Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Transgender thoughts

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Transgender thoughts Nature Boy Florida
What if Tim Hill transitioned to Tina Hill?
Could the COG then say they have their first female General Overseer?

I just read another article on another woman becoming a national champion in college track (even though she was an also ran the year before when she was a man competing against men.).

Could this be a way for women to become leaders in the COG?
6/5/19 8:58 pm

Post Cojak
Shocked Shocked
Somehow I don't think it will pass the smell test. I think I read somewhere there was much 'protest' talk about the athletic world and trans-stuff!

Imma tell you this world comes up with too much to confuse a old man! Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/5/19 10:09 pm

Post Serious issue, scary illustration Mat
NBF,

You touched on a serious issue with a scary illustration. I'm not sure I could use the Tim/Tina analogy, and I'm not even COG.

The issue of a transgender denominational leader, going from man to woman, is currently most likely churches like the Episcopal Church, United Church of Christ, United Methodist Church and a few others. I think the denomination would pay for the medical cost and give special honors to the newly "minted" women Bishop. How could he/she not be the best leader, as he/she has seen life from both sides now?

As to the current, and real, issue of Transgenders becoming a dominant force in women's athletics, it is only going to get worse. I saw an interview with an Olympic woman swimmer who was sounding the alarm of the demise of women's sports due to transgenders, and even more due to those men who identify as women without even having the surgery. She was saying there is not even a requirement in many cases for a doctor to certify they are transgender.

The good news, men who can't quite get a sports scholarship on the men's team and dominate the women's teams.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
6/6/19 6:35 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic