Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Weed - Would You Smoke It, IF...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Weed - Would You Smoke It, IF... FG Minister
You were so sick with pain and nausea and no other known drug would help? The doctor has you try marijuana and it stopped the vomiting and reduced your excruciating pain by 75%. This has been the case in many people and marijuana has been the only relief they've received. It's been discussed on this forum before, but I am curious how many would smoke a reefer if it did for them what it has done for thousands of others. This discussion is about medical marijuana, not recreational usage. Second question - would you be more likely to ingest cannabis if it was in pill or food form?

Before you say "no way" to either, remember most of us have had morphine at some time for pain and morphine is in the same class of drugs as heroin. Morphine and codeine are made from raw opium and can further be refined into heroin.
Acts-celerater
12/18/18 8:40 am

Post Dave Dorsey
If it was legal to do so and was properly prescribed by a physician, absolutely. In a medicinal context, it is often even stripped of elements that can make a person high, but even if it wasn't, that "high" is as you point out much less significant than the high given by current legal opiates.

Given the huge and growing body of evidence of the efficacy of marijuana as a treatment for MS, chronic pain, etc. it's really upsetting that it's still illegal for medicinal use in so many places. With that said, if a Christian is in one of those places, I personally believe there is an ethical obligation to obey the law even though it will result in suffering. (I believe there is an ethical obligation for non-Christians to do the same.)

As to the second question, I'd much prefer to ingest cannabis in food or pill form in a medicinal context, that way you don't have to worry about smoking (which is gross).
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/18/18 9:09 am

Post UncleJD
I wouldn't smoke it since there are other ways to take it. As a medicine I don't see the harm. Recreational intoxication whether from a liquid or solid drug is clearly sin. Medicinal use isn't. I fully support the legalization of legitimate, medically prescribed cannabis. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/18/18 9:10 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
CBD oil has shown good results in pain control, with none of the many problems, such as intoxication, that are involved with the THC found in marijuana. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/18/18 12:04 pm

Post Preacher777
If I felt it was my best option for pain relief and legally prescribed by a doctor I would definitely use it. I would rather have it in pill form. I do not feel it is any different than when I have severe nerve pain or something else and given a prescription for Vicodin or another pain reliever. I remember the agony of inner hemorrhoids developed after stomach issues on a missions trip. I was thanking God for modern medicine in America when I took pain relievers before an operation at that time. Friendly Face
12/18/18 12:46 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Of course, but it doesn’t have to be smoked. Acts-pert Poster
12/18/18 2:53 pm

Post diakoneo
Yes, I would if it was legal and worked for pain and nausea and I needed it.

Have you ever looked at the ingredients in Nyquil?? Shocked
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/18/18 10:16 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
diakoneo wrote:

That’s just it. We get prescribed narcotics all the time but condemn those who drink a little wine for their many infirmities. So, which is Biblical?
Acts-pert Poster
12/19/18 7:18 am

Post UncleJD
Eddie Robbins wrote:
diakoneo wrote:

That’s just it. We get prescribed narcotics all the time but condemn those who drink a little wine for their many infirmities. So, which is Biblical?

Like Chris Rock said "The government doesn't care about you using drugs, they just want you to use THEIR drugs!"
12/19/18 9:41 am

Post diakoneo
Eddie Robbins wrote:
diakoneo wrote:

Exactly...

NyQuil helps you rest.... Wonder why? Laughing
12/19/18 8:20 pm

Post Cojak
I don't know, but I would not feel bad or throw a righteous fit if a christian or pastor did it.

It is easy to say what I will do when not in pain. But in excruciating pain and prayer did not help, I might turn to it or bourbon. BUT since I have never been in terrible pain, I mean screaming pain. I don't know what I would do. I learned a long time ago, don't use that never word.....!!

Idea
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/20/18 12:23 am

Post FLRon
I would certainly use it in medicinal form and likely wouldn't think twice about it. Seems like the majority here favor that position. But how would you react if your denomination came out with a position paper condemning it's use in any form? Would you follow the company line or would you do what was necessary for you to get relief from pain?

Wonder what the Apostle Paul would say about this,or Dr. Luke for that matter?
12/20/18 7:27 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
CBD oil is really the very best option. Like grape juice, it has no intoxicating effect, and unlike ibuprofen and acetaminophen, it cannot be overdosed on. And yet it has shown much promise regarding pain control.

That said, if Mary Jane were legitimately prescribed by a physician, I don’t see how it would be ethically different from, say, Vicodin.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/20/18 8:33 am

Post Cojak
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
CBD oil is really the very best option. Like grape juice, it has no intoxicating effect, and unlike ibuprofen and acetaminophen, it cannot be overdosed on. And yet it has shown much promise regarding pain control.

That said, if Mary Jane were legitimately prescribed by a physician, I don’t see how it would be ethically different from, say, Vicodin.

I agree here on the comparison. Cool
12/21/18 8:26 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
I have a family member who has been prescribed Vicodin for years.
Couple years ago he was prescribed medical marijuana.
He barely smokes a little & the pain is gone & he is not addicted to Vicodin.
His health has increased dramatically.
This is a rare circumstance but honestly I see the joy of the Lord in his life again & no it's not the joy of the smoke lol.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
12/22/18 4:40 pm

Post Link
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
This is a rare circumstance but honestly I see the joy of the Lord in his life again & no it's not the joy of the smoke lol.

Why would he have to smoke it?
12/27/18 10:45 am

Post Cojak
I have never used pot, but smoked a pipe and cigarettes for years. Is the results the same smoking and ? how ever else it is used. BTW if not smoked, how is it used? pill, injection or rubbing it on? Confused
12/27/18 10:22 pm

Post p5harri
This thread reminds me of my father.

Back in younger days (think 70's and 80's), my father and I would be just chatting about fishing, horses, or girls and then a out of nowhere he would blurt out.:"What's it like to smoke marijuana?".

I'd look at him and go "I don't know", because I really didn't. I mean this was the 70's and a lot of my friends did, but not me.
12/28/18 10:09 am

Post Cojak
p5harri wrote:
This thread reminds me of my father.

Back in younger days (think 70's and 80's), my father and I would be just chatting about fishing, horses, or girls and then a out of nowhere he would blurt out.:"What's it like to smoke marijuana?".

I'd look at him and go "I don't know", because I really didn't. I mean this was the 70's and a lot of my friends did, but not me.

1970s I was stationed in Key West. Instructor in Naval Intelligence Processing, when someone interrupted my class saying my wife was outside and needed to see me immediately (long before cells).
Outside she was crying with something she had found when cleaning the house. BESIDE her on the FRONT SEAT was Some crushed leaves in a baggie, a bag of seeds, cigarette rolling paper, a couple pipes, etc.
I had never seen MJ other than in 'don't' instruction movies of the military.

"Honey, you drove thru the gate and brought this to a TS facility and got thru our gate?" (I could just hear her explain that to the SP's on duty.) I immediately got rid of it, shading part of my actions from the cameras. Of course I had a 'talk' with my son a senior in HS.
I always wondered if those seeds grew, I never checked. LOL
12/28/18 1:00 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Link wrote:
Dean Steenburgh wrote:

Why would he have to smoke it?

Good question:
He was involved in a head-on collision a few years ago & it crushed a vertebrae in his back. The crash also ended his football career in college & his plans to play in the NFL.
The spongey, muscle type insulator between the vertebrae are crushed so it's bone to bone in a couple of places ...very painful.
He's constantly in severe pain & never complains but he's also very devout in his ministry work & hasn't taken Vicodin for a long time.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
12/29/18 4:07 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic