Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What is a kingdom work? I am listening to a well-known minister say that if an atheist

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post What is a kingdom work? I am listening to a well-known minister say that if an atheist caseyleejones
Or an unbeliever can do it, Then it is not a kingdom work. Do you agree or disagree? Why or why not? Acts-perienced Poster
4/24/19 5:25 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
That doesn't make any sense to me, to be honest. What was his scriptural basis for this claim, if any? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/24/19 7:16 pm

Post diakoneo
Why would an atheist or unbeliever be interested in doing kingdom work?

Especially if the kingdom of God is "righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit"?
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/24/19 8:49 pm

Post Darrell Garrett
I happen to know a woman who is an atheist who is very involved with the homeless and hungry in Peoria. Therefore, according to what some here are saying, feeding the hungry, providing clothing, medical necessities, toiletries and such, and helping to find them housing cannot be kingdom work. Yet Jesus said, "I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.' Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me." Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/24/19 9:53 pm

Post Remember when the disciples reported to Jesus that someone... Aaron Scott
who wasn't part of their group was baptizing people?

Jesus said to leave them alone--if they aren't against Me, they're for Me.

I don't know how closely this applies to the problem at hand, but it seems to have some weight.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/25/19 7:28 am

Post Eddie Robbins
A few years ago, the lady who donated the most money to my daughter to go to Haiti was a Muslim. She was contributing to Kingdom work. God can use anybody for His purpose. Acts-pert Poster
4/25/19 12:01 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Eddie Robbins wrote:
God can use anybody for His purpose.

I think this is what it comes down to.

Was Judas doing kingdom work? The role that he played was a necessary part of the securing of our salvation. The work was Christ's and Christ's alone, and God could have used anything or anyone in the fulfillment of His plan. Judas deserves no credit and his condemnation is just. But the notion that unbelievers can't do good (or, in Judas' case bad) works for the benefit of believers is simply non-scriptural.

It's hard to comment on what this dude was saying without hearing the broader context, but I'd like to hear what he considers a "kingdom work" / something only a believer can do.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/25/19 12:10 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Eddie Robbins wrote:
God can use anybody for His purpose.

I present to you: Aaron Scott - as exhibit A of this.
If God can use him - He can use anyone. Twisted Evil
4/25/19 12:21 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
I present to you: Aaron Scott - as exhibit A of this.
If God can use him - He can use anyone. Twisted Evil

I felt that one deep in mah bones, preacher! GLOWRAY
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/25/19 12:26 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic