be more closely associated with their original countries of origin. I'm still not sure I'd call that racist, but it's definitely bigotry and represents, IMO, what the article called "the assumption that people belonging to ethnic minorities are permanent strangers, here on the sufferance of “real Americans” so long as they keep their mouths shut."

"Love it or leave it" does not communicate that assumption IMO, but Trump's remarks did. And as the article said, "the president did not mean Chicago (Ayanna Pressley), Detroit (Rashida Tlaib), the Bronx (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez) or the naturalization ceremony (Ilhan Omar)."

I thought the article was overwhelmingly fair to reluctant Trumpers, and to be honest the way it phrased some things gave me some pause about the lack of charity and understanding I have expressed toward that group in the past. I also thought the article barred no holds about the deplorable politics and personalities of "the squad", and rightfully so, so I was hoping (and continue to hope) that some of the other remarks may give pause as well.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/16/19 7:31 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Trump gets tired of four leftist women who hold elected office trashing our country. He reminds them of the state of the countries they or their families came from, invites them to go back and fix those nations, and then RETURN to implement the same wonderful policies here.

While it is obviously this rebuke on Trump's part was over policy and ideology, these were "minority" women, making any disagreement expressed by a white man to automatically be racism. These are the new rules.
7/16/19 7:58 am

Post Vote Trump 2020 famousflavius
Reluctance or not Trump will win in 2020. [/img] Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
7/16/19 8:04 am

Post Re: Vote Trump 2020 Resident Skeptic
famousflavius wrote:
Reluctance or not Trump will win in 2020. [/img]

It would not surprise me if he wins the popular vote this time.
7/16/19 8:08 am

Post Re: Vote Trump 2020 UncleJD
Resident Skeptic wrote:
famousflavius wrote:

Up until this nearly indefensible statement, I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully he can recover, but agree or not, he's united the Dems way ahead of schedule. Sad
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/16/19 8:50 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
I think he wins - because it gives another spotlight to these ladies and their ideals that the Democrats are actually trying to hide.

Trump - for as stupid as he seems on these things - may be laughing all the way to 8 years in the Oval office - precisely due to these seemingly needless errors.

I know - it seems he has no self control - and gets into trouble for the lamest of reasons - but I believe it ultimately works in his favor to have these democrats as the lead voices for their party.

Could he really be that smart?
7/16/19 9:20 am

Post Re: Vote Trump 2020 Resident Skeptic
UncleJD wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
famousflavius wrote:

Up until this nearly indefensible statement, I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully he can recover, but agree or not, he's united the Dems way ahead of schedule. Sad

Why is his statement indefensible? I agree that those leftist women need to go fix the disastrous countries of their ancestry and then come back to tell us how it is done. Remember, the context of his argument was in defense of our nation that these leftist women continually trash. His statement is very defensible.
7/16/19 10:19 am

Post RS said: Cojak
Why is his statement indefensible?

Because of his inability to express in plain English what he was saying. I think we all know he was referring to the 4 who took offense. I know the story, "the bit dog howls the loudest!", but in this case they have facts, only one came DIRECTLY from a foreign country and he loudly implied different.

YES his supporters, and even those reluctant including those 'not sure' probably know he meant mother countries of their parents. BUT why in heaven's name can't the man run his TWEETS thru a filter!!!! Like NBF, my sons say it works better his way., it's smart.....

I don't know, I just wish his 'education' came through. I could do no better, but I am a HS dropout. I expect those up the chain to be able to communicate!!!!! Confused Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/16/19 11:09 am

Post Re: RS said: Resident Skeptic
Cojak wrote:
Why is his statement indefensible?

Because of his inability to express in plain English what he was saying. I think we all know he was referring to the 4 who took offense. I know the story, "the bit dog howls the loudest!", but in this case they have facts, only one came DIRECTLY from a foreign country and he loudly implied different.

YES his supporters, and even those reluctant including those 'not sure' probably know he meant mother countries of their parents. BUT why in heaven's name can't the man run his TWEETS thru a filter!!!! Like NBF, my sons say it works better his way., it's smart.....

I don't know, I just wish his 'education' came through. I could do no better, but I am a HS dropout. I expect those up the chain to be able to communicate!!!!! Confused Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I hear these types of concerns every time. How many times have we heard "this time he REALLY messed up!"? And each time it only makes him stronger. People simply are not worried about his articulation skills. They just want someone who fights back.

And remember, t was not so much what he said that made them mad, but WHO he said it to. I mean, how dare this mere WHITE man address "women of color" like that, even if they constantly berate America and trash white people?!! This cracker needs to know his place!! Trust me Cojack, this is what it is all about.
7/16/19 11:22 am

Post Re: The silence of the reluctant Trumpers (L) Tom Sterbens
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Posted with respect for the consideration of the reluctant Trumpers of this board.

I'm hopeful you'll find this article very respectable to you and the positions you have defensibly taken, while also hopefully finding parts of it challenging as well.

Submitted very respectfully & with no desire for contention or combat.

https://thebulwark.com/silence-of-the-reluctant-trumpers/

Dave - I have long wondered about the "silence" of Jesus (so it would seem) in the face of Herod's beheading of John the Baptist. I would say at a minimum Herod rival's President Trump at every point of accused racist, misogynistic, self-serving propensity.

The article you linked offered a closing quote:
"Silence, of course, can be wisdom. But it can also be complicity."

Would you say the same silent complicity would be true of Jesus where Herod was concerned?

Thanks.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
7/22/19 9:24 pm

Post TRUMP TRAIN Belieber
Trump all the way! MAGA Hey, DOC
7/22/19 11:26 pm

Post Re: The silence of the reluctant Trumpers (L) Tom Sterbens
Tom Sterbens wrote:

Dave - I have long wondered about the "silence" of Jesus (so it would seem) in the face of Herod's beheading of John the Baptist. I would say at a minimum Herod rival's President Trump at every point of accused racist, misogynistic, self-serving propensity.

Would you say the same silent complicity would be true of Jesus where Herod was concerned?

Thanks.

Dude! Don't ignore me here!!! Smile
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
7/23/19 11:50 pm

Post Re: The silence of the reluctant Trumpers (L) Belieber
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Tom Sterbens wrote:

Thanks.

Dude! Don't ignore me here!!! Smile

Yeah, we are waiting for a response. Cmon Dave. MAGA.
Hey, DOC
8/15/19 10:52 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Tom: Is your question to me, "Do you believe Jesus was complicit in Herod's wickedness?" [Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/16/19 5:26 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic