Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Can you name one thing the dem platform stands for

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Can you name one thing the dem platform stands for caseyleejones
that has a root in a biblical virtue?

My first thought is...they say want to help the poor....but, do they really want to help the poor or are the poor a means to an end? I noticed that many dems in high positions do little to help the poor but want others to do it. Our dealings with the local food pantry suggest those non-dems do the most.

The next would be to help refugees.....but none of the dems would open their doors or their home to any....

So, I'm back to thinking there isn't one thing.
Acts-perienced Poster
3/10/19 12:31 pm

Post Re: Can you name one thing the dem platform stands for diakoneo
caseyleejones wrote:

So, I'm back to thinking there isn't one thing.

And you are correct!!

... however it seems the Republican party can be hypocritical in terms of their own platform. The platform itself plays to Christian conservative but the things on the platform that are there to woo Christians are just given lip service. Meanwhile the Democrats are working doubletime making sure as much of their platform gets done as humanly possible. Guess which one is doing best on their platform???
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/10/19 10:33 pm

Post UncleJD
The whole "giving to the poor" thing is vastly overblown on the dems' side (and yes, its the ONLY thing they can pretend is "Christian" about their platform). It was made clear, in the 2016 election as I recall, which party's candidates were the real givers. I think the GOP candidates were around 10 to 1 in their personal charitable giving. The problem with Dems is they are VERY charitable, with everyone else's money. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/11/19 12:30 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic