Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Old Habits Die Hard

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Old Habits Die Hard Darrell Garrett
Earlier this week I received a phone call from a long-time friend of mine in Cleveland concerning my comments on the thread about the sale of property in which I cited the passages from the Book of Minutes which are being "interpreted" in such a way to provide the opportunity to sell church properties and then use those funds in ways that are not according to the intent of the will of the General Assembly. My friend was very kind, but he told me that there are those who are reading my posts "with great interest" and he said that I needed to be very careful because my future was at stake. I told him that I appreciated the fact that he called and I knew him well enough to know that if he was saying this to me then things were already being said within certain circles, but that he may want to remind those people that I was no longer credentialed with the COG which means the days of fear and intimidation are over. I'm sure this post will not make me any friends, but I just wanted to say it again: my intention is not to harm the COG, but to help rectify a problem that has gone on for far too long. Being outside the denomination as I am now, I am free to say what I wish without the threats and intimidation that have come my way since the 1990's. It's a new day.

Last edited by Darrell Garrett on 5/4/19 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/4/19 1:04 pm

Post Cojak
Cool Thumb Up
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/4/19 1:10 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
No matter how many times I hear of something like this, it never stops feeling unbelievable that people whose lives are ostensibly dedicated to the proclamation of the gospel would do such things. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/4/19 3:21 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic