Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Disappearing Act?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Waambulance Man
The COG is growing outside of the USA. In the states, not so much. Hey, DOC
4/28/19 9:44 pm

Post Waambulance Man
Today I was in the area where Upward Church had been planted and I had the opportunity to have lunch with someone who was connected to the church and the Robertsons. He was very upset that they were just left hanging in limbo with no explanation whatsoever. This guy has been connected to the Church of God for a long time and he posed a good question; where is all the equipment purchsed for the church. I told him that AB Whitter had commented on here that people should call him if they had questions. It is a good question and shouldbe answered. Hey, DOC
5/8/19 9:59 pm

Post cogcia
Cojak wrote:
Waambulance Man wrote:
It is really no surprise that so many just accept "nothing to see here folks" and look the other way. This has been the way things have always been done in the Church of God for decades. All we need to do is ask why are so many long-term COG pastors bailing from the ship? Guys from Jim Bolin, Kevin Wallace, Jerry Lawson from some of our largest churches, not to mention dozens of faithful pastors of "smaller" churches. I hear that there have been 6 or 7 pastors in Illinois who have gone independent in the last few years. Why is this happening? Might I suggest that these men have had enough of the COG way of no accountability?

Eventhough it sounds harsh, you do have a point here that many times we question things in our minds, but accept things as they are.

Are we shrinking or dying as an organization? I pray not! Shocked

Many States are selling more churches than they are planting. Many states are also seeing many churches in great decline. Thank God some are growing, but we need more growing.
Friendly Face
6/3/19 1:53 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Well, what happened?
Did anybody call Rick?
This whole thing seems like a bunch of nonsense.
The topic has been discussed and the dollar amounts are obviously wrong considering it went from $40K to $5,000.
The AB responded & gave his email & his cell ...did any of the concerned posters call him ...or is the intimidation factor still in play?
Looks like the main concern is where is the sound system? If it's like most CoG churches it was probably in used condition to begin with & half the board didn't work.
AB Rick said the couple did all they could & felt like there was nothing more they could do. (you do know that many ARC plants fail every year so it's not just a CoG issue?)
Just because some good folks tried & failed doesn't mean a sincere effort wasn't made.
I think the reason the CoG does well under the small church format & part of the reason the larger churches bail is because we don't know how to minister to both.
Large churches have a completely different vision/scope of ministry w/big budgets & they are expected to support HQ in the same way as small churches.
But when a large church mails out $10K per month (as an example) it's easy for the board members of a large church to ask questions ...like "WHY?"
Why are we sending out money to HQ & what is the money being used for?

Same thing here in the OP ..."WHY?"
Why did we invest $5,000, audio equipment, lights, bikes, married minister, Illinois & so on? Because someone was trying to obey the call to plant a church.
We're not always successful & nowadays it's harder to plant than ever before with resources in short supply & young families in need of 2 incomes.
This isn't the 1960's & we don't seem to have the best track record at planting churches ...at least we don't have a great track record outside the S/E!
I want us to plant churches, I live in a state where it's extremely difficult to plant a church but I'm determined to try.
Problem too often is we don't have a burning desire to fulfill the call.
My prayer is that we don't get so complacent that we stop trying to plant churches.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
6/25/19 7:47 pm

Post Cojak
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
Well, what happened?
Did anybody call Rick?
Problem too often is we don't have a burning desire to fulfill the call.
My prayer is that we don't get so complacent that we stop trying to plant churches.

Very good points Dean.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/25/19 9:09 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic