Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Altar Calls
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post In some church circles, maqqebet
in day and place of Rees Howells and George Mueller, they would take "seekers" off to another location. Mueller and associate made appointments for "seekers" or "inquirers."
"Who is like you, Adonai, among the mighty?" (Exodus 15:11, CJB)
Acts Enthusiast
2/22/19 12:45 pm

Post Re: Altar Calls Link
I see altar calls a lot.

I see altar calls as 'a way some churches do things.' The important things are things like people getting saved and having opportunities to pray for one another. Some churches might pray for each other in cell groups.

I've heard preaching on how important the altar is. But in the Bible, the altar is either a big table used as a barbecue pit for sacrifice or the table they burned incense all (not counting the pagan altars.)

The Roman Catholics called their raised table for communion-- and they saw the bread and wine as a sacrifice-- an 'altar.' Certain Protestant groups had prayer benches near the same part of the sanctuary and started calling that an 'altar.' Pentecostals often have steps leading up to a stage instead of the padded benches and call that an 'altar.'

And we don't have any evidence that they had church services like ours where people had to be called up to the front of the meeting for prayer the way we do it.

That's how I think about things. But it is very important that we pray for one another, no matter how we 'package' it.
2/25/19 12:25 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic