Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

NC Home for Children

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post NC Home for Children Cojak
We had the best senior meeting tonight. Ken Hudson, head of NC Home For Children was the invited guest. He was invited by our spry 92 year old Ann Brown. Ann told me she had mentioned to Ken that we would compensate him for his time. He had in return told her, why don't you give it to the kids. She raised over $4000 for the Home.

That was not the biggie. Unknown to me two of my friends were products of the Home and spoke tonight. Ken did not know they were going to speak. Their testimonies were inspiring.

Ken spoke and informed us all that the children he receives now are normally not orphans, but mistreated and abused children with terrible mental scars.

There is a great history with the Home. I remember all of the churches my dad pastored raising money to support the home.

I just wanted to give a shout-out for our NC Home , as well as the Homes for Children in several states as well as Severville. It is a wonderful ministry! We have two fine church members who lived in the NC Home. It is definitely a worthy cause. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/10/19 12:29 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
That is a great story C.

Happy you shared it with us.
4/10/19 12:18 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
We went to ECBC with Ken Hudson. Fine fellow from what I recall.

The Home for Children is certainly a worthy cause. Thanks for sharing, Cojak!
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/10/19 9:18 pm

Post Cojak
This was really so good, I have prepared a blog entry which I plan to share on FB.

Terry told of the 15 cents weekly allowance they received and that they were taught to tithe. paying 1 cent one week and two cents the next to make up for the 1/2 cent. Ted said that the tithe was so important that even when he was away from the Lord as an adult he still tithed to a local COG.

Terry said she could hardly wait to volunteer for the cafeteria because the allowance went up to 25 cents. Then the tithe was 2 and then 3 cents.

We at East Belmont are not the church we were, but under Brother Peterson we are fighting back. I was told tonight the total offering last night was over $700. That took the gift to the Home to $4700+ from our little seniors group.

God is good and His blessings continue. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/10/19 10:48 pm

Post georgiapath
You can't out give God. Y'all did good. Acts-dicted
4/13/19 1:16 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic