Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Are you stocking canned goods? (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Are you stocking canned goods? (L) Dave Dorsey
Because according to one source, the Trump administration has (wisely, IMO) started preparing for the possibility of Justice Ginsburg retiring, and if that happens, there will be hell on earth. It will make the Kavanaugh confirmation look like two friends arguing over a call in a football game.

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/01/10/trump-white-house-preparing-possible-departure-justice-ginsburg/
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/10/19 4:24 pm

Post Re: Are you stocking canned goods? (L) UncleJD
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Because according to one source, the Trump administration has (wisely, IMO) started preparing for the possibility of Justice Ginsburg retiring, and if that happens, there will be hell on earth. It will make the Kavanaugh confirmation look like two friends arguing over a call in a football game.

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/01/10/trump-white-house-preparing-possible-departure-justice-ginsburg/

Yes, my canned-goods come in 9mm and 32-caliber casings. I'll probably stock some extra popcorn as well as the entertainment factor should be riveting
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/10/19 4:28 pm

Post UncleJD
BTW, I hope its Amy Coney Barrett. The conservative woman that the left so deeply deserves. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/10/19 4:33 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
UncleJD wrote:
BTW, I hope its Amy Coney Barrett. The conservative woman that the left so deeply deserves.

Barrett is an excellent jurist in my (admittedly amateur) opinion. But putting her in for RBG would be enough to even get me excited about owning the libs.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/10/19 4:35 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Also, if this does happen, RBG's sainthood will be rescinded so quickly your head will spin. There's already rumbling on the left about her being selfish for not retiring during the Obama administration. If Trump winds up replacing her, I think that opinion will go mainstream. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/10/19 4:38 pm

Post UncleJD
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Also, if this does happen, RBG's sainthood will be rescinded so quickly your head will spin. There's already rumbling on the left about her being selfish for not retiring during the Obama administration. If Trump winds up replacing her, I think that opinion will go mainstream.

She suffered from the same delusion as everyone else in her world, that Trump would never be elected, and she could be replaced by a liberal woman president in some glorious left-wing media gala. That is why she has come out politically against Trump (like no justice should ever do). It will be icing on the cake for Trump to replace her with an arch conservative woman.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/10/19 4:57 pm

Post Cojak
No worry here. We keep our motor home stocked, just in case it snows 16" in central Florida!!! Just thinking out loud.

But to JD's comment on Ginsberg's thinking, you are probably correct. I didn't think of that.
Thinking that direction, I would question her opinions on justice, in a political race it is ignorance to hang your hat on a 'sure thing'. There are few such animals. Cool Shucks even the death of the favored candidate can occur. Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/10/19 6:01 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic