Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

American exceptionalism (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post American exceptionalism (L) Dave Dorsey
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/federal-worker-forced-ration-insulin-because-government-shutdown-n958066 [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/15/19 7:59 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Why would the Democrats put everyone in so much pain for 5 billion dollars?
1/15/19 8:21 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Why would the Democrats put everyone in so much pain for 5 billion dollars?

That's a great question.

Politically -- I can understand it. Almost all of the pressure is on the president, polls show people overwhelmingly holding him responsible, etc.

As human beings -- I can't. $5.7b is a rounding error in the federal budget.

The only thing I can surmise is that they think if they give in on this, then Trump (or a future president) will think this is a successful mechanism for getting something over the objection of Congress. But that only works if the American public is in favor of, or at least not particularly opposed to, the issue in question as they are with the wall.

But the same question does apply to Trump and the GOP. Why would they put people in so much pain over $5.7b of border security funding? There are no heroes in this story.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/15/19 8:35 am

Post The wall is about 2020...the dems know it.... caseyleejones
He will lose votes if no wall. The dems don't see it as immoral....just about removing votes. Acts-perienced Poster
1/15/19 8:58 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Lefty Dave created this thread to bask in his moral superiority.
1/15/19 9:23 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Yes, I am so morally superior because I believe there is something inherently wrong with someone rationing a medication they need to stay alive because it has a co-pay of $300 and they're currently being furloughed without pay due to an idiotic conflict in our government for which both parties hold responsibility.

Actually, no, I'm pretty sure being upset about that just requires an extremely basic level of empathy, compassion, and common sense. BTW, I think the free market is the solution to that problem. But I'm still upset that it exists and that doesn't make me morally superior.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/15/19 9:26 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Yes, I am so morally superior because I believe there is something inherently wrong with someone rationing a medication they need to stay alive because it has a co-pay of $300 and they're currently being furloughed without pay due to an idiotic conflict in our government for which both parties hold responsibility.

Actually, no, I'm pretty sure being upset about that just requires an extremely basic level of empathy, compassion, and common sense. BTW, I think the free market is the solution to that problem. But I'm still upset that it exists and that doesn't make me morally superior.

Friday was the first day that these workers missed pay. You seem to gulp the Kool-Aid right down without blinking.
1/15/19 10:37 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Sorry, I can't hear you over the moral superiority I have because I don't think people in the greatest country on earth should have to ration insulin to stay alive. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/15/19 10:38 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Sorry, I can't hear you over the moral superiority I have because I don't think people in the greatest country on earth should have to ration insulin to stay alive.

Again, you simply do not know when you are being played? Or do you? Maybe you too are a player. You do seem to gravitate towards radical leftist publications for your news.
1/15/19 10:43 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic