Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

This caught me off-guard.....

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post This caught me off-guard..... Resident Skeptic
….but I am humbled to have even been considered, and thank God for helping me through many challenges to get here.

A letter from the Chairman of the SAGU/Harrison Graduate School history department...

Quote:
It is a pleasure to extend to you an invitation to become a part of the Alpha Iota Nu Chapter of Phi Alpha Theta, one of the strongest college and university honor societies. Since its inauguration, Phi Alpha Theta has grown to more than seven hundred chapters in fifty states. It has the distinction of having more chapters than any other accredited honor society, holding one of the earliest memberships in the Association of College Honor Societies.

We are a professional society whose mission is to promote the study of history through the encouragement of research, good teaching, publication, and the exchange of learning. We seek to bring students, teachers, and writers of history together for intellectual and social exchanges.

Only students who have completed twelve semester hours in history, with a 3.1 GPA and 3.0 overall are eligible. Students must also rank in the top thirty-five percent of the class.

There is a one-time membership fee of $50, which includes lifetime membership, and one year of The Historian, the Phi Alpha Theta history journal. You may make out the check to SAGU and send it along with the attached form to me by February 10, 2019. We will send a single check to the National Office. An induction ceremony will be scheduled for later in the semester.

2/1/19 10:02 am

Post UncleJD
Congratulations RS! SAGU is an important part of my home town, we are blessed to have it here and I love hearing good things happening with folks going there! Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/1/19 12:15 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic