Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Branch Baptist Church, Campers Welcome

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Branch Baptist Church, Campers Welcome Cojak
That was our choice this am. they advertise independent and fundamental. the pastor was absent today. We and 6 others were treated to a sermon from Jeremiah on 'The Old Paths'. I could not understand my brother until he began to preach. He was definitely fundamental and independent. He was glad his mama moved them from the Formal Presbyterian church. He described their fake formal religion of creeds and 'responsive readings'.

Of course I began to think of Acts and a post of late concerning same....

My wife wore pants to church (she always worries about that) I thought he was gonna get on that path but he did not.
The young man did a good job of preaching some COG sermons of the 1950s. Not what I was raised with, but many young evangelists I remember from my child hood. the young man moved around a lot and slapped the pulpit a lot.

I did hear one line that made me smile, "I use the King James Version of God's Word, not the watered down versions the Presbyterians use."

About half way through I did wish some one here had recommended a church near Hurt, VA!
Cool
On a positive note, we did meet a sweet lady who used to be an RV'er until her hubby died. She drives 20 miles to this church.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/7/19 10:31 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic