Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

A tale of two presidents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Hey Pal....retract that.....NOW!!! krista
caseyleejones wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:
We'll never see eye to eye on any of this, so we're pretty much arguing for the sake of anyone who might be watching. And that's fine.

You can be a believer and vote for Trump. UncleJD has made pretty good arguments on this forum in favor of supporting Trump despite his loathesome personal character, and I respect those arguments. Others have as well (caseyleejones just today).

But when you not only excuse but glorify that character and those failings, you have stepped off the reservation and are no longer functioning as an ambassador of Christ. That's just all there is to it.

I did it before today.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Yeah Dave, you better retract that or you're gonna pay! No, Mexico will pay! No! The taxpayers will pay! Or those Democrat federal workers will pay! Laughing Laughing
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
1/2/19 3:07 pm

Post Re: Hey Pal....retract that.....NOW!!! caseyleejones
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:
We'll never see eye to eye on any of this, so we're pretty much arguing for the sake of anyone who might be watching. And that's fine.

You can be a believer and vote for Trump. UncleJD has made pretty good arguments on this forum in favor of supporting Trump despite his loathesome personal character, and I respect those arguments. Others have as well (caseyleejones just today).

But when you not only excuse but glorify that character and those failings, you have stepped off the reservation and are no longer functioning as an ambassador of Christ. That's just all there is to it.

I did it before today.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Yeah Dave, you better retract that or you're gonna pay! No, Mexico will pay! No! The taxpayers will pay! Or those Democrat federal workers will pay! Laughing Laughing

Your girl lost.
Acts-perienced Poster
1/2/19 3:08 pm

caseyleejones wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Your girl lost.

Wrong there pal. Voted for Trump. I thought pre-election, " Trump will be ok. Better that a Democrate". ( Hillary ). But later I realized how he is void of any redeemable qualities and that I had voted for a 14 year old.
I've been around a long time. Seen a lot of Presidents, but He has no morals and it completley overwhelmed by being president. Cluelessness + Power + arrogance = A National tragedy.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
1/2/19 4:01 pm

Post Re: Hey Pal....retract that.....NOW!!! caseyleejones
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Your girl lost.

Wrong there pal. Voted for Trump. I thought pre-election, " Trump will be ok. Better that a Democrate". ( Hillary ). But later I realized how he is void of any redeemable qualities and that I had voted for a 14 year old.
I've been around a long time. Seen a lot of Presidents, but He has no morals and it completley overwhelmed by being president. Cluelessness + Power + arrogance = A National tragedy.

You're saying the scotus picks were bad?
Acts-perienced Poster
1/2/19 4:13 pm

caseyleejones wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Your girl lost.

Absolutely. He had other choices.
Look, I don't like it and you don't like it, but if you think Roe vs Wade will be overturned, you are as confused as Trumps base.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
1/2/19 4:24 pm

Post Krista.... Aaron Scott
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Your girl lost.

Krista, I must take exception to some of these things you mentioned.

Do you think that Trump is STILL a better choice than Hillary? I do! The difference, I think, is that Trump really doesn't care what he says (he's a billionaire, and somewhat of a jerk, I guess), but Hillary seems to simply have a better presentation...even though she has far worse policy intentions!

If Hillary had been elected, she would have likely got to place THREE Supreme Court justices by now, as RBG would likely have been willing to retire.

NK? Nothing different from the last 40 years.

The military already seemed to be wary of her.

Taxes. Forgetaboutit!

Etc.

As I have mentioned, I absolutely do NOT like Trump's presentation. However, at the same time, as utterly childish as it seemed to call Il Jong "Rocket Man," it seemed to have at least gotten us off of dead center.

By the way, Kissinger and Nixon played a similar game (assuming Trump is gaming). That is, Kissinger would tell North Vietnam that Nixon was a loose cannon, and that they had better do a deal while they could, since he might go off the deep end, etc. I heard Nicki Haley used this to some degree with Trump.

It is negotiation 101, perhaps...but one with a nuclear weapon tied to it. And since the other side cannot be all that sure that Trump WON'T actually nuke someone (since he acts so outrageously), they might be more forward to respond.

What you said about cluelessness, etc., may indeed by the case. Or it may not be. But either way, SO FAR, Trump is NOT a "national tragedy." He IS, however, likely a national embarrassment. But if that's the price we pay to get things done, I'm good with it.

I recently read "American Lion," about Andrew Jackson's presidency. I was almost stunned with how it flowed along with Trump's presidency. The elite were aghast at Jackson and his supporters, yet Jackson changed the course of American history in many ways for the better (and a few for the worse--Trail of Tears). We would NEVER have gotten that from the elite back then or now...but then you bring in a Jackson or Trump, and they don't care about the eggshells that the elite have left lying everywhere in order to keep everyone on board.

At this point of Trump's presidency, I would easily vote for him again, barring a Republican that I thought could be even more effective than Trump.

Yes, I want Trump to behave. But that might just mess it up for everyone.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/2/19 4:33 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Krista ◀️ I’m with her! Acts-pert Poster
1/2/19 5:00 pm

Post Re: Dave.... Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
He is simply doing things the way the liberals do things.

And now without either side having any qualms about calling each other ugly things - our politics have become like Great Britains.

It functions - but everything is a brawl.

Not sure what will bring both parties back to civility.

Hillary said they couldn't be civil until Trump was out - but I don't think that will help anything. We've crossed over a bridge that got nuked as we crossed over.

NBF - I agree with your analysis here 100%.

Is this the "evil" in Trump you were referring to?
1/2/19 5:54 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
If someone who follows the news as closely as you do needs an explanation to know what I'm referring to, you've answered the question I was asking. Thanks.

Classic answer from someone who cannot answer a question. If your criticism of Trump was based solely on his bedside manner, then I might understand. But to call his policies "evil". You sound like the male version of Krista.
1/2/19 5:57 pm

Post Re: Hey Pal....retract that.....NOW!!! Resident Skeptic
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Your girl lost.

Look, I don't like it and you don't like it, but if you think Roe vs Wade will be overturned, you are as confused as Trumps base.

And speaking of embarrassments, hi Krista! We are only one day into 2019 and I nominate your comment above for the most ridiculous answer to a question award for this year.
1/2/19 5:59 pm

Post p5harri
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:
If someone who follows the news as closely as you do needs an explanation to know what I'm referring to, you've answered the question I was asking. Thanks.

Classic answer from someone who cannot answer a question. If your criticism of Trump was based solely on his bedside manner, then I might understand. But to call his policies "evil". You sound like the male version of Krista.

Where did Dave ever directly say Trumps policies were evil?
1/2/19 6:17 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
p5harri wrote:
Where did Dave ever directly say Trumps policies were evil?

That definitely doesn't matter either. Laughing

RS - it's clear we're not going to see eye to eye on Trump's morality. You do you.

Maybe we can talk about his raging incompetence. I'm not sure how anyone could watch that trainwreck of a press conference today and not walk away frightened for the state of this nation.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/2/19 6:33 pm

Resident Skeptic wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Your girl lost.

And speaking of embarrassments, hi Krista! We are only one day into 2019 and I nominate your comment above for the most ridiculous answer to a question award for this year.

Couldn’t care less what you think. One year, two years or ten years there will still be guys like you thinking Roe vs Wade will be overturned.

Last edited by krista on 1/2/19 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
1/2/19 7:11 pm

krista wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Your girl lost.

Couldn’t care less what you think.

At least I think.
1/2/19 7:14 pm

Resident Skeptic wrote:
krista wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Your girl lost.

At least I think.

delete

Last edited by krista on 1/2/19 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
1/2/19 7:18 pm

krista wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
krista wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Your girl lost.

At least I think.

So do white Nationalists. If you want to dance, let’s dance. Just remember, you started the ugly stuff.

Oh back to your "white nationalist" lies. Completely pathetic. Whenever you are challenged, you simply lie about the one challenging you. Why don't we have a sit down with your pastor? I'm sure he would be interested to know one of his members thinks nothing of character assassination.

In fact, why don't you present your case right here on this board? I'm sure you have plently of my "white nationalism" endorsements, right? Bring it on, "sister".
1/2/19 7:41 pm

Post Re: Hey Pal....retract that.....NOW!!! Cojak
krista wrote:

Not sure of the confused Trump base, I am not sure they think that. BUT if anyone does, they are confused. It would have been great if the decision had not been made, BUT IT WAS. Same as gay marrieage, they are out of the bag and WILL NOT be put back in, Although I sure wish they could be reversed I fear that is impossible in today's climate. Sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/2/19 7:48 pm

Cojak wrote:
krista wrote:

Not sure of the confused Trump base, I am not sure they think that. BUT if anyone does, they are confused. It would have been great if the decision had not been made, BUT IT WAS. Same as gay marrieage, they are out of the bag and WILL NOT be put back in, Although I sure wish they could be reversed I fear that is impossible in today's climate. Sad

Plessey vs Ferguson was overturned. Roe v Wade will be dismantled gradually. But then it will simply go back to the States, and abortion will always be legal in a handful of States.
1/2/19 7:50 pm

Resident Skeptic wrote:
krista wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
krista wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Your girl lost.

At least I think.

So do white Nationalists. If you want to dance, let’s dance. Just remember, you started the ugly stuff.

Oh back to your "white nationalist" lies. Completely pathetic. Whenever you are challenged, you simply lie about the one challenging you. Why don't we have a sit down with your pastor? I'm sure he would be interested to know one of his members thinks nothing of character assassination.

In fact, why don't you present your case right here on this board? I'm sure you have plently of my "white nationalism" endorsements, right? Bring it on, "sister".

Just keep in mind, you went to the character first.
Your White Nationalism is displayed daily with your pathetic support for a President that insults Gold star families and is working overtime to divide our nation. Your zeal for Trump is only outdone by your prejudice and hatred.
Tell you what. I’lll sit down with you, and then talk to me like you do here.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
1/2/19 7:50 pm

krista wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
krista wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
krista wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
krista wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Your girl lost.

At least I think.

Just keep in mind, you went to the character first.
Your White Nationalism is displayed daily with your pathetic support for a President that insults Gold star families and is working overtime to divide our nation. Your zeal for Trump is only outdone by your prejudice and hatred.

Cite one example of white nationalism in either my or Trump's agenda. If you can't, then cease and desist your slander. How would you like it if I started accusing you of being a lesbian for no reason?

And I will gladly meet with you and your pastor. I would not sit down alone with you for fear of being falsely accused of inappropriate behavior. I mean you have already lied about me. Why would you stop at accusations of white nationalism?

Looking back at my posts here I see nothing that attacks your character. I simply questioned your judgement.
1/2/19 7:54 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic