Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Policy failures with Trump....Krista and others...step in...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Policy failures with Trump....Krista and others...step in... caseyleejones
This is not a gotcha for anyone. What were you expecting that would make him a failure? No argument here. I understand the healthcare issue died.

What policies or lack thereof has made him a failure?
Acts-perienced Poster
1/4/19 11:09 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Domestic -- aside from trade and tariffs -- I don't think I have too many policy objections. I'm disgusted by family separation and some other items related to immigration, but in fairness to Trump, most of that was pretty awful before he got there and he just hasn't done anything to change it.

Foreign policy is where the president is, IMO, an incredible failure and an extraordinary danger. North Korea is playing him like a fool, Russia and Iran are expanding, and from Kim Jong Un to Erdogan to Putin, Trump has never met a murderous autocrat that didn't receive his respect and honor. He has weakened NATO and has demonstrated to allies through his fecklessness that he cannot be trusted or counted upon to not change his mind at a pivotal moment. The world is becoming more dangerous by the day and Trump's lack of leadership and fundamental inability to understand the world is the reason why.

Caveats: Withdrawing from the JCPOA was the lone foreign policy bright spot, and no, Obama wasn't better on foreign policy
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/4/19 11:17 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Domestic -- aside from trade and tariffs -- I don't think I have too many policy objections. I'm disgusted by family separation and some other items related to immigration, but in fairness to Trump, most of that was pretty awful before he got there and he just hasn't done anything to change it.

Foreign policy is where the president is, IMO, an incredible failure and an extraordinary danger. North Korea is playing him like a fool, Russia and Iran are expanding, and from Kim Jong Un to Erdogan to Putin, Trump has never met a murderous autocrat that didn't receive his respect and honor. He has weakened NATO and has demonstrated to allies through his fecklessness that he cannot be trusted or counted upon to not change his mind at a pivotal moment. The world is becoming more dangerous by the day and Trump's lack of leadership and fundamental inability to understand the world is the reason why.

Caveats: Withdrawing from the JCPOA was the lone foreign policy bright spot, and no, Obama wasn't better on foreign policy

Somewhere the Founding Fathers are laughing hysterically.
1/4/19 11:45 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Nearly every war we have fought since the Revolution was unnecessary. Trump is bringing us back to a foreign policy much closer to that of the Founders.
1/4/19 11:53 pm

Post Cojak
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Nearly every war we have fought since the Revolution was unnecessary. Trump is bringing us back to a foreign policy much closer to that of the Founders.

I agree in part, but WWi and WWII were somewhat forced upon us. Of course that is how I see it.
We were sorta sucked into Korea, BUT I think you are on firm ground except for the the senior Bush and Kuwait.

I know some of the hind sight suggestions, and according to some I am sucking on the wrong teat about the World Wars, but I still believe we had no real choice. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/5/19 12:07 am

Post The military-industrial complex that Ike warned us about... Aaron Scott
The military-industrial complex that Ike warned us about has a deeply vested interest in staying at odds with North Korea and Russia. That doesn’t mean there is no validity to their position, but it should mean that we view it with some skepticism. The narrative that Russia and NK are bad and not to be trusted logically leads to eternal stalemate. But with a change, it just might be that NK comes open to the gospel.

When I read Omar Bradley’s autobiography, I was disturbed about how, when they had the Nazis on the run, they had to halt so that Montgomery could have the honor of going in first.

I read of how people would get rotated into commander leadership so they could burnish their resumes, not because they were truly capable. All of this tended to be between the lines, but it was there.

The military will ALWAYS want more. It would be virtually impossible to over-fund the military, according to some of their ways. We cannot be too involved in policing the world, it seems. Trump’s refusal to play like everyone else has opened some doors for us, I think.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/5/19 11:23 am

Post Thanks for the invite.... krista
The problem with these threads is that you have guys like Resident who can't just sit back for a while. He comes in and tries to discredit anyone, any time they make a remark about Trump.
I hold my own opinions about Resident, but it hurt his feelings, so I'll leave that for another time.

I don't think Trump is necessarily a Failure. I just think he is solely the tremendously biggest mistake America has made. Forget about what any of the media say's about him. Every day he opens his big mouth and proves he is.
Let me be clear. I can not stand this the man representing this great nation.
When he berated a greiving Gold Star family, because they disapproved of the travel ban that did it for me. Any other president would have known that that was a time to just let it go. But not Trump.
When he was taped talking about women in the way he did, did it for me.
When he discredits his own FBI and CIA, yet embraces Putin and Kim Jong, that did it for me.
When he alienated our allies and again, embraces Russia and N. Korea, that did it for me.
When he threw paper towels to the people of Porta Rico, that did it for me.
When says he doesn't care about the Federal workers because they are Democrate.
When he does his Rally's, and brags on himself and acts like a stupid buffoon......yeah that did it for me along with 100's of other remarks .
No matter how succesful he may be, does not make it ok that he does those things.
You may like his policies, but there is no way you can watch him talk and be proud " This is my president"!!

Last edited by krista on 1/5/19 8:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
1/5/19 3:21 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Thumb Up Thumb Up krista [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/5/19 4:42 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
The sad thing is, he IS better than Hillary would have been, all things considered. THAT is sad. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/5/19 5:50 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
No amount of debating pros & cons will ever win a popularity vote especially among conservatives or at least among those leaning right of center for you independents.

The opposite of Trump would be Hillary.
If you can somehow justify in your mind that this nation would have been better off with her then the discussion (much less the debate) is over ...period!!!
Does he make stupid remarks? Yes!
Is he a polished politician? No!
Could he be a little less crass? Yes!
Does he know when to enjoy a win? No!
Has he embarrassed himself & us? Yes!

He has some similarities of Pres. Truman & also some of Eisenhower, both of which had numerous obstacles & issues both domestic & foreign.
I think Mr. Trump is helping the FBI to rebuild it's own image - from a friend with the FBI, "Trump is the best thing to hit the 7th floor of the FBI since it's founding!"
I like the fact he keeps world leaders guessing about us.
I remember in the past few years other countries weren't afraid of what we might do if they engage in some sort of nonsense ...with Trump in office they think twice ...I like that part.
A family member from Puerto Rico says the island people were glad to finally have a president who stood up to their famous liberal authorities. The place isn't safe for westerners like it used to be.

I've watched our conservative, mamby-pamby presidents get walked on for years.
I clearly remember how the media & the libs hated Mr. Reagan (our last great POTUS) & I see the exact same thing now except now they have in their corner the hard left Hollyweird types who will go out of their way to vilify the man.
Why go out of your way to make your president look bad? I didn't care for Mr. Obama but I didn't go out of my way to talk bad about him or vilify him.
I don't want to align myself with any liberal who hates Mr. Trump.
God allowed him to be elected as POTUS & only God will allow him to be removed.

The Israelites were not happy with the judges/prophets & wanted a king.
Certain Americans are similar to that theory. You can't even rightly debate this!
Some want a liberal, some want a conservative.
Some want abortion abolished & some want the right to choose.
Many Christians are not single passion voters, they don't care if abortion is ever abolished.
Some people believe every word out of CNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC or even FOX but they won't seek God's word to find an answer, they vote by their feelings, emotions & trends (pocket books).

I do know this much, if America is ever invaded on this soil, most will be hoping that Mr. rump is there to help make tough decisions because based on voting records it looks like every mainstream liberal will lay down & give the farm away.

Like him or not he's our president & he deserves our respect if not for just the office itself.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/5/19 5:55 pm

Post krista
He deserves no respect. After all he has said brings no honor that calls for my respect. He has absolutely no redeeming qualities that call for respect by virtue of his presidency. If he wants respect or you want me to respect him because he is president, then give us something to respect.
He is a terrible individual.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
1/5/19 6:16 pm

Post krista
And BTW, I never said Hillary would be a better president. He has some right policies, but we have the wrong man. Golf Cart Mafia Capo
1/5/19 6:25 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
krista wrote:
He deserves no respect. After all he has said brings no honor that calls for my respect. He has absolutely no redeeming qualities that call for respect by virtue of his presidency. If he wants respect or you want me to respect him because he is president, then give us something to respect.
He is a terrible individual.

Most of what he has said needed to be said. Even Elijah mocked the prophets of Baal. I wish he was more articulate, but sadly he was the only one willing to even put up a fight. You should get on your knees right now and thank God Trump is your President, even though you are not worthy.
1/5/19 6:49 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
krista wrote:
And BTW, I never said Hillary would be a better president. He has some right policies, but we have the wrong man.

From Daniel 2:21

New International Version

He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.

[b]New Living Translation
[/b]He controls the course of world events; he removes kings and sets up other kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the scholars.

English Standard Version
He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding;

Berean Study Bible
He changes the times and seasons; He removes kings and establishes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.

New American Standard Bible
"It is He who changes the times and the epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings; He gives wisdom to wise men And knowledge to men of understanding.

King James Bible
And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

Christian Standard Bible
He changes the times and seasons; he removes kings and establishes kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding.

Every single version of the bible says that God establishes the man in office so if you feel we have the wrong man you might want to tell God.

What are you focused on?
1/5/19 6:57 pm

Post Re: Thanks for the invite.... Resident Skeptic
krista wrote:
The problem with these threads is that you have guys like Resident Septic, who can't just sit back for a while. He comes in and tries to discredit anyone, any time they make a remark about Trump.
I hold my own opinions about Resident, but it hurt his feelings, so I'll leave that for another time.

"Let it go!!" she demanded.

"Keep your distance !" she commanded.

Now she calls me "septic". OK then, your new name is Krusta. Krusta the clown.

I don't think Trump is necessarily a Failure. I just think he is solely the tremendously biggest mistake America has made.

Explain how he is a bigger mistake than Obama or LBJ.

Forget about what any of the media say's about him. Every day he opens his big mouth and proves he is.
Let me be clear. I can not stand this the man representing this great nation.
When he berated a greiving Gold Star family, because they disapproved of the travel ban that did it for me.

Of course, your view of what happened is inaccurate.

Any other president would have known that that was a time to just let it go. But not Trump.

When he was taped talking about women in the way he did, did it for me.
When he discredits his own FBI and CIA, yet embraces Putin and Kim Jong, that did it for me.

It was before he was President. And if you could hear the things 99% of these guys say in private, you'd certainly be fair and hold them all to the same standard toy hold Trump to, right? BBBAAAHHAA!! Oh wait! You said you voted for him. The video showing him makingt hose horrible statements came out before the election. You said "that did it for me". Yet you voted for him. And the FBI is loaded with rogue agents who obstructed justice to help Hillary, fyi.

When he alienated our allies and again, embraces Russia and N. Korea, that did it for me. (Never "embraced" them. And our allies have been stabbing us in the back for years. )

When he threw paper towels to the people of Porta Rico, that did it for me.
When says he doesn't care about the Federal workers because they are Democrate.
When he does his Rally's, and brags on himself and acts like a stupid buffoon......yeah that did it for me along with 100's of other remarks .
No matter how succesful he may be, does not make it ok that he does those things.
You may like his policies, but there is no way you can watch him talk and be proud " This is my president"!!

Everything "did it for you". BA! Every one of these items has been debunked. You'd rather have the fornicating, one-world backstabbers that are polished. You have been fooled and lied to. Krusta the clown.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 1/5/19 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
1/5/19 6:58 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
A more balanced view of the Khan family...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_uOWI7dmuM
1/5/19 7:10 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
Every single version of the bible says that God establishes the man in office so if you feel we have the wrong man you might want to tell God.

Okay. Now apply this theology to Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, etc. (And before anyone flips their lid, no, I am not saying Trump is comparable to any of those examples.)

The fact that God is sovereign over all does not mean that a wicked ruler cannot be called out. If it did, many of the prophets could not be speaking by the Holy Spirit, because God also set and appointed the wicked rulers that they prophesied against.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/5/19 7:20 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
krista wrote:
And BTW, I never said Hillary would be a better president. He has some right policies, but we have the wrong man.

From Daniel 2:21

New International Version

He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.

[b]New Living Translation
[/b]He controls the course of world events; he removes kings and sets up other kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the scholars.

English Standard Version
He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding;

Berean Study Bible
He changes the times and seasons; He removes kings and establishes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.

New American Standard Bible
"It is He who changes the times and the epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings; He gives wisdom to wise men And knowledge to men of understanding.

King James Bible
And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

Christian Standard Bible
He changes the times and seasons; he removes kings and establishes kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding.

Did you feel the same way when Obama was in office, that he was God’s man in the Oval Office?

Also, if we had a monarchy, that verse might be applicable.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/5/19 7:48 pm

Post p5harri
I actually pray for the President fairly consistently.

I pray for God to change his heart.

Nothing more nothing less.
1/5/19 7:50 pm

Post God has used all kinds of people both good & bad Dean Steenburgh
Dave, the fact that you used Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Idi Amin may not be a comparison for Trump's decisions, but I wonder if it says something about your own personal view of the POTUS.

Mr. Trump hasn't done anything worthy of such visceral feelings from so many of you. I wonder at times if the Obama years were simply not enough for too many Christians. Maybe in 2 years Mr. Trump will be replaced by a true hater of all that we hold sacred & some will yearn for the days of the Donald.

As far as the bible is concerned here is a snip of my notes:
In Biblical history, Nebuchadnezzar is used by God in various ways. He is used by God to chastise the southern tribes & then later on will be mentioned as a testimony of salvation. God uses Nebuchadnezzar independently of his evil, and his pagan beliefs in divination through looking at animal livers and images, Ezek. 21:21.
Nebuchadnezzar’s pagan beliefs, and his earthly power and influence, have all passed away. However, the corrective influence on God’s people is impressive, & long lasting, ‘For, lo, I raise up the Chaldeans, that bitter and hasty nation’, Hab. 1:6; ‘O Lord, thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O mighty God, thou hast established them for correction’, v. 12; 2 Kgs. 20:17, 18. Judah’s expectation of a rebuilt temple, their prayers, their devotion to the reading of God’s word under Ezra, and the earnest rebuilding of the temple under Zerubbabel will result in the glorification of Christ. The ‘desire of all nations’, a messianic reference to Jesus Christ, will fill the temple with His glory, Hag. 2:7. This same temple is later embellished by Herod.
But then something happens:
Nebuchadnezzar is lifted up; his mind is hardened in pride for having a kingdom whose military might surpassed that of king David. His wealth surpassed that of king Solomon. The rich treasures of Israel were now his. God then deposed him from his throne, and took away his glory. He was driven from men, and his heart became like that of an animal, Dan. 5:21.
After Nebuchadnezzar is humiliated by God for seven years, he lifts up his eyes to heaven, and his understanding returns. Nebuchadnezzar recognizes God’s authority. He praises, extols and honours Him. Nebuchadnezzar then makes a proclamation, according to the custom of that day.

Pharaoh challenges God’s power, ‘And Pharaoh said, Who is the Lord, that I should obey his voice to let Israel go? I know not the Lord, neither will I let Israel go’, Exod. 5:2. God’s answer is, ‘For this cause have I raised thee up, for to shew in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth’, Exod. 9:16; Rom. 9:17. The story of God´s overwhelming victory for His people at the Red Sea is still declared all over the world.

There are other scriptural examples that can be used, but one of the greatest is the case of Pilate. He delivered Christ to be crucified. The startling result is Christ’s glorious resurrection, which still resounds throughout history today.

It can be said that God allows evil men to rule because of man’s choice to reject the authority of God. God in his mercy thereafter looks for godly men to help guide His people. Even King David, ‘a man after his own heart’, 1 Sam. 13:14, succumbed to man’s innate frailty towards evil.
The conclusion of Jehovah’s search is given to Ezekiel in chapter 22:30, ‘And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none’. By rejecting God’s rule, mankind has assumed a responsibility for itself that it cannot handle. Man was originally made to govern the earth; in man’s broken state of sin, God brings order to our rebellion by appointing world leaders that seem to come & go based on God's timeline.

What are you focused on?
1/5/19 7:59 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic