Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Integrity in leadership

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Integrity in leadership AdamJ
My expectations have really charged. I use to expect integrity in Leadership. Now I expect that Leadership is out for self promotion. I use to expect leadership to do what is best for local churches and ministry. I now expect leadership to put the system above the ministry. We are raising a generation of leaders that believes ministry is top down. That local members and the local churches are just a means to keeping the system jobs a float and any opposition will be met with force. We are losing good Ministries and Ministers that will not be controlled by that power. The expectation from leadership of subservient pastors that will just do as they are told are unrealistic. Pastor will not continue to put system above ministry. Hey, DOC
4/17/19 11:45 am

Post You my friend have become a cynic brotherjames
Not every leader is like your experience. Do not let your bad experience become your expectation. I have a Bible College at our church. One of my key teachings in Pastoral Theology and Leadership is teaching young ministers that there are 3 essentials to being a minister of Jesus Christ. #1 is integrity. 2 is credibility and 3 is loyalty. Without integrity you have no credibility. Without integrity you have lost the right and ability to minister at the table of Jesus Christ.

I say it again, your experience is Not reality.
Acts-celerater
4/17/19 1:14 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Depends on who you ask.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/17/19 5:36 pm

Post AdamJ
It has been our Reality. I hope it’s not the normal. Hey, DOC
4/17/19 7:05 pm

Post Cojak
In my short 'ministry' career stint in the COG I did not have a problem with leadership. I thought they did the best they could. I think the majority of the ministers in the COG feel the same. I always knew 'who you know' or 'who you are' makes a difference. It is a natural reflex, in church or in business. Good or bad it is real, it is life.

There are bad apples in most bushels. That is a shame too, but that to is life. I think most in administrative positions are 'company men (and women)' or they would probably not be there if they were not. That doesn't make them bad. Some let personality get in the way and then I am sure make ignorant decisions. Ignorance is not a sin, but could definitely cause wrong decisions. Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/19/19 11:21 pm

Post cogcia
Cojak wrote:
In my short 'ministry' career stint in the COG I did not have a problem with leadership. I thought they did the best they could. I think the majority of the ministers in the COG feel the same. I always knew 'who you know' or 'who you are' makes a difference. It is a natural reflex, in church or in business. Good or bad it is real, it is life.

There are bad apples in most bushels. That is a shame too, but that to is life. I think most in administrative positions are 'company men (and women)' or they would probably not be there if they were not. That doesn't make them bad. Some let personality get in the way and then I am sure make ignorant decisions. Ignorance is not a sin, but could definitely cause wrong decisions. Shocked

I spent years blaming Ignorance trying to not believe the worst. Today I blame selfish ambition. The more corpses you have you can use them to build a staircase up the System.
Some climb the ladder through building great relationships, others build a reputation that is based on self promotion. Out of 10 Overseers I’ve had 3 that were horrible, 4 excellent and the rest average. The Horrible ones can cause extreme damage trying to climb the political ladder. My current Overseer is the worst I’ve experienced. I’m Hoping he gets the promotion he wants soon. I will also say the great Overseers has been a great blessing.
Friendly Face
4/20/19 7:23 am

Post Carolyn Smith
My husband & I went through an experience many years ago with a well known minister that hurt us very badly. I had always highly respected this man, and it was very disappointing. I became cynical for a period of time and had the attitude of, "Show me you're a man of God." Then God gave us a man as our pastor who was the epitome of integrity. Serving under him for several years restored my faith in ministers. Leaders are just like other ministers/men. Some are the best of the best, and some you wish you'd never met. Some are wonderful, and some are not.

Becoming cynical is a natural response to being hurt or taken advantage of. But please spend time in prayer and ask God to show you your way out of this attitude. Becoming cynical and seeing the bad side of church/ministers is what led my son away from the Lord. It's a dangerous place to be spiritually, and it lessens your effectiveness as a minister.
4/20/19 9:12 am

Post AdamJ
Carolyn Smith wrote:
My husband & I went through an experience many years ago with a well known minister that hurt us very badly. I had always highly respected this man, and it was very disappointing. I became cynical for a period of time and had the attitude of, "Show me you're a man of God." Then God gave us a man as our pastor who was the epitome of integrity. Serving under him for several years restored my faith in ministers. Leaders are just like other ministers/men. Some are the best of the best, and some you wish you'd never met. Some are wonderful, and some are not.

Becoming cynical is a natural response to being hurt or taken advantage of. But please spend time in prayer and ask God to show you your way out of this attitude. Becoming cynical and seeing the bad side of church/ministers is what led my son away from the Lord. It's a dangerous place to be spiritually, and it lessens your effectiveness as a minister.

I agree it is a dangerous place. I’ve quite going the COG functions. Still being very supportive of my pastor and church. Will say for the first time ever I’m considering going to an independent church. Been disappointed before, but this leadership is so destructive to churches and pastors.
Hey, DOC
4/23/19 8:42 am

Post sheepdogandy
Centralized government breeds corruption.

Not only in Cleveland, but everywhere else it exists.

www.spwc.church
4/27/19 11:42 am

Post This is COG Reality MI6
The Local Church can survive without the State Office or International Office...

The State Office and International Office cannot survive without taking money away from the local church... And what is the benefit?
Friendly Face
4/28/19 9:03 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic