Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Is our brand of Christianity confusing?...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Is our brand of Christianity confusing?... caseyleejones
The anti-WOF posts got me to thinking.....By the way, this is not pro or anti WOF and I don't see myself as WOF...though I do adhere to some of those beliefs which by the way really are beliefs passed on to them from the previous generation of pentecostals....anyway...

1) Several have argued about using OT references and applying it to today such as Deut 28. If this is true, the greatest ruse is perpetrated each week under the guise of tithing.

2) The modern church meeting in buildings seems to more resemble the OT temple. Again, keep those tithes going to keep the temple...ahem...the church building and salaries going.....

3) Many here that post are COG. But, some say women are to keep silent in church while others play the culture card. Do we play the culture card with passages we don't like?

4) What is the initial evidence of the baptism? Some here disagree.

5) I remember some posters a long time ago believed Charles Stanley and OSAS people will split hell wide open. Really? If this is such a great gift, why didn't Billy Graham have it?

6) Then there's oneness and trinitarians.....who's got the right formula for baptizing? I know it's not an issue on ACTS but....if you don't say in Jesus name....still unsaved....

7) Billy Graham seemed to be open to the notion that other faiths were "of the same fold" as us...

Cool...then there's divorce. How many views do we have here on the issue? i remember reading posters and pastors saying that staying in the second marriage is perpetual adultery...

9) Some good Godly people that I know are embracing gay marriage.

10) We are opposed to abortion at conception but finding solid references saying the spirit of man enters at conception seems elusive. Therefore, many in the church are pro-choice up to 4 weeks...

By the way...I still tithe, have church weekly, trust God for increase in my life..and prosperity and healing..still married to the same woman almost 30 years now...but I don't condemn those divorced or remarrying....

I would venture say however that each person here has a unique "brand' of christianity".

We better hope in God's Grace.
Acts-perienced Poster
6/5/19 9:55 am

Post Our Brand Change Agent
I,m beginning to believe all brands of Christianity are confusing. If you have a teacher/preacher that does not know the truth of the Word you can be easily lead in a wrong direction. I am currently revisiting some of the past teachings I have experienced. Acts Enthusiast
6/26/19 10:31 am

Post Re: Is our brand of Christianity confusing?... UncleJD
caseyleejones wrote:

I would venture say however that each person here has a unique "brand' of christianity".

this has been troubling me more and more lately. Its easy to think that this church or that denomination may be "the right one" (for now), but let it say something that we don't "feel" is right, and we've been trained to just move to a new place. We are a rebellious and unruly generation for sure. If I didn't feel the Reformation was totally necessary at the time it happened, I'd blame all protestantism as the source of the "we don't have to listen or obey anyone in authority unless we agree with them". But its really more a "modern/American" humanist mindset that has entered into the ENTIRE body of Christ. Even so come quickly Lord Jesus.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/26/19 11:59 am

Post Eddie Robbins
No question that I stand alone in my brand. That’s ok, though. It’s not a fellowship breaker for me. It could be for others towards me. Acts-pert Poster
6/26/19 12:22 pm

Post I think I do as well.... caseyleejones
Eddie Robbins wrote:
No question that I stand alone in my brand. That’s ok, though. It’s not a fellowship breaker for me. It could be for others towards me.

I am in the minority ...if not all by myself...
Acts-perienced Poster
6/26/19 12:53 pm

Post Re: I think I do as well.... Eddie Robbins
caseyleejones wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
No question that I stand alone in my brand. That’s ok, though. It’s not a fellowship breaker for me. It could be for others towards me.

I am in the minority ...if not all by myself...

I would love to hear some of your thoughts that is outside of mainstream COGism. 😄
Acts-pert Poster
6/26/19 3:24 pm

Post Cojak
Yeah Casey we are a strange bunch, and yes we do interpret according to ingrained thoughts and lessons. I must admit I have become more of a middle of the road guy, and mainly through observation, of where we were and where we think we are now.

I think people here and in our church world have many of the concerns you listed. Just the fact that there is an Acts (thanks to Doyle) goes to show many of your points are very real.

And JD, we are rebellious, but only when we are right and the others are so blessed WRONG!. Embarassed Very Happy Very Happy
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/26/19 5:16 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic