Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The GOP offers another lamb on the PC altar (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post The GOP offers another lamb on the PC altar (L) Resident Skeptic
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/01/rep-steve-king-releases-statement-debunks-new-york-times-report-and-outrageous-accusations-of-racism/
1/15/19 6:03 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Yeah, no.

There's a chance King misspoke here like he said. However, given the fact that it took him a week to come up with this excuse, and given his very long history of similar types of statements, he does not deserve the benefit of the doubt.

King is an obvious racist and white supremacist. Find better people to defend.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/15/19 6:20 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Yeah, no.

There's a chance King misspoke here like he said. However, given the fact that it took him a week to come up with this excuse, and given his very long history of similar types of statements, he does not deserve the benefit of the doubt.

You are the problem, Dave. How do you call yourself a Christian and NOT give people the benefit of the doubt, particularly when there is nothing in their life that points to them being a racist? You scare me, sir.
1/15/19 6:41 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
particularly when there is nothing in their life that points to them being a racist?

I assume this statement is the result of lack of knowledge/research on your part (rather than willing blindness). I would gently suggest doing a little research on King's very long history of "misspeaking" on this topic and his very long history of public association with people who are out and proud white nationalists/supremacists.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/15/19 6:46 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Here's a place you can start: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/15/us/politics/steve-king-offensive-quotes.html

In these quotes you will see, again and again, a direct association between the survival of western civilization and the white purity of western civilization. It is "mixing" and "somebody else's babies" that are threatening the west. It is "demographic transformation" that must be avoided if "our civilization" is to be restored.

Honest to goodness -- I suspect you won't find anything on this page very disagreeable, except for King's public association with neo-Nazis. But I'm very much hoping you will prove me wrong.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/15/19 6:55 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Here's a place you can start: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/15/us/politics/steve-king-offensive-quotes.html

In these quotes you will see, again and again, a direct association between the survival of western civilization and the white purity of western civilization. It is "mixing" and "somebody else's babies" that are threatening the west. It is "demographic transformation" that must be avoided if "our civilization" is to be restored.

Honest to goodness -- I suspect you won't find anything on this page very disagreeable, except for King's public association with neo-Nazis. But I'm very much hoping you will prove me wrong.

There was no public association with "neo-Nazis", for crying out loud.

I'm going to paste all of King's "racist remarks" for the Actscelerate community to behold.

Quote:
Mr. King, in the Iowa State Senate, files a bill requiring schools teach that the United States “is the unchallenged greatest nation in the world and that it has derived its strength from … Christianity, free enterprise capitalism and Western civilization.”
Mr. King is the chief sponsor of a law making English the official language of Iowa.

Now in Congress, Mr. King introduces the English Language Unity Act, a bill to make English the official language of the United States.
Mr. King sues the Iowa Secretary of State for posting voting information on an official website in Spanish, Laotian, Bosnian and Vietnamese.
Editors’ Picks

In 2006, Mr. King spoke during a rally near Palominas, Ariz., to advocate a fence along the United States border with Mexico.
Credit
Khampha Bouaphanh/Associated Press

In 2006, Mr. King spoke during a rally near Palominas, Ariz., to advocate a fence along the United States border with Mexico.
Credit
Khampha Bouaphanh/Associated Press

At a rally in Las Vegas, Mr. King calls the deaths of Americans at the hands of undocumented immigrants “a slow-motion Holocaust.” He claims that 25 Americans die daily because of undocumented immigrants, an unsupported and illogical leap from government statistics, which years later influences talking points by President Trump.

On the House floor, Mr. King demonstrates a model of a 12-foot concrete border wall topped with electrified wire that he designed: “We need to do a few other things on top of that wall, and one of them being to put a little bit of wire on top here to provide a disincentive for people to climb over the top or put a ladder there. We could also electrify this wire … We do that with livestock all the time.”

Mr. King on the House floor, speaking of how law enforcement officers can spot undocumented immigrants:
What kind of clothes people wear … what kind of shoes people wear, what kind of accent they have … sometimes it’s just a sixth sense they can’t put their finger on.

Mr. King in a speech opposing the Affordable Care Act’s mandate to cover contraception:
Preventing babies being born is not medicine. That’s not constructive to our culture and our civilization. If we let our birthrate get down below the replacement rate, we’re a dying civilization.

Mr. King has rallied against contraception coverage, saying that birth control is “not constructive to our culture and our civilization.”

On a panel at the Conservative Political Action Conference with Peter Brimelow, an open white nationalist, Mr. King referred to multiculturalism as:
A tool for the Left to subdivide a culture and civilization into our own little ethnic enclaves and pit us against each other.

Mr. King on why he opposes legal status for Dreamers, who were brought into the country as children:
For everyone who’s a valedictorian, there’s another 100 out there that weigh 130 pounds and they’ve got calves the size of cantaloupes because they’re hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert. Those people would be legalized with the same act.

Mr. King invites the far-right, anti-Islam Dutch politician Geert Wilders to Washington and appears with him at the Capitol. Mr. Wilders has called Islam “not a religion,” said the Quran was “worse than Mein Kampf,” and called for the closing of mosques.
Mr. King tweets a selfie with Mr. Wilders in front of a portrait of Winston Churchill. Mr. Wilders praises Mr. King for having “the guts to speak out.”

Churchill looks over the shoulder of the world's leading voice against Jihad, Dutch MP Geert Wilders. @SpeakerBoehner pic.twitter.com/WaWyGHyWtW
— Steve King (@SteveKingIA) March 13, 2015

At the Republican National Convention in July, Mr. King claims that nonwhite groups haven’t contributed as much as whites to civilization: “This whole business does get a little tired. I would ask you to go back through history and figure out where are these contributions that have been made by these other categories of people you are talking about. Where did any other subgroup of people contribute more to civilization?”

Mr. King to The Washington Post days later: “The idea of multiculturalism, that every culture is equal — that’s not objectively true … We’ve been fed that information for the past 25 years, and we’re not going to become a greater nation if we continue to do that.”

In a tweet during a meeting in Amsterdam with Mr. Wilders and Frauke Petry, the leader of Germany’s far-right Alternative for Germany party, Mr. King says, “Cultural suicide by demographic transformation must end.”
In October, Marine Le Pen, the leader of France’s far-right party, tweets a picture of her meeting with Mr. King, the first elected American official to meet her.

Échanges très intéressants avec @SteveKingIA, membre du Congrès américain, au sujet de la France, de l'UE et des affaires internationales. pic.twitter.com/sQMEAqL8Y9
— Marine Le Pen (@MLP_officiel) October 3, 2016

Also in October, Mr. King meets in Austria with leaders of the far-right Freedom Party, including Heinz-Christian Strache and Norbert Hofer. The party was founded in the 1950s by former Nazis.
“Wilders understands that culture and demographics are our destiny. We can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies,” Mr. King tweets in his endorsement of Mr. Wilders in Dutch elections.

On March 14, Mr. King defends the tweet on Breitbart radio: “We’re watching as Western civilization is shrinking in the face of the massive, epic migration that is pouring into Europe. That’s the core of that tweet. They’re importing a different culture, a different civilization — and that culture and civilization, the imported one, rejects the host culture. And so they are supplanting Western civilization with Middle Eastern civilization and I say, and Geert Wilders says, Western civilization is a superior civilization — it is the first world.”

On Iowa talk radio, Mr. King recommends “The Camp of the Saints,” a racist 1973 novel about an invasion of Europe by nonwhite immigrants.
Mr. King tweets agreement with Viktor Orban, Hungary’s authoritarian leader: “Mixing cultures will not lead to a higher quality of life but a lower one.”

Mr. King says he does not want Somali Muslims working in meatpacking plants in Iowa: “I don’t want people doing my pork that won’t eat it, let alone hope I go to hell for eating pork chops.”

Asked by a reporter for HuffPost if he is a white nationalist or white supremacist, Mr. King responds: “I don’t answer those questions. I say to people that use those kind of allegations: Use those words a million times, because you’re reducing the value of them every time, and many of the people that use those words and make those allegations and ask those questions can’t even define the words they’re using.”

In an interview with a web publication in Austria, unzensuriert.at, which is linked to the far-right Freedom Party, Mr. King again praises the novel “Camp of the Saints”: “This narrative should be imprinted into everyone’s brain. When you are importing people, even importing one single person, you are importing their culture.”

In the same interview, Mr. King demonstrates familiarity with the “Great Replacement” conspiracy theory, also known as “white genocide,” which posits that an international elite, including prominent Jews like George Soros, are plotting to make white populations minorities in Europe and North America. “Great replacement, yes,” Mr. King says. “These people walking into Europe by ethnic migration, 80 percent are young men. They are somebody else’s babies.”

Mr. King endorses a Toronto mayoral candidate, Faith Goldy, who had recited the “14 words” used by neo-Nazis and gave an interview to a podcast for the neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer.

The Anti-Defamation League writes to Speaker Paul D. Ryan calling for the censure of Mr. King for endorsing Ms. Goldy. The group also notes that the Austrian Freedom Party is “riddled with anti-Semitism and Holocaust trivialization.”

Representative Steve Stivers, chairman of the Republican House election committee, condemns Mr. King in a tweet: “We must stand up against white supremacy and hate in all forms, and I strongly condemn this behavior.”

Asked on Oct. 21 on WHO-TV in Iowa, “What is a white nationalist?” Mr. King answers: “First of all, I think you have to be white, but then we’ve got Rachel Dolezal who didn’t have to be black to be black. It is a derogatory term today. I wouldn’t have thought so maybe a year or two or three ago. But today they use it as a derogatory term and they imply you are a racist. That’s the bottom line for that.”

Dave, some of us actually do see a blatant attack on western civilization and an attempt to single out people of European descent for alienation and disenfranchisement. Pointing out these trends does not constitute "racism". Sadly, you have bought into a smear campaign by people who have changed the very definition of the word "racism".

King has done NOTHING to promote the idea that the white race is inherently superior to other races. You should stop claiming that he has.
1/15/19 9:13 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Birds of a feather. Confused [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/15/19 9:24 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Birds of a feather. Confused

Yes, birds of a feather like Nyger Innis, Walter E. Williams and Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 1/15/19 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
1/15/19 10:39 am

Post Resident is absolutely right.... Aaron Scott
Before I read this part of the thread, I had already read the NYT article and was STUNNED that these things are somehow considered racist and wrong. That means that many of US, to hear others tell it, are racists! I actually wrote a response denouncing the NYT for this (and I tend to have an overall positive view of the NYT, even if I don't always like their politics).

No, I'm not. I don't like stupidity no matter what color it's dressed in. I don't like hatred no matter what box it checks on "race."

All civilizations have beauty and wisdom, and they have all contributed in some way to the betterment of the world, I suppose. But Western Civilization, despite its darker chapters and moral failings, STILL stands head and shoulders above the rest.

Yes, we are thankful that Islam preserved Aristotle's philosophy during the Dark Ages.

Yes, the Far East gave us Confucius and Buddha, both of which had wisdom to offer.

But the WEST, after a slow start, gave us the greatest advances in government, scholarship, philosophy, religion, science, etc. It's perfectly justifiable--even if others may debate it--to say that the West is the greatest civilization.

I just don't get how the left and the right can speak so different of languages that we cannot even interpret the same set of facts the same way.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/15/19 12:15 pm

Post Re: Resident is absolutely right.... Dave Dorsey
Aaron Scott wrote:
But the WEST, after a slow start, gave us the greatest advances in government, scholarship, philosophy, religion, science, etc. It's perfectly justifiable--even if others may debate it--to say that the West is the greatest civilization.

Sure, there's nothing wrong with that.

When someone connects the "survival" of that civilization to making sure it stays sufficiently white, though, that's white supremacy.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/15/19 12:30 pm

Post Re: Resident is absolutely right.... Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:

Sure, there's nothing wrong with that.

When someone connects the "survival" of that civilization to making sure it stays sufficiently white, though, that's white supremacy.

Right now there are howls of protests about Tibet being overrun with Chinese colonists, who are supplanting and replacing native Tibetans.

Why does this principle not apply to the nations of Europe? How do Poland, France, and Germany maintain their unique cultural identities unless they drastically restrict immigration from other countries (even other European countries)?

As for America, King is not afraid to point out the left's obsession with replacing white people. It is the left who is focused on a particular race of Americans. Yet, you attack the one pointing out the left's policies.
1/15/19 1:32 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
So what I hear you saying is that you're not a white supremacist, you just think America is in danger if it becomes less white and more brown. Do I have that right? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/15/19 3:46 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
I don't take any issue with the claim that western civilization is great. I agree. Nor do I take issue with the suggestion that people coming to the US should share the values and ideals that made the US great.

But how do you declare those values and ideals as being uniquely white and not think you're a white supremacist? Confused Confused
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/15/19 3:55 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
So what I hear you saying is that you're not a white supremacist, you just think America is in danger if it becomes less white and more brown. Do I have that right?

Actually, Hispanics are white by law. Sadly, they are easily manipulated by leftist and are seen as being a good replacement for the largest American demographic, which happen to be non-Hispanic whites, where most conservatism exists. Ask the left. This is all they dwell on. But let King point this out and people like you are out for blood.
1/15/19 4:57 pm

Post Cojak
I want to say this, and I an not debating, just stating I must be very ignorant, or a racist or what ever, but many of those statements I see no COLOR in them. As a matter of fact THINK I am very malleable. many of the statements quoted I am scatching my head and cannot see undermining prejudice.

This stuff makes me sick, If one does not know good folk who would make or agree with many statements listed, we definitely travel in different worlds.

About ENGLISH, it should be the official language in the USA. WE need to be one country not a place divided, i.e. Canada that has a providence that wants out of the union, that even on their auto tags state they are sovereign.

Not that everyone should immediately be required to speak English but should be encouraged to blend in. I appreciate bi lingual people, I wish I was. But we need an official language.

JMO Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/15/19 9:21 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
So what I hear you saying is that you're not a white supremacist, you just think America is in danger if it becomes less white and more brown. Do I have that right?

With this response you neglected to comment on my point concerning Europe..

Quote:
Right now there are howls of protests about Tibet being overrun with Chinese colonists, who are supplanting and replacing native Tibetans.

Why does this principle not apply to the nations of Europe? How do Poland, France, and Germany maintain their unique cultural identities unless they drastically restrict immigration from other countries (even other European countries)?

1/16/19 8:58 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Yeah, no.

You are the problem, Dave. How do you call yourself a Christian and NOT give people the benefit of the doubt, particularly when there is nothing in their life that points to them being a racist? You scare me, sir.

It happens EVERY time. You always go personal. Can you not debate without going personal?
Acts-pert Poster
1/16/19 4:23 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Yeah, no.

It happens EVERY time. You always go personal. Can you not debate without going personal?

It's not personal. When one is publicly accusing another of racism and summarily dismissing any clarification the accused might offer, that is not being Christlike.
1/16/19 4:56 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic