Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Florida Camp Meeting

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Florida Camp Meeting Cojak
we are not there, but have friends that are, so my wife calls it up on the internet. she watched a service and asked me, Why would they have a preacher in florida who is not COG preach the camp meeting? We had pastors at Bradenton and Eustis who put the Word out as well as this man. the sermon was good, but I expected a pastor from Ocala or J'ville. Travis would have blessed the people had they called him!

I had not told her there was a discussion here on Acts concerning that same subject. I just smiled, "that is the overseer and council's determination."
I just thought it was unique that a member would think it odd. Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/12/19 10:41 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
It makes no sense at all.

It should be a gathering of COG singers, teachers, preachers.
6/13/19 7:17 am

Post Believe it or not... Aaron Scott
I have heard that this was the best Campmeeting in YEARS.

Every Campmeeting has great services, but my dad and others indicated this has been one of the best overall Campmeeting in years. Dad told me that the night John Morgan led the singing was as good as ANY he ever recalled hearing—and that’s saying something when we had folks like Arnold Godwin, the Miller Brothers, Randy and Annette Watson, and the Morris Family!
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/15/19 6:08 pm

Post Re: Believe it or not... revuriah
Aaron Scott wrote:
I have heard that this was the best Campmeeting in YEARS.

Every Campmeeting has great services, but my dad and others indicated this has been one of the best overall Campmeeting in years. Dad told me that the night John Morgan led the singing was as good as ANY he ever recalled hearing—and that’s saying something when we had folks like Arnold Godwin, the Miller Brothers, Randy and Annette Watson, and the Morris Family!

Last night was off the chain! Youth night is always big, and this was no exception. The young people led worship with several students from Lead Florida, as well as other young adults with the mass youth choir. All of my kids were there, with my oldest working the canteen (she’s in Lead FL). Tony Suarez brought straight fire. The Spirit really touched us and many danced in the Spirit around the altar. I received a fresh dose of joy myself.

As for using non-COG guys, as long as God wants to use the Tony Suarez’s, Samuel Rodriguez’s, and Jim Cymbala’s (he was in SC Thursday), I’m good. They don’t have to have COG papers to speak into our movement.

Revuriah's Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jeff-Richard/1226257444

Jeffrey David Richard's Myspace Music
www.myspace.com/547856946
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
6/15/19 8:40 pm

Post MrSippi
I attended our campmeeting in Mississippi. We also had powerful services. I have tried to watch as many campmeeting services as I could from those who had livestream. There were some great speakers from both inside and outside the Church of God. I watched the replays of Tim Hill and Tom Madden from Alabama (Their campmeeting was the same week as ours). Both of those services were incredible. I watched David Smith last Tuesday from West Virginia and it was pure fire! Jim Cymbala preached South Carolina and had me in tears as always, I saw Joe Dobbins preaching several meetings. It was really great. Tony Suarez is a preaching machine (South Georgia and Florida)! I saw bits and pieces of a few other services. Overall, it would seem that this campmeeting season has been great! I sense that God is stirring something among those who are hungry. I celebrate what God is doing! Friendly Face
6/15/19 9:11 pm

Post Cojak
I am definitely not a selfish person, and as long as God is blessing 'tis good. I just know that it would be a blessing for some of our 'hidden' worship and preaching talent to be also blessed and displayed for god's glory and to be a blessing.
If we are to be interdenominational, lets go forward with it and allow our ministers to also share their 'anointed' talents in other venues/denominations, and independent works.

It is sorta two faced to promote independent and other denominational ministries and pull credentials of the little guy who just wants to spread the Word.

I don't mean that to be a wet blanket. God bless Camp Meetings,, we certainly need it. Embarassed Cool
6/15/19 10:04 pm

Post The Real Question... MI6
I do not think that this thread was about how great Camp Meeting was - but rather who is making the decision to use certain speakers & singers and why?

It is obvious, the Florida State Overseer either has a backbone like a saw-log
and made this choice himself OR he is spineless and allowed Cleveland HQ Leadership tell him who to pick because they have an behind-the-scenes agenda.

The Pastors know this and now the members are seeing this as well.
Friendly Face
6/15/19 10:06 pm

Post Re: The Real Question... MrSippi
MI6 wrote:
I do not think that this thread was about how great Camp Meeting was - but rather who is making the decision to use certain speakers & singers and why?

It is obvious, the Florida State Overseer either has a backbone like a saw-log
and made this choice himself OR he is spineless and allowed Cleveland HQ Leadership tell him who to pick because they have an behind-the-scenes agenda.

The Pastors know this and now the members are seeing this as well.

This may be one of the most miss-informed posts that I have read on here in a long time. International HQ appoints which Ex Committee member is a representative to each state, but that is the extent of their involvement in state/regional campmeetings. It is even up to the state overseer if/when that EC rep ministers. An overseer chooses his campmeeting speakers just like a pastor chooses his own evangelist. I guess, based upon your analogy, the state overseer has a backbone of a saw-log. Good for him!
Friendly Face
6/15/19 11:01 pm

Post Re: The Real Question... Nature Boy Florida
MrSippi wrote:
the state overseer has a backbone of a saw-log. Good for him!

Maybe the churches in the State can continue to get smaller with overseer saw-log and have more guys go independent. Comgrats. Jm Raley can open more campuses.
6/16/19 6:45 am

Post Re: The Real Question... Cojak
MrSippi wrote:

This may be one of the most miss-informed posts that I have read on here in a long time. ...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
The OP was about my wife's comment on the Florida speaker. I made the post because her statement reflected a discussion that was on this Forum and she knew nothing about. She breathes COG, and has no stones to throw at the COG. She has been a member of this church since 1944 and KNOWS we have and have had some of the best ministers in the world, just wondered why they weren't being used. Shocked Shocked
6/16/19 8:22 am

Post Cojak, AMEN! Aaron Scott
Cojak wrote:
I am definitely not a selfish person, and as long as God is blessing 'tis good. I just know that it would be a blessing for some of our 'hidden' worship and preaching talent to be also blessed and displayed for god's glory and to be a blessing.
If we are to be interdenominational, lets go forward with it and allow our ministers to also share their 'anointed' talents in other venues/denominations, and independent works.

It is sorta two faced to promote independent and other denominational ministries and pull credentials of the little guy who just wants to spread the Word.

I don't mean that to be a wet blanket. God bless Camp Meetings,, we certainly need it. Embarassed Cool

I think it is deeply wrong to pull someone’s credentials, so long as they are still holding COG doctrine while ministering outside the church.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/16/19 5:38 pm

Post Re: The Real Question... MrSippi
Cojak wrote:
MrSippi wrote:

This may be one of the most miss-informed posts that I have read on here in a long time. ...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
The OP was about my wife's comment on the Florida speaker. I made the post because her statement reflected a discussion that was on this Forum and she knew nothing about. She breathes COG, and has no stones to throw at the COG. She has been a member of this church since 1944 and KNOWS we have and have had some of the best ministers in the world, just wondered why they weren't being used. Shocked Shocked

I was not referring to your original post. That is a valid question. My response was to M16’s assertion that Cleveland dictated who the Florida overseer invites to speak. That is ludicrous and incorrect.
Friendly Face
6/16/19 6:30 pm

Post Re: The Real Question... Cojak
MrSippi wrote:
I was not referring to your original post. That is a valid question. My response was to M16’s assertion that Cleveland dictated who the Florida overseer invites to speak. That is ludicrous and incorrect.

Gotcha! Cool my bad! Embarassed
6/16/19 10:06 pm

Post Mr. Sippi - Do you live under a rock ? MI6
What is ludicrous and incorrect is you thought that the COG HQ Leadership
does not force it's will on the Camp Meeting Speaker Agenda.

1. The 5 EC Members are up for re-election - and (by the nature of the COG system) force their way onto the speaking agenda of the largest states and the Covenant Groups.

2. The State AB knows that he better ask the Correct EC member to speak at the Bible Study or Night Service if that AB wants to be retained or promoted.

3. If the EC tells the State AB to ask a non-COG Minister to speak you can be certain that they are trying to bring that Speaker into the Church of God.

4. I have seen this happen since the 1980's and I know that Camp Meeting has been used as a Campaign Stop for Many EC Members.

And that is the way it is !
Friendly Face
6/18/19 3:20 pm

Post Re: Mr. Sippi - Do you live under a rock ? Nature Boy Florida
MI6 wrote:
3. If the EC tells the State AB to ask a non-COG Minister to speak you can be certain that they are trying to bring that Speaker into the Church of God.

This is a joke.

Just how many have been brought into the COG by this method in the last 25 years?

Compare it to how many of our top guys have left.
6/19/19 7:11 am

Post Re: Mr. Sippi - Do you live under a rock ? Cojak
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
MI6 wrote:

This is a joke.

Just how many have been brought into the COG by this method in the last 25 years?

Compare it to how many of our top guys have left.

Well we did get Bro Franklin back, sorta. And that is no kick at Jentesen. He is a fine man from a wonderful COG family and a man of God. Cool
7/3/19 10:39 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic