Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

A tale of two presidents
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post A tale of two presidents Dave Dorsey
"As we move forward into the New Year, I encourage all Americans to give thanks to the Almighty for His many blessings, and to join with me in reaffirming our commitment to helping people around the world achieve peace and freedom."
--New year message of the U.S. president (2003)

"HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE, INCLUDING THE HATERS AND THE FAKE NEWS MEDIA! 2019 WILL BE A FANTASTIC YEAR FOR THOSE NOT SUFFERING FROM TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME. JUST CALM DOWN AND ENJOY THE RIDE, GREAT THINGS ARE HAPPENING FOR OUR COUNTRY!"
--New year message of the U.S. president (2019)

Happy New Year, y'all.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/1/19 10:42 am

Post Give it a rest Dunamis007
He's not Lincoln. We get it. But considering the alternative he's better. And besides, DC needs to be shaken up. The status quo of Demlite presidents like Bush wasn't doing us any good, was it?

In Trump's words then, stay calm and enjoy the ride. Ha.
1/1/19 10:47 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Nope, not gonna give it a rest. I'm going to stay up on the wall.

Not that wall...
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/1/19 10:53 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
DDS. Dave derangement syndrome.

When you post Trump trash daily on a religious website.

Too bad he didn't turn over a new leaf.
1/1/19 11:15 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
When you post Trump trash

NBF, I'm really impressed that you're starting to wrap your mind around what the president's indefensible nonsense actually is. That's a big step forward. Happy New Year, my friend.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/1/19 11:21 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
When you post Trump trash

NBF, I'm really impressed that you're starting to wrap your mind around what the president's indefensible nonsense actually is. That's a big step forward. Happy New Year, my friend.

Thank you Dave. You are too kind.
1/1/19 1:04 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave, you still fail to understand that it is Trump's "realness" that got him elected. You really sometimes act like a stuck up snob that's "too good" for us common folk. You comment on Trump's personality, but never on the corrupt deep state trying to destroy him. Amazing.
1/1/19 3:43 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Dave, you still fail to understand that it is Trump's "realness" that got him elected. You really sometimes act like a stuck up snob that's "too good" for us common folk. You comment on Trump's personality, but never on the corrupt deep state trying to destroy him. Amazing.

Trump got elected for a lot of reasons. The main one is that he was running against Hillary Clinton.

But, I'm not really interested in why people support Trump. There are a lot of answers to that question. I'm interested in why some evangelicals give him total and absolute support. I'm not talking about evangelicals who approve of his judicial appointments, fiscal policy, foreign policy, etc. and hold their nose about everything else. That's understandable. I'm talking about evangelicals like Jerry Falwell Jr. who said in an interview published today that there is nothing Trump could ever do personally or professionally to endanger his support from evangelicals. This is more than approval over policy. This is a worshipful posture toward the man himself.

That's what I find interesting. And, those are the people to whom I am endeavoring to appeal.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/1/19 4:34 pm

Post I know you are saying people tend to idolize Trump. caseyleejones
I won't disagree there are some out there. But, from my experience, there was always a fairly large contingent on the left that idolized their guy/gal. I saw it faintly with Bill Clinton. It was immense with Obama as if he was Jesus junior and the messiah. Let us not forget the song the children sang..."OBama's Gonna Make a Way". It was as close to idolatry than anything I have see in my lifetime.

Now in saying that, this is the first time I have ever seen people on the right embrace a candidate, Trump in a similar fashion. However, it was never anything like those people did with Obama.

You cannot defend some of what Trump has done. However, I think with Trump what you see is what you get? One writer in the WAPO even wrote that Trump might very well be the most honest president in our lifetime.

Are some of his tweets jerdwadish in nature. Definitely. But, at least I know what I get with him. Juxtapose that with a highly polished speaker that knows how to evoke positive emotions out of the listeners and make them feel good which has zero bearing on policy. Obama produced the "feelz" with those on the left and some on the right. But Obama's policies took us into an ungodly or more precisely Anti-God direction. As a result of the last administration, we have entered a time Godlessness in our youth resulting in rebellion like I have never seen before. We are told that gender is fluid and not only is gay marriage considered a good thing, but the perversion we see in gay parades is now considered a cool idea. One town in southern Illinois now has transvestite bingo on a weekly basis. One of the christian clubs at a local hight is now under fire and considered a hate group because they identify as christian. This is what Obama brought us. A third party vote at this time was a vote for Hillary.

We all got the feelz when he spoke, but he took us to a very dark area that will require the hand of God to undo some.

So, my point...yes, some do idolize Trump. I don't. I know some nice people as well as some who are jackasses. At least I know with some of those jackasses that I see the whole person.

I voted straight ticket last election. Unless something major changes, I will be doing straight ticket in 2020.
Acts-perienced Poster
1/1/19 5:16 pm

Post Re: I know you are saying people tend to idolize Trump. Dave Dorsey
caseyleejones wrote:
Now in saying that, this is the first time I have ever seen people on the right embrace a candidate, Trump in a similar fashion. However, it was never anything like those people did with Obama.

I agree with everything you've said up until this point -- I think the idolization is just as intense with Trump. It's definitely the first time I've seen it on the right and IMO it's incredibly disturbing and dangerous for the future of conservative governance, and the major thing that drives me to keep posting what I do. I believe we are watching the right transform from conservatism to populism in front of our eyes.

I voted straight ticket Republican in 2018, and I suspect I'll do the same in 2020 with the exception of the top. I am hopeful there's a Republican candidate other than Trump there, though, so I can vote straight ticket in 2020 also.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/1/19 5:36 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Resident Skeptic wrote:

This is one of the bad influences that Trump has had on people. He acts like an idiot calling people names and berating them. So does his followers and that’s why they like him. Always going personal. Just look at that woman’s face....who would vote for that? And, they were ok with that rhetoric. Yeah, that’s what the people liked about Trump and that’s pretty sad.
Acts-pert Poster
1/1/19 5:38 pm

Post Yeah...I kind of agree... caseyleejones
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

This is one of the bad influences that Trump has had on people. He acts like an idiot calling people names and berating them. So does his followers and that’s why they like him. Always going personal. Just look at that woman’s face....who would vote for that? And, they were ok with that rhetoric. Yeah, that’s what the people liked about Trump and that’s pretty sad.

I don't like the libtards comment etc...etc...etc... I do think it has created an incendiary amongst the die hard Trump followers.
Acts-perienced Poster
1/1/19 5:44 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Dear Lord, Eddie! You just confirmed my criticism of Dave. You guys are two peas in a pod. We have a corrupt establishment that is trying to overthrow a constitutionally elected President and you do not give a terd! Amazing! Trump's personality is more of a concern to you than the many anti-American enemies from within that hate YOU.
1/1/19 6:05 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
I haven't seen any evidence that would lead me to believe in the existence of a "deep state" that is conspiring to overthrow the president. I see a lot of very valid investigations into the president and his actions, but that's about it. (I haven't seen any fire for all the smoke concerning Russia, though some of the other investigations appear to be more substantial.) [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/1/19 6:11 pm

Post Is there a so-called deep state? hmmm....Do church boards caseyleejones
conspire against a pastor privately behind closed doors? I've seen it first hand. I know deep state and church politics are vastly different in terms of magnitude, but they are similar. I tend to think the president is really the face of something larger...a group of powerful people.

I don't think on the level of the Illuminati per se, but I think there is a much more powerful force than the president that sort of runs things. We saw justices flip on very powerful issues such as Ocare.....

I don't know for sure...but a little suspicious...
Acts-perienced Poster
1/1/19 6:57 pm

Post Re: Is there a so-called deep state? hmmm....Do church boards Dave Dorsey
caseyleejones wrote:
conspire against a pastor privately behind closed doors? I've seen it first hand. I know deep state and church politics are vastly different in terms of magnitude, but they are similar. I tend to think the president is really the face of something larger...a group of powerful people.

I don't think on the level of the Illuminati per se, but I think there is a much more powerful force than the president that sort of runs things. We saw justices flip on very powerful issues such as Ocare.....

I think it's clear that the federal bureaucracy (like any bureaucracy) is oriented toward self-preservation and growth, and that the most straightforward manifestation of that is an entrenched bureaucratic resistance to Republicans and a support of Democrats. One only need to look at voting records for the suburbs around DC to see that.

But I'm not sure that has any real impact on the way policy unfolds. It makes everything go slow, and it makes budgets grow even when they're advertised as shrinking. I definitely can't wrap my mind around there being any sort of cabal that directs the country's policies from the shadows. I'd agree that the country's policies are largely determined by lobbyists and big donors (on both sides) -- these are the guys who are writing the legislation that Congresspeople are then sponsoring and voting into law -- but they're not doing it from the shadows, they're doing it out in the open, we just don't care.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/1/19 8:11 pm

Post No less an expert than Jerry Falwell jr says you're immoral if you don't support Trump Dunamis007
https://www.mediaite.com/online/jerry-falwell-jr-argues-its-immoral-for-evangelicals-not-to-support-trump/

So Dave, not only are you no longer COG and your pentecostal distinctives seem in question at best but you're IMMORAL, too i guess.

Last edited by Dunamis007 on 1/1/19 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
1/1/19 8:32 pm

Post Re: No less an expert than Jerry Falwell jr says you're immoral if you don't support Trump Dave Dorsey
Dunamis007 wrote:
https://www.mediaite.com/online/jerry-falwell-jr-argues-its-immoral-for-evangelicals-not-to-support-trump/

So Dave, not only are you longer COG and your pentecostal distinctives seem in question at best but you're IMMORAL, too i guess.

You can't make this stuff up, folks!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/1/19 8:34 pm

Post Re: No less an expert than Jerry Falwell jr says you're immoral if you don't support Trump Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Dunamis007 wrote:

So Dave, not only are you longer COG and your pentecostal distinctives seem in question at best but you're IMMORAL, too i guess.

You can't make this stuff up, folks!

He said "may" be immoral. At the very least, Trump has revealed who the Pharisee wing of the Evangelical community is.
1/1/19 8:45 pm

Post Re: Is there a so-called deep state? hmmm....Do church boards Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:

I think it's clear that the federal bureaucracy (like any bureaucracy) is oriented toward self-preservation and growth, and that the most straightforward manifestation of that is an entrenched bureaucratic resistance to Republicans and a support of Democrats. One only need to look at voting records for the suburbs around DC to see that.

But I'm not sure that has any real impact on the way policy unfolds. It makes everything go slow, and it makes budgets grow even when they're advertised as shrinking. I definitely can't wrap my mind around there being any sort of cabal that directs the country's policies from the shadows. I'd agree that the country's policies are largely determined by lobbyists and big donors (on both sides) -- these are the guys who are writing the legislation that Congresspeople are then sponsoring and voting into law -- but they're not doing it from the shadows, they're doing it out in the open, we just don't care.

A phony Dossier. FBI clearing Hillary before they actually interviewed her. People's lives destroyed by Mueller for nothing. HINT: They did not do this because of Trump's personality.
1/1/19 8:47 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic