Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

It's Pentecost Sunday!

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post It's Pentecost Sunday! brotherjames
What does that mean in your church?

How did you celebrate it?
Acts-celerater
6/9/19 5:50 am

Post sheepdogandy
Wide open! Shocked

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/9/19 9:21 am

Post "Wide open" brotherjames
Glad to hear that there's at least 2 of us. Wink Wink
We had a GREAT SERVICE!! If o do say so myself but I heard from many those words. Of course as it was pointed out to me, it's always Pentecost Sunday every week at our church. We haven't forgotten how we got here and aren't embarrassed of The Holy Spirit/Ghost. We aren't cessaionists either like so much of the formerly Pentecostal church is today.
Acts-celerater
6/9/19 1:59 pm

Post FLRon
Pentecost Sunday was not mentioned one time in the cog I attend.
6/9/19 10:07 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
We had a great service today! Our pastor preached about Pentecost and then he prayed for everyone that came forward that wanted a fresh touch of the Spirit. I prayed with several folks, and we ended by all of us laying hands on our pastor. His schedule is going to be very busy in June, and he pours out a lot all the time.

We welcome the Holy Spirit and expect Him to be in our midst. We are unashamedly Pentecostal! Smile
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/9/19 10:09 pm

Post Holy Spirit moved beautifully... Rife Stewart
I'm not sure I would have mentioned Pentecost Sunday (I did briefly) other than the fact that it was... and that Holy Spirit really moved in a powerful way throughout the day. I led people in salvation, gave opportunities for people to be baptized in the Holy Spirit, we worshipped and had a great message on going DEEPER. I believe Holy Spirit honored our heart's cry for that because His presence that was so evident.

However, this is really what our corporate times of worship normally look like.

Personally, I don't like the terms pentecostal or charismatic, although I embrace both pentecost and charismata. I like to just think of us as the Church.
Acts-celerater
6/9/19 11:41 pm

Post SCFIRE
I had a prepared message concerning Pentecost and worship just exploded and it ended up with 8 getting saved and 10 receiving the Baptism of the Holy Ghost and spoke in tongues. I see that the Holy Ghost decided to show His own rendition of Pentecost. Then today the 2nd day after Pentecost we took a food truck out and gave food to over 350 people and 105 of them either dedicated or re-dedicated their lives to Christ.
Plus training a church this after noon in Drive Thru Prayer the way we do it and had a Holy Ghost time at the end and praying for about an hour. It was great.
6/11/19 9:12 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
I finally found the time and funds to go visit Sister Flippo's church, the one she has in her basement. Beulah was out of town so I didn't get to meet her.
6/13/19 11:13 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic