Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

More than 370 former federal prosecutors say Trump would have been charged if he wasn't president (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post More than 370 former federal prosecutors say Trump would have been charged if he wasn't president (L) Dave Dorsey
https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2019/05/former-prosecutors-trump-charged-obstruction-not-president/

Honestly -- I don't doubt that this is true. But it would be better to interpret this as criticism of the extremely flimsy basis required for the federal government to bring charges against someone, rather than any particular criticism of the legality of the president's behavior, IMO.

It's always irritating to see the rich and powerful get away with things that everyday Americans would get nailed to the wall for. But in many cases the cure isn't nailing the rich and powerful to the wall -- it's NOT nailing everyday Americans to the wall.

Happy Monday y'all.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/6/19 12:47 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Agreed.

But based on Hillary being deemed not worthy to charge - I'm not sure what the threshold is.
5/6/19 12:55 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Agreed.

But based on Hillary being deemed not worthy to charge - I'm not sure what the threshold is.

Good point. Sometimes it definitely works the other way -- ordinary Americans should get nailed to the wall for something and the rich and powerful should to. Reckless disregard in protecting classified material is a great example of one that should go the other way.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/6/19 1:22 pm

Post Baloney brotherjames
You can find even more who say no basis. Men like former SDNY prosecutor Andy McCarthy.

With half the country anti Trump your headline is bogus fake disinformation news. Baloney.
Acts-celerater
5/6/19 3:12 pm

Post Re: Baloney Cojak
brotherjames wrote:
You can find even more who say no basis. Men like former SDNY prosecutor Andy McCarthy.

With half the country anti Trump your headline is bogus fake disinformation news. Baloney.

I must agree with BJ here. Numbers mean little without apposing numbers. How many FED ATTnys, say he would not be prosecuted?

If an ATTorney with the staff and funding could not find a blatant reason for the Pres to be charged, it seems silly to start second and third guessing. Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/6/19 7:56 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
I saw a similar stat once of Federal Prosecutors who said they would refuse to prosecute Hillary if asked to. This may be why there has been such a hesitation in going after her.
5/6/19 8:08 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
I saw a similar stat once of Federal Prosecutors who said they would refuse to prosecute Hillary if asked to. This may be why there has been such a hesitation in going after her.

I wouldn't be surprised by that at all. The state of federal law enforcement in this country is pretty upsetting sometimes.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/6/19 8:11 pm

Post The Long and Short of It... Aaron Scott
The Democrats didn't get the conclusion they hoped for, longed for, dreamed about, and were so sure would pan out.

And now, after claiming that Mueller was so aboveboard, etc., when the conclusion isn't what they like, they want to second guess him, DESPITE them not having done all the investigation, despite them not having more than a smidgen of the full information.

Here's the deal: If they DID get an indictment and it failed, they would then blame the judge. They are simply not going to rest until they do as much damage to Trump as they can.

I have learned in watching these sort of things pan out that there is NEVER ANY MERCY! They will try to get you to abject apologize in the hopes of saving your job...AND THEN GUT YOU ON NATIONAL TV BY TAKING AWAY YOUR JOB.

Even if I were dead wrong, I don't think I would apologize to the Democrats, ever. They have squandered any meaning it might have. Nothing is to be gained.

So, I hope Trump SKEWERS them, since they have tried since DAY ONE to undermine his presidency. Anything and everything that can be done within the law to hurt their cause is a good thing, I think.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/7/19 7:50 am

Post Dave Dorsey
It's gonna get real interesting when Mueller testifies next week and basically says he's good with the authority they had during the investigation, how Barr handled stuff afterwards, etc. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/7/19 8:05 am

Post UncleJD
The clear implications in all this is that the powerful can and will disrupt your life for years on end, illegally and with phony cause that they made up, and when they get exposed for it, there will be ZERO ramifications and they will even turn the fact that you resisted their lies into grounds to further intimidate and pursue your destruction.

But in the end, its no big revelation, its been happening to the weak and poor for thousands of years.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/7/19 4:46 pm

Post Re: More than 370 former federal prosecutors say Trump would have been charged if he wasn't president (L) Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2019/05/former-prosecutors-trump-charged-obstruction-not-president/

Honestly -- I don't doubt that this is true. ...
It's always irritating to see the rich and powerful get away with things that everyday Americans would get nailed to the wall for. ...

Happy Monday y'all.

This has been a fact of life since the beginning. It is the same in Government, MIlitary, church and business. WHO YOU ARE makes all the difference.
I am seeing the very same thing in our local city government. Builders who represent 'the city names' can get variances for most every ordnance, while we the small guys got laughed at basically.

I have been in council meetings where moratoriums were lifted for special people for 10 minutes while they got their plans approved for apartments and then the moratorium on apartments was reinstated. My request stayed dormant. LOL I approached the city attorney, he said, "You know that is life here and all over the country. That man's family produced thousands of jobs in this town." He smiled knowing I had produced 10-15 jobs. LOL
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/7/19 10:13 pm

Post Question,..what was this based on? These prosecutors caseyleejones
say they would prosecute. Was the whole Mueller report released? Sorry, out of pocket with things at work...thanks Acts-perienced Poster
5/8/19 7:57 am

Post Re: Question,..what was this based on? These prosecutors Dave Dorsey
caseyleejones wrote:
say they would prosecute. Was the whole Mueller report released? Sorry, out of pocket with things at work...thanks

Yes, the whole report has been made public with the exception of some small portions that are redacted because of Rule 6(e) (a law protecting confidential grand jury information) and some other small portions that are relevant to ongoing investigations.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/8/19 8:04 am

Post UncleJD
If I read it right, it seems that the un-redacted report was available in a special secure room for all of Congress to read for at least 2 weeks. The Dems refused to even go inside the room and read it, sticking to demand that it be made public (and knowing that would be illegal because of what it contained). I read that this morning, Trump had that version sealed and put away by executive-privilege. They had 2 weeks, they didn't read it, now its too late. I think that is hilarious. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/8/19 12:50 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
UncleJD wrote:
If I read it right, it seems that the un-redacted report was available in a special secure room for all of Congress to read for at least 2 weeks. The Dems refused to even go inside the room and read it, sticking to demand that it be made public (and knowing that would be illegal because of what it contained). I read that this morning, Trump had that version sealed and put away by executive-privilege. They had 2 weeks, they didn't read it, now its too late. I think that is hilarious.

The full unredacted report was made available to 6 Republicans and 6 Democrats. However, you are exactly correct that the 6 Democrats refused to look at it. Only Lindsey Graham and Doug Collins elected to view it.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/8/19 2:47 pm

Post Re: More than 370 former federal prosecutors say Trump would have been charged if he wasn't president (L) Dean Steenburgh
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Honestly -- I don't doubt that this is true. But it would be better to interpret this as criticism of the extremely flimsy basis required for the federal government to bring charges against someone, rather than any particular criticism of the legality of the president's behavior, IMO.

It's always irritating to see the rich and powerful get away with things that everyday Americans would get nailed to the wall for. But in many cases the cure isn't nailing the rich and powerful to the wall -- it's NOT nailing everyday Americans to the wall.

Happy Monday y'all.

First what's funny is the name on the source (Hot Air) & then secondly I wonder how good those former prosecutors would be when they sign on to something whose basis has been redacted so heavily.
I wonder if those same former prosecutors were as outraged when Mrs. Clinton destroyed over 30,000 emails & all of the hard drives & memories?

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
5/8/19 7:32 pm

Post Re: More than 370 former federal prosecutors say Trump would have been charged if he wasn't president (L) Dave Dorsey
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
First what's funny is the name on the source (Hot Air)

Hot Air is a conservative news and commentary website originally founded by Michelle Malkin and currently owned by Salem Media Group (a Christian media company which also owns RedState and Human Events).

It's great, check it out!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/8/19 7:47 pm

Post Re: More than 370 former federal prosecutors say Trump would have been charged if he wasn't president (L) Dean Steenburgh
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
First what's funny is the name on the source (Hot Air)

Hot Air is a conservative news and commentary website originally founded by Michelle Malkin and currently owned by Salem Media Group (a Christian media company which also owns RedState and Human Events).

It's great, check it out!

I figured it was a play on words but it's a funny one to get the readers attention.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
5/8/19 7:57 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic