Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

It was called 'Concert Prayer!'

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post It was called 'Concert Prayer!' Cojak
Growing up during service at prayer time every member knelt to pray and cry out to God at their pews or at the alter at prayer time.

My personal attitude to prayer changed as 'we had someone 'lead' in prayer. For some years there was still a chorus of voices praying OUT to God.

But I thought I was becoming lazy. I listened to the 'leader' (normally our pastor) as he prayed. I have realized lately (for years), I am saying 'Amen Lord', 'Me too Lord' etc as the leader prays much better(?) than I can. That is not meant to be a cute statement but a true statement.

I had NEVER confided my feelings before, but I have a good friend and brother I talk to. Last Sunday I shared my feelings. He smiled and said, "I do the same here in church. That is still your prayer, right? It is what you mean isn't it?"
I said yes of course, well I think that is still a prayer.

Any thoughts?
I don't feel condemned for my actions, but concerned that maybe I am lazy, and listening when I should be praying!
Of course when I pray alone, it is ME of course. Shocked Embarassed Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/8/19 9:16 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
I often find it difficult and distracting to attempt to pray my own prayer while someone else is leading a prayer. So long as you have an active personal prayer life, I personally wouldn't give this much thought. I think echoing and agreeing is a perfectly reasonable thing to do during a prayer someone else is leading. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/9/19 7:12 am

Post Cojak
[quote="Dave Dorsey"]I often find it difficult and distracting to attempt to pray my own prayer while someone else is leading a prayer. So long as you have an active personal prayer life, I personally wouldn't give this much thought. I think echoing and agreeing is a perfectly reasonable thing to do during a prayer someone else is leading.[/quote]
Thanks Dave, I like how you said it. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/9/19 1:28 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic