Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I was asked in another thread....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Oh, no media spin there, huh?

Sorry if I triggered you. Head over to Rush Limbaugh and Gateway Pundit and you can fill your mind with goodfacts again.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/3/19 7:56 pm

Post krista
Resident Skeptic wrote:
krista wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
p5harri wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
p5harri wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
p5harri wrote:
Read any of his tweets were he’s belittled, bullied or called others names.
Those are classic examples of a seared conscience and heart.

Not EVEN biblical !!

Seriously, that is the silliest thing I've read of late. Have you considered that many , and probably most of those he is calling out are the ones with a seared conscience?

This is war. You can't see that.

It doesn’t really matter. You have proven to be blind to Trumps issues.
He’s narcissistic and self absorbed. His daily character proves that.

Most of the war was self induced by his administration.

"It doesn't matter" that your view is not biblical? Wow.

And if you think he started the war, you've been living with your head in the sand for a LONG time.

There’s always been a war, he’s done nothing but inflame it.

He's the first one to actually offer resistance. Naturally, the Empire will strike back. Your refined pretty boys never even tried.

Listen to yourself. Re-read your comments. Copy and paste them together and then read what you are. Not calling you a nationalist, but if you have any influence, oversight or you lead others, you really do need help.
If you believe what you post, you need an intervention. That hate has made what is contemptible and corrupt in some weird way, a good thing.
There is help out there for you.

The fact that you think this somehow constitutes "hate" shows YOU are the one who needs help. You are the extreme fringe, not me.

I think we on Acts need to approach you in a different way. Surely someone on here can offer you some help. But dude you need help. The first step to recovery is realizing you need help.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
1/3/19 8:01 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
The result of one press conference from this sadly deranged man:

And that doesn't even start to touch about Mattis, McChrystal, etc.

That doesn't even start to touch him talking about how he knows as much as the generals, or how he would be a good general. That doesn't even start to touch him saying he's extremely popular in Europe and could be elected to any office at all there.

And it wasn't even like yesterday was especially outrageous relative to his normal fare. Just another day in Trumpland.

But Trump is actually on to something I've pondered for years. While aiding the rebels was a good Cold War tactic, hind-sight has proven these were anything but "freedom fighters". They have proven to be terrorists. I stopped looking at the Afghan rebels as "freedom fighters" long ago. There was maybe one faction that was decent at all. As soon as the Soviets left, democracy flourished, right? NO! I did not need Trump to help me figure this out. It's good to see he is coming around to my way of thinking.

As for Syria, do you really care if Syria welcomes Iranian military advisors to their soil? Is it not high time for us to write-off that hopeless region? Whether Trump said all of this diplomatically or not really does not matter. Rand Paul agrees, and he is a very tactful speaker.
1/3/19 8:02 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Just like you need help with your massive quotes that make the thread unreadable, Krista. We can all help each other. Smile [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/3/19 8:02 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
krista wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
krista wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
p5harri wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
p5harri wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
p5harri wrote:
Read any of his tweets were he’s belittled, bullied or called others names.
Those are classic examples of a seared conscience and heart.

Not EVEN biblical !!

Seriously, that is the silliest thing I've read of late. Have you considered that many , and probably most of those he is calling out are the ones with a seared conscience?

This is war. You can't see that.

It doesn’t really matter. You have proven to be blind to Trumps issues.
He’s narcissistic and self absorbed. His daily character proves that.

Most of the war was self induced by his administration.

"It doesn't matter" that your view is not biblical? Wow.

And if you think he started the war, you've been living with your head in the sand for a LONG time.

There’s always been a war, he’s done nothing but inflame it.

He's the first one to actually offer resistance. Naturally, the Empire will strike back. Your refined pretty boys never even tried.

Listen to yourself. Re-read your comments. Copy and paste them together and then read what you are. Not calling you a nationalist, but if you have any influence, oversight or you lead others, you really do need help.
If you believe what you post, you need an intervention. That hate has made what is contemptible and corrupt in some weird way, a good thing.
There is help out there for you.

The fact that you think this somehow constitutes "hate" shows YOU are the one who needs help. You are the extreme fringe, not me.

I think we on Acts need to approach you in a different way. Surely someone on here can offer you some help. But dude you need help. The first step to recovery is realizing you need help.

Dave and Krista, some on here may not care for my frankness, but few agree with your irrational views.
1/3/19 8:04 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Oh, no media spin there, huh?

Sorry if I triggered you. Head over to Rush Limbaugh and Gateway Pundit and you can fill your mind with goodfacts again.

I would LOVE to hear you call in and debate Rush. You'd last maybe 2 minutes.
1/3/19 8:06 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
And speaking of Rand Paul, had he not dropped out of the race when he did, I was committed to vote for him in the Florida Primary. I hope he is Trump's successor. His father also would have been a great POTUS.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 1/3/19 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
1/3/19 8:09 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Yes, because that's all I'd be able to take before I had to disconnect the call for the sake of my own mental health. I'm up to 4 minutes when arguing with flat-earthers, though. Hoping to grow in mental fortitude this year and take that up to 5.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/3/19 8:09 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Yes, because that's all I'd be able to take before I had to disconnect the call for the sake of my own mental health. I'm up to 4 minutes when arguing with flat-earthers, though. Hoping to grow in mental fortitude this year and take that up to 5.

Again, you are the fringe. A conservative you are not.
1/3/19 8:16 pm

Post krista
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Just like you need help with your massive quotes that make the thread unreadable, Krista. We can all help each other. Smile

Massive quotes? Have you noticed yours? I kind of thought we were together on this. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
1/3/19 8:16 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Sorry dude. What you just said applies to you 100%, not me. But I know I might as well be shouting that at the clouds.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/3/19 8:20 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Sorry dude. What you just said applies to you 100%, not me. But I know I might as well be shouting that at the clouds.

So let's get this straight. Rush and all of his millions of listeners, myself included, are not the conservatives, and you are? And you think Trump has a high opinion of himself?
1/3/19 8:29 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Conservatism is a political philosophy with objective well-defined principles and beliefs. It is not a shifting postmodern label that can be subjectively applied as one sees fit. And judging by those objective principles and beliefs, El Rushbo has abandoned conservatism. That's just all there is to it. He's a populist now, like Trump, Hannity, Ingraham, Coulter, and, well, yourself. And that's fine. There's nothing wrong with being a populist. But none of you are conservatives. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/3/19 8:34 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Conservatism is a political philosophy with objective well-defined principles and beliefs. It is not a shifting postmodern label that can be subjectively applied as one sees fit. And judging by those objective principles and beliefs, El Rushbo has abandoned conservatism. That's just all there is to it. He's a populist now, like Trump, Hannity, Ingraham, Coulter, and, well, yourself. And that's fine. There's nothing wrong with being a populist. But none of you are conservatives.

Did it ever occur to you that conservatism absorbed populism?
1/3/19 8:44 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:

No, because again, political conservatism is a label for an objective set of principles and beliefs. That would be like saying far-left progressivism absorbed third way Democrats. It didn't. Those Democrats abandoned their more centrist views and became far-left progressives. Just like you and others have abandoned conservatism and chosen to become populists. It's fine. It's not a slur. It's just what happened. You're not conservatives anymore.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/3/19 8:52 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

No, because again, political conservatism is a label for an objective set of principles and beliefs. That would be like saying far-left progressivism absorbed third way Democrats. It didn't. Those Democrats abandoned their more centrist views and became far-left progressives. Just like you and others have abandoned conservatism and chosen to become populists.

I am sure you can claim some validity to your argument. But it is a far stretch to say that conservatism has been abandoned because it has taken on a mild populist flavor. No set of conservative principles is so rigid that it cannot adapt and bend moderately. For instance, we finally woke up on these bogus trade deals and thus attracted mostly-white rust belt voters who, though being very conservative, never felt comfortable voting for Republicans. I consider myself a free trader. I see free trade as being a major factor in the Civil War. But negotiating better deals with crooks like the Chinese should not be viewed as a total embrace of populism.

I truly understand your concern here. However, I think your rigidity has effected your outlook.
1/3/19 8:59 pm

Post Another thread over the same stuff? caseyleejones
RS, I won't debate semantics. His policies and the platform are sound. You can argue that. You have an argument there. But some of the incendiary tweets and language needs to end.

I do believe he can accomplish the same by coming out and being tough without calling names. His policies have been very pro-christian and a friendly to churches.

I know everyone wants to throw the Cyrus argument up. I'm not as biblically literate as some are. But, I do believe we needed someone like Trump to swing the pendulum back. I don't think Pence or anyone else could do that.

Anyway, two SCOTUS picks. We need two more. Trump will get my vote again. From a spiritual point of view, Obama was fairly profane and took us in to a dark hole. I work in a school and I am seeing things I never saw before pre-obama days. Hopefully Trump can swing the pendulum back and someone like Pence can bring balance.

Until then, argue policies. That's a slam dunk...except with Krista. But if you are arguing character, you will lose.
Acts-perienced Poster
1/3/19 9:20 pm

Post Re: Another thread over the same stuff? Resident Skeptic
caseyleejones wrote:
RS, I won't debate semantics. His policies and the platform are sound. You can argue that. You have an argument there. But some of the incendiary tweets and language needs to end.

I do believe he can accomplish the same by coming out and being tough without calling names. His policies have been very pro-christian and a friendly to churches.

I know everyone wants to throw the Cyrus argument up. I'm not as biblically literate as some are. But, I do believe we needed someone like Trump to swing the pendulum back. I don't think Pence or anyone else could do that.

Anyway, two SCOTUS picks. We need two more. Trump will get my vote again. From a spiritual point of view, Obama was fairly profane and took us in to a dark hole. I work in a school and I am seeing things I never saw before pre-obama days. Hopefully Trump can swing the pendulum back and someone like Pence can bring balance.

Until then, argue policies. That's a slam dunk...except with Krista. But if you are arguing character, you will lose.

Lincoln cussed like a sailor and regularly used the N-word. Watch what happens if I question his character.
1/3/19 9:46 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

No, because again, political conservatism is a label for an objective set of principles and beliefs. That would be like saying far-left progressivism absorbed third way Democrats. It didn't. Those Democrats abandoned their more centrist views and became far-left progressives. Just like you and others have abandoned conservatism and chosen to become populists. It's fine. It's not a slur. It's just what happened. You're not conservatives anymore.

BTW, just to show you I'm not blindly following anyone...I remember quite well when Pat Buchanan ran for the GOP nomination in both 1992 and 1996. In 1992 Rush practically endorsed Buchanan even though he was challenging the sitting GOP President. But in 1996 Rush dismissed Buchanan as a "populist". Why did Rush have such a change of heart? "Free trade". Time has proven Buchanan right on this trade issue and Rush's position has evolved as a result. Now Mark Levin, though supporting Trump overall, has never budged from his critical stance on Trump's trade policies.
1/4/19 9:11 am

Post my 2 cents on RUSH and debates... Cojak
This is sorta fun once you guys quit calling names. hahaha. But I just wanted to comment on Rush. When I could hear I listened to Rush a lot. A fellow Roach Coach Driver (& BIL) suggested I listen to this new talk show host, he is tops. BIL agreed with Rush because his values were nearly 100% the values of Democrats in the early 1950. That is my BIL he is 95 now and still doesn't know the Democrats left him.

That aside, when he learned Rush was GOP leaning, he was out of there, not worth a grain of salt.

Now my opinion of a Rush debate, my feelings when I listened every day years ago. There is NO DEBATE over that radio show, never has been. The screener puts the caller through, he states his case, you no longer hear from him, RUSH takes over and talks 10 minutes about what the dude said. THERE has never been a debate that I heard unless the caller was FOR RUSH's opinion of the day.

For what it is worth, of course I have not listened for years, I lost my hearing years ago. But as I was losing my hearing. At the time I mostly agreed with him, but considered him a man with an ego larger than a Mack truck. JMHO

PS but then you probably cannot have a radio/TV program without a big ego. Embarassed AND you cannot have a debate when YOU control the mike! Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/4/19 11:04 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic