Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Policy failures with Trump....Krista and others...step in...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: God has used all kinds of people both good & bad Dave Dorsey
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
It can be said that God allows evil men to rule because of man’s choice to reject the authority of God. ... By rejecting God’s rule, mankind has assumed a responsibility for itself that it cannot handle. Man was originally made to govern the earth; in man’s broken state of sin, God brings order to our rebellion by appointing world leaders that seem to come & go based on God's timeline.

I'm not sure you intended it, but this is IMO an excellent summation of the current presidency and the political idolatry among evangelicals that God used to bring this president into power.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/5/19 8:05 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Quote:
Did you feel the same way when Obama was in office, that he was God’s man in the Oval Office?

Also, if we had a monarchy, that verse might be applicable.

The true answer is yes I did.
I never said a word on this talk board or any other in a blatant condemnation of Mr. Obama, whom I didn't care for by the way.
I believe God chose him & I accepted it even though I didn't vote for him.
There are true visceral feelings by 'Christians & Pastors' on this talk board & some have said awfully hateful things about the president with no regards to respect for the office.

To the monarchy comment, we all know that at the time of the writings the word, 'president' wasn't being used.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/5/19 8:05 pm

Post Re: God has used all kinds of people both good & bad Dean Steenburgh
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
It can be said that God allows evil men to rule because of man’s choice to reject the authority of God. ... By rejecting God’s rule, mankind has assumed a responsibility for itself that it cannot handle. Man was originally made to govern the earth; in man’s broken state of sin, God brings order to our rebellion by appointing world leaders that seem to come & go based on God's timeline.

I'm not sure you intended it, but this is IMO an excellent summation of the current presidency and the political idolatry among evangelicals that God used to bring this president into power.

I'm not even saying I'm his biggest fan, I didn't vote for him before the primaries but I think God has a plan for him being in office ...even if it goes against us lol.

What are you focused on?
1/5/19 8:07 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
So in your view, the POTUS is equivalent to a king. Is that what you believe? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/5/19 8:08 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Dean,

I could have missed it, but I really don’t recall you ever standing up for Obama and defending him against his critics like you do for Trump.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/5/19 8:09 pm

Post krista
Sorry Resident about the typo. That was bad on my part Sorry Golf Cart Mafia Capo
1/5/19 8:10 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
So in your view, the POTUS is equivalent to a king. Is that what you believe?

No Q & I think you know what I mean.
He is voted in by our current electoral college & we accept the outcome for at least 4 years.
I don't think God is just setting on the sidelines letting America go it's silly way w/out His will being performed.
The word says He appoints ...& I beiieve He appoints world leaders for all people, based on His own timeline & His master calendar.
God didn't see the results in November 2016 & say, 'didn't see that coming.'

What are you focused on?
1/5/19 8:13 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I will agree that he is “God’s man” in the same sense that any political leader is in some sense placed there by the hand of God. God gives nations the kind of leader they deserve at that point. My, how far we have fallen as a nation, when God sees fit to place such a thoroughly despicable human being in office. He gives those who reject Him what they want, of course—a reprobate mind.

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 1/5/19 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/5/19 8:14 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Dean,

I could have missed it, but I really don’t recall you ever standing up for Obama and defending him against his critics like you do for Trump.

I didn't go out of my way to defend him but I didn't attack him either.
He was the POTUS & there was nothing I could say that would change that.

What are you focused on?
1/5/19 8:15 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
krista wrote:
Sorry Resident about the typo. That was bad on my part Sorry

Thank you. I will return to calling you Krista. Now we can fight each other in peace. Wink
1/5/19 8:16 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I will agree that he is “God’s man” in the same sense that any political leader is in some sense placed there by the hand of God. God gives nations the kind of leader they deserve at that point. My, how far we have fallen as a nation,’when God sees fit to place such a thoroughly despicable human being in office. He gives those who reject Him what they want, or coure—a reprobate mind.

To a certain degree I can't argue that point but I for one do see some redeeming qualities in Mr. Trump & I hold out hope he will embrace the will of God.

What are you focused on?
1/5/19 8:17 pm

Post krista
Resident Skeptic wrote:
krista wrote:

Thank you. I will return to calling you Krista. Now we can fight each other in peace. Wink

Resident, I offer an olive branch. Can we agree that we can disagree. And us both be more civil toward each other? This whole Trump thing is kind of pointless. You have a very strong opinion that I realize I will not change. And I have an opinion that you will not change. And that’s ok.
All this going back and forth is drawing out the worst in us. So let’s both just cool our jets. I lay down my sword with you.
Krista
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
1/5/19 8:50 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
krista wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
krista wrote:

Resident, I offer an olive branch. Can we agree that we can disagree. And us both be more civil toward each other? This whole Trump thing is kind of pointless. You have a very strong opinion that I realize I will not change. And I have an opinion that you will not change. And that’s ok.
All this going back and forth is drawing out the worst in us. So let’s both just cool our jets. I lay down my sword with you.
Krista

Absolutely. If I can get along with my liberal friends (and I do not think you are a liberal), then certainly Christians should agree to disagree.
1/6/19 7:33 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic