Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Unemployment falls to lowest level since 1969 (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Unemployment falls to lowest level since 1969 (L) Dave Dorsey
https://hotair.com/archives/2019/05/03/boom-ctd-unemployment-falls-49-year-low-263000-jobs-added-april/

At some point it doesn't matter how stupid your Twitter feed is.

A good occasion to remember the prediction of Paul Krugman in the NYT on election night 2016, as Dow futures plunged following Trump's victory: "If the question is when markets will recover, a first-pass answer is never." Oops.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/3/19 9:43 am

Post Eddie Robbins
I remember when numbers went down when Obama was president and people were saying it was because of all the people leaving the work pool who could get work. Their unemployment period was over so they weren’t included in the numbers. Acts-pert Poster
5/3/19 10:45 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Eddie Robbins wrote:
I remember when numbers went down when Obama was president and people were saying it was because of all the people leaving the work pool who could get work. Their unemployment period was over so they weren’t included in the numbers.

Yeah, I don't know what the U6 rate is currently but Hot Air is a site that trends toward Trump skepticism so I think they'd have mentioned if it was relevant. They did specify that part of it might be due to changes the BLS has recently made in the method they use to tabulate.

Nevertheless, Trump and tariffs and all, the economy seems to be doing pretty well.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/3/19 10:53 am

Post Eddie Robbins
There is no question. If he would just do his job and keep quiet, things would so much better! Acts-pert Poster
5/3/19 11:27 am

Post Cojak
I would mention it is the best economy I can remember. I would mention I have only traveled on the east coast in the last two years, but I see more building in my small home town in NC than I have ever seen.
But, BUT when I mention the economy is good, for some reason I am not a good Christian because I don't care that our president is not a Christian or at least a real one.

Anyway no matter how the unemployment numbers are calculated, I do not have a friend, or personally know anyone that is out of work and on unemployment.

Say what you will, and people will. The man in charge may be an 'idiot' to some. But for some reason the economy is good. When I read some 'tweets' I could scream, but when I once saw the % headed for 24% interest on home loans I wanted to scream too, when I had 2 for sale. LOL

There will come a slow down, I do not doubt, but it seems it has been a good run so far.... Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/3/19 12:04 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Maybe economy is better because Christians are actually praying for this President - Dems because they are scared of him, Reps because they know he could embarrass them at any moment. Twisted Evil
5/3/19 12:22 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Maybe economy is better because Christians are actually praying for this President - Dems because they are scared of him, Reps because they know he could embarrass them at any moment. Twisted Evil

Well ACKSHUALLY this is just the Obama economy finally coming to term.

Because apparently economic indicators lag by 2-3 years? That has always been something that has amazed me... Democrat in the WH and economy in the dumps, "oh he's dealing with the awful economy of his predecessor." Republican in the WH and economy going gangbusters, "this is the economy the previous administration built!"

Somehow GWB's economy dogged Obama for 8 long years. Glad that's finally over and we are seeing the economic fruit of his administration.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/3/19 12:49 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Well ACKSHUALLY this is just the Obama economy finally coming to term.

Because apparently economic indicators lag by 2-3 years? That has always been something that has amazed me... Democrat in the WH and economy in the dumps, "oh he's dealing with the awful economy of his predecessor." Republican in the WH and economy going gangbusters, "this is the economy the previous administration built!"

Thanks Barack.

However, the strategic tax cuts improved the economy - especially repatriating overseas money that had been doing nothing for the US economy for years.
Extra drilling for oil in Bush years has kept gas prices low.
Democrats out of the Presidency and Congress helped confidence for the first 2 years.
5/3/19 12:56 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
However, the strategic tax cuts improved the economy - especially repatriating overseas money that had been doing nothing for the US economy for years.

Sure enough. Not only where they an overwhelming success (despite the horror cries of the media) but I read yesterday that even the SALT limitation has not had any meaningful impact on blue state revenue or migration out of those states. This was supposed to be the brutal, mean thing the administration was doing to attack his political opponents and they were wrong even about that.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/3/19 1:02 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
We do need gas prices to come down. We also need real fiscal conservatism to work on the national debt. They have been terrible with spending. It will catch up to us at some point. Acts-pert Poster
5/3/19 1:13 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Eddie Robbins wrote:
We do need gas prices to come down. We also need real fiscal conservatism to work on the national debt. They have been terrible with spending. It will catch up to us at some point.

Yup, very true. Glad the economy is gangbusters today, but we are just years away from the first entitlement shortages.

Something that can't go on forever, won't.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/3/19 1:30 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Eddie Robbins wrote:
We do need gas prices to come down. We also need real fiscal conservatism to work on the national debt. They have been terrible with spending. It will catch up to us at some point.

Agreed.

It doesn't make any sense why it never gets addressed.
5/3/19 1:43 pm

Post Cojak
Eddie Robbins wrote:

Agreed.

It doesn't make any sense why it never gets addressed.

Amen and Amen to both comments! Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/3/19 6:27 pm

Post Here's a side note Mat
Here's a side note, a recent report (which I do not have a link to) said that "house flipping" has returned to the levels it was just before the housing bubble bust. It seems like a game of musical chairs, so that when the sweet music of low interest rates and booming economy stops, if all your assets are in houses, you may we out of the game. After WWII the USA accounted for 50% of the worlds (every country included) economy. Today we now trail China and we are about 21%. Yet, our national debt, foreign and domestic levels of spending are still based on being the dominate economic power in the world. My thinking is that sometime around the Presidential election (remember Obama verse McCain in 2008) there will be a major correction in the markets (downward). If it occurs before the election (you never know what an October will bring on Wall Street) we will get the liberal democrat as president. If the correction can be "held-off" until after the election, Trump may have a second term. Once the correction occurs, whoever is president will lose both the House and the Senate.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
5/4/19 6:57 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic