Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Dave Dorsey Sayonara thread locked - why?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Dave Dorsey Sayonara thread locked - why? Nature Boy Florida
Can't we say happy trails to him?
1/19/19 6:02 pm

Post As an admin I assume it was his choice roughridercog
But you can still PM him
1/19/19 6:24 pm

Post Cojak
I will miss DD. Certainly we did not agree at times, but to me he was the Christian gentleman. I will miss him.
Personally I can't think of anyone who Left the forum that I was glad to see them go, certainly not DD!
God Speed my friend and may he richly bless you. Yeah, you gotta read this. Smile Cool Cool Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/19/19 7:28 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave has shared some incredible wisdom in the past on enduring emotionally through prolonged trials. Those insights were a tremendous blessing to me.

My disagreement with Dave stems from his idea as to what constitutes "racism". I feel his view unfairly condemns people who are not racists. Several people tried to reason with him and he would not open his mind. This seems to have been what finally drove him away.

I truly wish him well.
1/19/19 9:14 pm

Post I guess i'm sorry DD is gone Dunamis007
But....I think his banning of several people caused people like otcp to leave and his attitude regarding the supernatural and other viewpoints have contributed to the lessening of strong discussion on this board. It definitely is not what it used to be when Bonnie, OTCP, Brotherjames, MS777 and many others frequented here. Just my 2 cents. Go back and look at some of the feature discussions and you will see what i mean. Member
1/19/19 10:13 pm

Post Cojak
I do not know how to express this, but as a lurker in the more intense discussions, I thought DD gave about as good as he got. Many people, had they been in DD position, would have banned themselves. LOL

We do not need to lose anyone here on Acts. You guys have enlightened me on many subjects. I hope DD comes back with VIGOR.
Of course at my age I ain't gonna be around much longer anyway, but from the pew, I can see where COG preachers especially, need a place to let their feelings be heard.

I am nobody, but I am friends of people in the COG who are and have been 'somebody' up to and including the General. That ONLY because I was a PK and these people stayed in our home. Two or three General overseers have stopped by and my mama fed them pinto beans and cornbread.

I said that only to say I know the head of Missions and two assistants look in on Acts during their busy schedule. (5-6 years ago) At that time they definitely wanted to know what pastors and preachers thought of what was being administered.

So this site does some good, and the input can make a difference. That is why I hate to see ANYONE drop out. We (I) need the input, it keeps me a little active. LOL
That all said, I will miss old DD! Crying or Very sad
1/20/19 11:00 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
DD ripped into me several times - some deserved - some not - but I still want him to stick around.

So I say it anyway: Happy Trails.
1/21/19 8:35 am

Post Bye bye spartanfan
I just wanted to say bye bye to DD Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
1/21/19 9:16 am

Post UncleJD
sorry to hear DD is gone. That strikes a huge blow to the discussions here. I agree with him about 50% of the time so that makes him a good debater in my view. I'll miss him greatly Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/21/19 12:07 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Okay. You guys have talked me out of it. I hope you don't regret your kind words in this thread. Laughing

Seriously, though... thank you so much for the encouragement here. It has really meant a lot to me, and thank you to the folks who expressed the same in PMs.

I'm going to try to tone it down a little (ok, a lot), and stick around, probably a little infrequently for now. I'm also likely going to step down as an admin so I can just enjoy Acts as a normal poster.

But, anyway... thanks again. I really, really appreciate the encouragement. Not sure how quick I'll be back around, but I will be back around.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/21/19 2:16 pm

Post Preacher777
I am glad you came back Dave. Friendly Face
1/21/19 3:00 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Welcome back.

I will be sure to post something soon that you can rip me for - and we can get back to normal.
1/21/19 4:12 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Welcome back.

I will be sure to post something soon that you can rip me for - and we can get back to normal.

Maybe I want to pursue a new normal. Instead of that, why don't we hold hands and sing kumbaya?

Or at least, a good side-arm Christian bro hug.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/21/19 4:18 pm

Post Cojak
[quote="Dave Dorsey"]
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Welcome back.

Maybe I want to pursue a new normal. Instead of that, why don't we hold hands and sing kumbaya?

Or at least, a good side-arm Christian bro hug.[/quote]

Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up
1/21/19 5:39 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic