Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Emerging Church Movement—The New Face of Heresy

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Emerging Church Movement—The New Face of Heresy MI6
You can have Reformation without Revival - BUT
You cannot have Revival without Reformation !

The Emerging Church IS the Laodicean Church - it will birth the Harlot Church of the Tribulation Period.

The Emerging Church wants Heaven without the reality of an Hell;
The Emerging Church wants Forgiveness without Repentance;
The Emerging Church wants Salvation without Regeneration;
The Emerging Church wants the Joy of the Lord without shedding bitter tears in the altar;
The Emerging Church wants no doctrine and no Spirit manifestations;
The Emerging Church has traded Evangelism for Marketing;
The Emerging Church has traded Worship for Entertainment;
The Emerging Church has traded Praise for Performance;
The Emerging Church has traded Preaching for Conversations;
The Emerging Church has traded Teaching for Group Activities;
The Emerging Church has traded Bible for Psychology

The thinking of many who profess an identification with some form of “Christianity” has become mushy indeed. Here is a typical comment from a student of the so-called neo-evangelical community.

It is not now, nor was it at the time of the reformation, the correct teaching or doctrine which brought the reformation. It was being willing to challenge the Church with living out the doctrine which mattered most. Today we need a reformation of less teaching and more living (emphasis added).

This statement is senseless. How about more teaching and better living? How can there be correct living without proper teaching?

If we may borrow an expression from Solomon, “there is no new thing under the sun” (Ecclesiastes 1:9); the same old heresies just undergo superficial theological cosmetic surgery—or to use another metaphor, they are recycled. Let us reflect upon several old ideas with new faces.
Universalism

Universalism asserts that there will be the final and complete salvation of all beings. The dogma was taught by some of the early church writers, e.g., Clement and Origen of Alexandria, who lived in the mid-second to mid-third centuries A.D. There is no biblical basis for this dogma (see The Growing Trend Toward Universalism). Yet most folks seem to be inclining to the notion that almost everyone—if not literally everyone—will be saved ultimately.
Postmodernism

The expression “postmodernism” is not found in Van Harvey’s book, A Handbook of Theological Terms, published in 1968. It is a relatively new designation. Postmodernism denies universal truth. Supposedly, truth is how each individual feels about things, not how they really are. Hence, supposedly there is no exclusive, true gospel. The facts of Christianity must be redefined by a new vocabulary in preaching, writing, and worship. This is a wrong-headed ideology.
The Emerging Church

The so-called “emerging church” is the stepchild of postmodernism. This ideology contends it is arrogant to believe that one knows the truth; instead the “truth” is that truth is only determined subjectively, being fashioned by culture, not Scripture. Is this concept even remotely associated with a logical thought process?

It is contended that each person must find his own way to God, and not be addicted to “bibliolatry.” This sounds like the philosophy of those rebels who lived in the dark ages of Israel’s history (Judges 21:25). The “emergist” believes all are arrogant who do not subscribe to his elastic view of truth. He absolutely knows one cannot know absolute truth.

Several of these aberrant ideas have found their way into churches that once were conservative. For example, it is argued by an increasing number that we cannot declare as gospel truth that those are wrong who disagree with our “traditional” teaching. All teaching is now declared to be mere tradition.

What difference does it make whether one believes that baptism is “for [unto, to obtain] the remission of sins,” or whether it is “because of remission of sins.” It is alleged that gospel preachers of bygone years who debated with the sectarians on the design of baptism were misguided. Some are contending that the mode of baptism is irrelevant; sprinkling is as valid as immersion, and those baptized as infants must not be excluded from Christian fellowship. To speak of a “non-immersion baptism” is an oxymoron, because “baptize” by definition signifies “to immerse.”

“Emerging” churches are restructuring the worship format. The Lord’s supper is being offered in conjunction with special events, e.g., weddings. The communion memorial is not restricted to the Lord’s day; instead groups step beyond the biblical pattern and provide it on weekdays, ignoring a New Testament that is undergirded with historical truth, namely the Lord’s resurrection on Sunday.

The music issue is wide open among a growing number of churches. A prominent church in Dallas (that once hosted a respected school of preaching) recently advertised for a “minister of music.” One of the stipulations was that he must be able to play the guitar or the electronic keyboard. Choirs, praise teams, clapping to accompany singing, etc., are becoming standard fare in a number of churches. Performance is rapidly supplementing congregational worship. Biblical authority yields to emotionalism. It is the new “will-worship” (Colossians 2:23).

These are trying times for the body of Christ. But it is not a time for despair. Instead, courageous men and women must keep the ship of Zion on a straight (and strait) course within the boundaries of divine truth. Truth will prevail in spite of the winds of change—and irrelevant statistics.
Friendly Face
7/10/19 6:33 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Unless your name is Wayne Jackson, this thread has been plagiarized.

The source article can be found here: https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/1473-emerging-church-movement-the-new-face-of-heresy-the
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/10/19 8:08 pm

Post Cojak
Probably just forgot the Quote or 'I agree' thingee. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/10/19 9:59 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Cojak wrote:
Probably just forgot the Quote or 'I agree' thingee. Cool

Probably so. I didn't mean to sound accusatory, like the poster was trying to pull a fast one. Thanks for checking me. Cool
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/11/19 1:08 am

Post Dave Dorsey
To the post itself, you're about ten years too late. The "Emerging Church" is a thing of the past.

I believe there is a movement within American Christianity today that is building a harlot church, but it's not the emerging church.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/11/19 3:02 am

Post Re: Emerging Church Movement—The New Face of Heresy Dave Dorsey
Also:
MI6 wrote:
The music issue is wide open among a growing number of churches. A prominent church in Dallas (that once hosted a respected school of preaching) recently advertised for a “minister of music.” One of the stipulations was that he must be able to play the guitar or the electronic keyboard. Choirs, praise teams, clapping to accompany singing, etc., are becoming standard fare in a number of churches.

...seriously?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/11/19 3:48 am

Post Resident Skeptic
I agree with the author's feelings for the most part, but I do have some questions about this statement.....

Quote:
“Emerging” churches are restructuring the worship format. The Lord’s supper is being offered in conjunction with special events, e.g., weddings. The communion memorial is not restricted to the Lord’s day; instead groups step beyond the biblical pattern and provide it on weekdays, ignoring a New Testament that is undergirded with historical truth, namely the Lord’s resurrection on Sunday.

If I am not mistaken, Wayne Jackson is Church of Christ. I can find no scripture forbidding taking communion on any day other than Sunday. The COC takes it EVERY Sunday.

Secondly, I found the author's views on baptism interesting....

Quote:
What difference does it make whether one believes that baptism is “for [unto, to obtain] the remission of sins,” or whether it is “because of remission of sins.” It is alleged that gospel preachers of bygone years who debated with the sectarians on the design of baptism were misguided. Some are contending that the mode of baptism is irrelevant; sprinkling is as valid as immersion, and those baptized as infants must not be excluded from Christian fellowship. To speak of a “non-immersion baptism” is an oxymoron, because “baptize” by definition signifies “to immerse.”

Again, you can tell he is COC. But I agree with him that baptism is FOR (UNTO) the remission of sins in a certain context. Peter is not commanding anyone to be baptized BECAUSE their sins were already forgiven. But this is a teaching that requires much patient discussion and analysis.
7/11/19 7:40 am

Post Tom Sterbens
Really old news...
How long can something "emerge"? Smile
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
7/11/19 7:58 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
The Re-emerging church
7/11/19 9:25 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Really old news...

I like “evolving” better. I am evolving in my faith. The reason? I’m studying things I have always just assumed because preachers preached it.
Acts-pert Poster
7/11/19 9:29 am

Post Cojak
Eddie Robbins wrote:
.. I’m studying things I have always just assumed because preachers preached it.

Just that. And a lot of old folk like you are evolving.... At times involved in evolving! Cool
7/11/19 12:32 pm

Post revuriah
Is this even a thing now? And where is Phil Underwood when you need him?

Revuriah's Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jeff-Richard/1226257444

Jeffrey David Richard's Myspace Music
www.myspace.com/547856946
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
7/11/19 1:14 pm

Post philunderwood

Emergent has become Submergent! LOVE WINS!
The Church of God is RIGHT, Hallelujah to the Lamb!

Seems Dave Dorsey has said all there is to say. He carries the torch!

Discover More...
http://www.refocusing.org

A Mission in Formation
www.bluewaterinthekeys.com
7/11/19 4:03 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
philunderwood wrote:

An honor, my friend!!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/11/19 4:19 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Now, having settled that, maybe we can talk about an actual harlot/end times church...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPhH9OAOhng
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/11/19 4:20 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Now, having settled that, maybe we can talk about an actual harlot/end times church...

Speechless
Acts-pert Poster
7/11/19 5:38 pm

Post Tom Sterbens
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Really old news...

I like “evolving” better. I am evolving in my faith. The reason? I’m studying things I have always just assumed because preachers preached it.

Eddie,

I have always regarded you as demergent.
Just sayin' Smile
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
7/11/19 9:21 pm

Post revuriah
philunderwood wrote:

Emergent has become Submergent! LOVE WINS!
The Church of God is RIGHT, Hallelujah to the Lamb!

😂😂😂 I didn’t think you were around, my friend.

Revuriah's Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jeff-Richard/1226257444

Jeffrey David Richard's Myspace Music
www.myspace.com/547856946
7/12/19 11:48 am

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Man I hope our praise team can learn that one. Beats 'em 7-11 ones. I just can't believe it got (only)28 likes and 43 of them others with the thumb down. Wink

But I'm glad Phil ain't passed to his reward yet! Good to see him. Cool Smile
7/14/19 10:36 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic