Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Pastor loses job because of church sign

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Pastor loses job because of church sign doyle
https://www.dailywire.com/news/42112/pastor-loses-job-after-church-sign-stating-frank-camp
1/14/19 11:39 am

Post UncleJD
Not sure which branch of Presbyterian this is, but its probably the apostate one. If so, the real surprise is that there was one pastor left who believed the Bible was God's word. Very sad. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/14/19 1:33 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Brush the dust off your feet and move on.
1/14/19 5:02 pm

Post 2 things buttrfli24
1-The article title is a tad misleading. To say he lost his job, for most people, implies he was fired for his stance. That is not the case. He stated himself that he was not fired. He stepped down in order to protect the unity of the body he pastored and prevent a split and further damage. I guess I'm nitpicking but I think it is deliberately worded that way to be provocative.

2-What did this pastor hope to accomplish by the message on his sign? Sincerely. What do you think he had hoped would come of it?
1/15/19 3:18 pm

Post Re: 2 things Cojak
buttrfli24 wrote:
1-The article title is a tad misleading. To say he lost his job, for most people, implies he was fired for his stance. That is not the case. He stated himself that he was not fired. He stepped down in order to protect the unity of the body he pastored and prevent a split and further damage. I guess I'm nitpicking but I think it is deliberately worded that way to be provocative.

2-What did this pastor hope to accomplish by the message on his sign? Sincerely. What do you think he had hoped would come of it?

I honestly don't think he expected the results. I think he though he was stating what most people thought. Not taking into consideration the verbal nor physical response. Once it started I think he did the right thing by resigning, to keep from splitting a church. I do not like church splits one bit. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/15/19 10:24 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic