Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Mayday! Mayday!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post sheepdogandy
Nope, that's about it. Laughing

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/24/19 3:45 pm

Post Stinkin Cheese2
Quote:
No one has the solution - within our current framework.

We're like Sears - we want to be like Amazon - but don't know how to get there from here.

That, my friend, is an excellent comparison. The Cheese has frequently said that the Church of God seems to always be 15 years behind the times and always trying to catch up to the trends but the trends have moved on before we get there.
5/29/19 3:07 pm

Post Stinkin Cheese2
roughridercog wrote:

How many churches, pastors, and members will be gone in 15 months?

Great question. Talk is talk, so I take it as such, but today I spoke with a man who said that there are two pastors in Illinois that are in the process pulling their churches out independant and that a third one is rumored to be preparing to do so as well. Again, who knows, but if so, that would be a crucial blow to the state.
5/29/19 3:15 pm

Post hello from Illinois rickfowler
I am feeling so left out :( . I haven't hear some of the so called "whispers all across the state that he will be gone in 15 months". In fact I have heard many people speak highly and very favorable of our AB. Losing an entire state wow!! That would be quite a feat for anyone and certainly nothing that I've ever witness in over 30 yrs of pastoral ministry in several states. I serve with an AB who is willing to face real problems head on and dare to make a decision and provide a direction. This is what I thought leaders did. Obviously everyone will not agree with every decision that is made, especially if it doesn't go my way. I completely understand that and criticism comes with the territory.

Illinois as a state in the United States is in trouble. 45,000 people left Illinois last year, whoa. It is one of the most taxed states in the union. Parts of the state have had dramatic population changes over the last few years due to the economic changes in the state. It has a long history of corrupt politicians who have been jailed. Illinois is indeed a place that believers all across our nation need to pray for.

The COG in Illinois is definitely aware of these challenges and praying and working to be a part of the change agents rather than to be a group that says woo is me. It is a different day and only God knows what the future holds. It will take a new look and someone with a courageous spirit to lead the change. Can I be so bold to say Rick Whitter possesses both.
Friendly Face
5/30/19 4:38 pm

Post Mayday cogcia
Mayday may be a feeling of in state pastors that have not seen one in state pastor get a supporting church. I guess we have no qualified in state pastors. Glad we have the ability to get good out of state men to fill all our supporting churches since it is evident we don’t have any qualified pastors. So Mayday may just be our feeling. It may just be a contempt for the pastors ABs inherit.
It makes many feel hopeless if you are committed to staying here.
Friendly Face
6/3/19 1:41 pm

Post Re: Mayday Stinkin Cheese2
cogcia wrote:
Mayday may be a feeling of in state pastors that have not seen one in state pastor get a supporting church. I guess we have no qualified in state pastors. Glad we have the ability to get good out of state men to fill all our supporting churches since it is evident we don’t have any qualified pastors. So Mayday may just be our feeling. It may just be a contempt for the pastors ABs inherit.

COGCIA is absolutely correct. Not one in-state man has been given a supporting church since this AB has been here. Not one. One man who had a supporting church but resigned with the AB refused to back him when he needed to deal with there was a demonic led attack in his church was later given a church which was less than half the size of the one he gave up. The poster says he had not heard any of the whispers. Duh? Like anyone is going to say a word knowing it would be quickly taken to the AB!

Last edited by Stinkin Cheese2 on 6/9/19 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
6/3/19 4:16 pm

Post Re: Mayday R. Keith Whitt
Stinkin Cheese2 wrote:
cogcia wrote:

Wouldn't it be funny if someone who came on Acts to defend the man who brought him in from out of state to give him a plum church and promote his name to get him on the state council? Couldn't be anything like that happen; would it? COGCIA is absolutely correct. Not one in-state man has been given a supporting church since this AB has been here. Not one. One man who had a supporting church but resigned with the AB refused to back him when he needed to deal with there was a demonic led attack in his church was later given a church which was less than half the size of the one he gave up. The poster says he had not heard any of the whispers. Duh? Like anyone is going to say a word knowing it would be quickly taken to the AB!

I've known the man you are defaming for over 40 years. He has served the COG well in several states, serving on numerous boards and councils. No body gave him anything. He interviewed, tried out, and was voted on. If you think his church was a "plum" church when he got there, you obviously are not well informed. As I recall, there wasn't exactly a long line to fill the position for a declining church, which he has turned around. Do you really think the ministers of IL are so gullible as to blindly vote him on the council because of an overseer you assert everyone is less than enthusiastic about? You obviously have a low opinion of them!

But then, it's easy to take ill-informed, unChristian, and cowardly shots while hiding in the shadows isn't it. He came on using his real identity. Be a man of integrity and do the same if you're going to criticize someone -- like we all haven't figured out who you are Rolling Eyes I expected much better from you!

Keith
6/7/19 4:02 pm

Post Re: Mayday revuriah
R. Keith Whitt wrote:
Stinkin Cheese2 wrote:
cogcia wrote:

Wouldn't it be funny if someone who came on Acts to defend the man who brought him in from out of state to give him a plum church and promote his name to get him on the state council? Couldn't be anything like that happen; would it? COGCIA is absolutely correct. Not one in-state man has been given a supporting church since this AB has been here. Not one. One man who had a supporting church but resigned with the AB refused to back him when he needed to deal with there was a demonic led attack in his church was later given a church which was less than half the size of the one he gave up. The poster says he had not heard any of the whispers. Duh? Like anyone is going to say a word knowing it would be quickly taken to the AB!

I've known the man you are defaming for over 40 years. He has served the COG well in several states, serving on numerous boards and councils. No body gave him anything. He interviewed, tried out, and was voted on. If you think his church was a "plum" church when he got there, you obviously are not well informed. As I recall, there wasn't exactly a long line to fill the position for a declining church, which he has turned around. Do you really think the ministers of IL are so gullible as to blindly vote him on the council because of an overseer you assert everyone is less than enthusiastic about? You obviously have a low opinion of them!

But then, it's easy to take ill-informed, unChristian, and cowardly shots while hiding in the shadows isn't it. He came on using his real identity. Be a man of integrity and do the same if you're going to criticize someone -- like we all haven't figured out who you are Rolling Eyes I expected much better from you!

Keith

This is sad. I agree, Keith. I wonder what is causing men to look with desire on those “supporting churches” and away from their own field? Not to be harsh, but Jesus said if we’d be faithful in what is little, our faithfulness would be rewarded. Rick Fowler just laid a strong case for revival in a state that is suffering under the heavy hand of political leaders bent on taxing its people to death. I know from the attrition the state is experiencing, there isn’t much hope there. You all have that hope, you have the ability to reach your communities. Yet you have your eyes on that bigger prize. Bloom where you are planted.

I get the temptation to run your name in the bigger place. I’ve been there myself. It does get difficult to not look at the neighbor with the greener grass. Being out of pastoral ministry for a few years, I guess I see with fresh eyes. There are lost and hopeless people all over your towns and cities. Let them be the focus of your energy, your prayer, and ultimately, your harvest.

Revuriah's Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jeff-Richard/1226257444

Jeffrey David Richard's Myspace Music
www.myspace.com/547856946
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
6/7/19 7:52 pm

Post Stinkin Cheese2
You claim to know who I am but I don't know who you are and don't need to. But in your figuring it out you've now made a false judgment about someone you do know and you've attempted to shame them. Carry on good sir. Carry on. Member
6/7/19 10:46 pm

Post Your knowledge is not my knowledge R. Keith Whitt
Stinkin Cheese2 wrote:
You claim to know who I am but I don't know who you are and don't need to. But in your figuring it out you've now made a false judgment about someone you do know and you've attempted to shame them. Carry on good sir. Carry on.

Sorry for the delayed response. I've been away for a few days.

In response, your lack of knowledge in no way limits mine. I know who Trump is, even though he doesn't know me. I know who Nancy Pelosi is -- and believe me, she has no idea I exist. For that, I am thankful Smile I could say more, but ban land lurks on the boundaries. Great moniker BTW.

Keith
6/11/19 7:14 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic