Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I WAS WRONG: PREDICTION: Game, Set, Match to Trump on Wall

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I WAS WRONG: PREDICTION: Game, Set, Match to Trump on Wall Aaron Scott
Plenty of folks were blaming Trump for the shutdown, etc. But today he showed the world that he is willing to negotiate...but the Democrats aren't.

I am estimating that withing the week (or perhaps 10 days), the Dems will deal. The final deal may or may not be what Trump offered today, but it will be significantly in his favor (we all know that a master negotiator is going to start high, giving himself some bottom for dealing).

Thoughts?

It seems certain to me that most of the political pain of the shutdown had already been endured. People EXPECT Trump to be stubborn, but I don't think they expected the same from the Democrats.

Trump could/should have played it as "Folks, I am inviting them to negotiate, but they refuse. It's on them." At the same time, the newly emboldened Democrats have already shown that they will gladly burn down the world to please THEIR base.

Trump has to find a way to eviscerate their political power. Otherwise, we will have the sword of Democrates hanging over us (see what I did there?).

Last edited by Aaron Scott on 1/26/19 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/19/19 7:32 pm

Post Cojak
I certainly hope that some good comes from it, not sure the dems are ready to show any give yet. I hope soon this 'situation' is soon behind and we can go on to the NEXT cross roads..... Embarassed Or apparent dead end. Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/19/19 7:42 pm

Post UncleJD
It will take extreme pressure within their party to change the dems' minds. They have had 20+ years of lessons from the Republicans on the fact that Republicans ALWAYS give in first. No need for them to budge an inch. As both parties dig in, it will be the one that actually cares about anyone's well being, the Republicans, that will give in. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/21/19 12:00 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic