Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Spiritual warfare

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Spiritual warfare Nature Boy Florida
In a recent meeting at a holiness COG - the speakers talked a lot regarding that we are in warfare with the devil and with our flesh.

I had this thought.... Do the rest of us talk too little about warfare with our flesh?

Are we ok with the grace of God abounding and us never getting the flesh under subjection through out and out war against it's desires?

This thought challenges me for 2019. Maybe I am the only one that "went to sleep" regarding bringing my flesh under subjection.
Yes - I don't want to become prideful in stopping my flesh from fulfilling it's desires....
No I am not into committing gross morally bankrupt sinning...
but have I let it become too easy to wait for a more convenient day to do something about my fleshly desires (whatever ones remain for a 50 something) - and chalk it up to God's grace being sufficient?
1/7/19 9:30 am

Post I agree with you Nature Boy Preacher777
As I prayed about what to preach in my message yesterday God gave me the subject and title, "Spiritual Warfare." I believe it is very important for us to preach and teach on a regular basis about spirit, soul and body.

I Thessalonians 5:23-24: Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

I had basic Greek but can assure you that anybody who attends our church regularly knows pnuema, psyche and soma spirit, soul and body. I believe we must teach people about the challenge of the constant barrage against our flesh and soulish realm from society, people and the media.
Friendly Face
1/7/19 9:55 am

Post Cojak
I think we must find the 'way that is right' with out getting lost in 'that list of sins of the flesh we used to have.'
But then we end up 'waiting for a more convenient time' as NBF mentioned. it is a tough call for 'WE HOLINESS' folk who are tied to both church worlds, the strict past and the liberal present.

Church worlds at times get lost or displaced from the actual scripture. Shocked Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/7/19 10:12 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic