Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Preacher dies, leaves large debt. Sons may be taken away.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Preacher dies, leaves large debt. Sons may be taken away. doyle
In II Kings Chapter Four, the Prophet Elisha performs FIVE miracles:

1. Fills pots with oil to help a prophet's wife pay off debts.
2. Promises an old woman a son. Promise comes true a year later.
3. When the boy died, Elisha raised him from the dead.
4. Took the poison out of a meal cooked in a pot.
5. Fed a hundred men with a small amount of bread; some left over.

Doyle
writedoyle@gmail.com
404-933-1373
1/14/19 12:17 pm

Post Re: Preacher dies, leaves large debt. Sons may be taken away. FLRon
doyle wrote:
In II Kings Chapter Four, the Prophet Elisha performs FIVE miracles:

1. Fills pots with oil to help a prophet's wife pay off debts.
2. Promises an old woman a son. Promise comes true a year later.
3. When the boy died, Elisha raised him from the dead.
4. Took the poison out of a meal cooked in a pot.
5. Fed a hundred men with a small amount of bread; some left over.

Doyle
writedoyle@gmail.com
404-933-1373

I’m guessing Elisha wasn’t spending all his time fretting over government shutdowns, border issues, illegal immigrants, politics, blood moons, the latest church fads, or what’s for breakfast. That happens when you’re too busy actually doing ministry.
1/16/19 9:02 am

Post Re: Preacher dies, leaves large debt. Sons may be taken away. Dave Dorsey
FLRon wrote:
I’m guessing Elisha wasn’t spending all his time fretting over government shutdowns, border issues, illegal immigrants, politics, blood moons, the latest church fads, or what’s for breakfast. That happens when you’re too busy actually doing ministry.

Wow, sorry, didn't realize ministers and Christians weren't allowed to fellowship and communicate with each other.

How many hours did you spend doing ministry yesterday?

Would you please give an account for every waking moment you didn't spend doing ministry yesterday?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/16/19 9:08 am

Post Re: Preacher dies, leaves large debt. Sons may be taken away. UncleJD
... Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/16/19 9:31 am

Post Re: Preacher dies, leaves large debt. Sons may be taken away. Cojak
UncleJD wrote:

Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/17/19 1:01 am

Post Re: Preacher dies, leaves large debt. Sons may be taken away. FLRon
Dave Dorsey wrote:
FLRon wrote:

Wow, sorry, didn't realize ministers and Christians weren't allowed to fellowship and communicate with each other.

How many hours did you spend doing ministry yesterday?

Would you please give an account for every waking moment you didn't spend doing ministry yesterday?

I apologize Mr.Dorsey that my tongue in cheek response has ruffled your feathers. And I mean that sincerely, so I do hope you accept my humble apology. I meant no offense as I was merely taking what I thought was a ‘non confrontational’ shot at all the back and forth taking place, or what you refer to as “fellowship and communication”. Sort of what the “accepted regulars” here do on a frequent basis.

To answer your question as to what type of ministry I did with my every waking moment on the day in question: I must confess that the day in question was a slow day for me. Aside from several hours of sermon prep, studying the Word, and not nearly enough time in prayer(although I did manage some quality time alone with God), I did manage to offer encouragement to several people who were discouraged in their walk with the Lord. Took a bit of time, but who’s counting?

At their request, I also was privileged to lay hands on 4 or 5 more people(I apologize for the inaccurate total as I truly don’t recall the exact number) and pray with them about their specific needs. I also spent about an hour in private worship, just me, Jesus, and my guitar, but I doubt you would count that as ministry, so neither will I.

I won’t count the hours I spent in researching material for my ministry blog and then putting a blog post together, nor will I count the time I spent answering responses to said blog, even though I do attempt to minister to people through my blog. Judging by the number of followers to my blog and the comments I receive about how much it ministers to them, I do consider this as time spent doing ministry.

So, as I admitted earlier, it was a slow day. I trust that the Lord was able to use you in far more fruitful and productive manner. If that is the case, I would be grateful if you would consider saying a quick prayer that I can do better. And believe it or not, I am sincere in saying that.

Have a blessed day Mr. Dorsey.

Ron
1/17/19 12:03 pm

Post Dear FLRon JimmieDavis
Don’t worry about ruffling Dave’s feathers. It’s called conviction that he’s feeling.. He actually spends a lot of time doing nothing on this and other media outlets trying be the internet police. He knows it all. Rebukes it all. Questions it all. he’s pretty much a legend in his own mind. Let him be. He’s doesn’t have much happening. Friendly Face
1/18/19 8:17 pm

Post Re: Preacher dies, leaves large debt. Sons may be taken away. Dave Dorsey
FLRon wrote:
And believe it or not, I am sincere in saying that.

I'll have to take your word for it. Text doesn't provide much context or many social cues for evaluating such things, so we're left having to take each other's word for it.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/18/19 9:26 pm

Post Re: Dear FLRon Dave Dorsey
JimmieDavis wrote:
Don’t worry about ruffling Dave’s feathers. It’s called conviction that he’s feeling.. He actually spends a lot of time doing nothing on this and other media outlets trying be the internet police. He knows it all. Rebukes it all. Questions it all. he’s pretty much a legend in his own mind. Let him be. He’s doesn’t have much happening.

Jimmie, you've overstayed your welcome here. Good day.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/18/19 9:30 pm

Post FLRon: I enjoyed your response. doyle
Enjoyed your words, "Elisha wasn’t spending all his time fretting over government shutdowns, border issues, illegal immigrants, politics, blood moons, the latest church fads, or what’s for breakfast."

Doyle
writedoyle@gmail.com
404-933-1373
1/31/19 7:12 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic