Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Can't Trump at Least PRETEND to be a Christian?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Can't Trump at Least PRETEND to be a Christian? FG Minister
Maybe not the best virtue to PRETEND Christianity, but when an entire front row of presidents and spouses are all reciting the Apostles Creed and singing hymns at a state funeral, you would at least think he could fake it! But no, our President is so far above the other presidents and even God, that he doesn't dare utter praise to anyone other than himself. I guess that's why we aren't surprised, when asked at Thanksgiving, "what are you thankful for Mr. President?" And he answered "Me." But again, this is the guy who said he didn't know of anything of which he needed to ask God's forgiveness. Wow! The hubris of this man.

But get this - EVANGELICALS will still look the other way and defend him. If Obama had done this, Mr. Jeffers and Mrs. Paula White would be in their pulpits this Sunday denouncing the Muslim Mr. Obama. And many on this board would join them.
Acts-celerater
12/6/18 11:39 am

Post FLRon
Why would you want anyone to pretend to be a Christian? Is it just so he will look like he cares? What good does that really do? I don’t care for the man, but that doesn’t mean I want him parading around like he is a God fearing man when he obviously isn’t.
He is who he is, and short of conversion he will never be anything else. It is fruitless to wish anything more from him. He will never fit the mold of a traditional president, whatever that is, so there is no point in being disappointed in his actions. He was elected warts and all, and it’s pretty obvious that having the title to the highest office in the nation doesn’t change that fact.
12/6/18 12:01 pm

Post Why Pretend? FG Minister
Because you are in a church. Because you are at a Christian funeral. Because you are the President of the United States; in God we Trust - remember. Because you were voted into office by Evangelical Christians and they are watching you on TV. Because you have said "and may God bless the United States of America" on several occasions. Because we are told you are a Christian.

The greater question is WHY DID HE NOT sing the songs of the church and repeat the Apostle's Creed? What is going on in his head that he, as a Presbyterian, did not need to do that? He made the choice NOT to participate. Why?

BTW - Pretend to be a Christian is not the best way to make my point. I should have said "can't he just go with the flow." When in Rome...

You also pose the question - what good would it do for him to "play along?" A lot of good if you are Trump. It means you look like a President and you are standing with your equals. It means the Christian people who are watching might be impressed and might vote for you again when they see you singing hymns; they might think you are one of them! It can do him A LOT of good - but he's too egotistical to realize it.
Acts-celerater
12/6/18 12:26 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
There's absolutely nothing that 45 cultists won't defend. This thread should be good!

Maybe Trump's a Nicene guy, and that's the explanation his evangelical defenders will offer. Laughing
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/6/18 12:39 pm

Post Re: Why Pretend? Dave Dorsey
FG Minister wrote:
Because you are in a church. Because you are at a Christian funeral. Because you are the President of the United States; in God we Trust - remember. Because you were voted into office by Evangelical Christians and they are watching you on TV. Because you have said "and may God bless the United States of America" on several occasions. Because we are told you are a Christian.

Right, exactly. After all, nobody reads the Bible more than Trump, according to Trump (https://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/donald-trump-nobody-reads-the-bible-more-than-me.html).

After all, 100 leading evangelical ministers gave Trump a signed Bible with the inscription "History will record the greatness that you have brought for generations". (https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/evangelicals-white-house-history-will-record-greatness-trump-has)

I was looking ahead at the program, and from the very second I saw the Apostles' Creed, I was waiting for the shot of Trump with his hands at his sides, mouth still and slient. I knew 100% it was coming and I was not disappointed.

Evangelicals have sold their souls in exchange for a few years of victory in the "culture wars". Some of those evangelicals are right here on this forum, and I'm sure they'll be along shortly with their angry replies and their empty bowls of stew.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/6/18 12:47 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
https://babylonbee.com/news/winning-trump-memorized-the-whole-apostles-creed-and-recited-it-quietly-in-his-head-so-as-not-to-draw-attention-to-himself

Quote:
Wow!

Get a load of this: while attention-seeking people like the Clintons, the Obamas, and everyone else in the venue felt the need to recite the Apostles' Creed loudly and boastfully at a memorial service for George H.W. Bush yesterday, there was one man of humility present.

That man was President Donald Trump. The guy obviously had the Apostles' Creed memorized word for word, and didn't need to read off a program like some kind of a religious weakling.

In fact, he's so pious that he didn't want to draw attention to himself, so he just recited it quietly in his head, as is his custom.

Amazing!

"I am the best at memorizing creeds," he told reporters. "The very best. All these losers here, they had to read off the program. Sad! Very bad look!" When asked what his favorite Bible verse was, Trump used some master 4D chess skills and replied, "I don't want to come off as bragging about all my bibley knowledge. My actions speak for themselves."

Awesome. It's great to have such a Christian leader of our nation!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/6/18 1:00 pm

Post I don't defend Trump....on some things you cannot...it's the platform... caseyleejones
I cannot side with a platform that embraces most every godless act. That is the democrats.

So are the other potuses faking? Likely.
Acts-perienced Poster
12/6/18 1:14 pm

Post Re: I don't defend Trump....on some things you cannot...it's the platform... Dave Dorsey
caseyleejones wrote:

Are the Clintons and the Obamas genuine believers? I don't know. But they at least come from Christian traditions, especially the Clintons, who have been Baptists (Bill) and Methodists (Hillary) all of their lives. Obama came to Christian faith later in life, but still has a lineage of practice in the Christian tradition, unlike Trump who by his own admission has never repented to God for anything and is not, according to the pastors of the church, an active member of the church he claims to attend.

In 2008, Obama told Christianity Today, "I am a Christian, and I am a devout Christian. I believe in the redemptive death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I believe that faith gives me a path to be cleansed of sin and have eternal life."

Donald Trump, when defending his statement about not repenting, said "Why do I have to repent or ask for forgiveness, if I am not making mistakes? I work hard, I'm an honorable person."

One of these two men is viewed as an evangelical savior; the other is viewed by many evangelicals as an anti-christ. You'll never guess which is which.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/6/18 1:21 pm

Post Re: I don't defend Trump....on some things you cannot...it's the platform... Nature Boy Florida
Dave Dorsey wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:

Are the Clintons and the Obamas genuine believers? I don't know. But they at least come from Christian traditions, especially the Clintons, who have been Baptists (Bill) and Methodists (Hillary) all of their lives. Obama came to Christian faith later in life, but still has a lineage of practice in the Christian tradition, unlike Trump who by his own admission has never repented to God for anything and is not, according to the pastors of the church, an active member of the church he claims to attend.

In 2008, Obama told Christianity Today, "I am a Christian, and I am a devout Christian. I believe in the redemptive death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I believe that faith gives me a path to be cleansed of sin and have eternal life."

Donald Trump, when defending his statement about not repenting, said "Why do I have to repent or ask for forgiveness, if I am not making mistakes? I work hard, I'm an honorable person."

One of these two men is viewed as an evangelical savior; the other is viewed by many evangelicals as an anti-christ. You'll never guess which is which.

The question is asked:
would you rather have someone say they would do something for you that you needed done - and then didn't do it;
or
have someone say they couldn't do it - but then got it done?

Morons get this question and answer wrong.

Last edited by Nature Boy Florida on 12/6/18 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-pert Poster
12/6/18 1:32 pm

Post Re: I don't defend Trump....on some things you cannot...it's the platform... Dave Dorsey
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
The question is asked:
would you rather of have someone say they would do something for you that you needed done - and then didn't do it;
or

I suspect a moron would be the only person who could even attempt to understand such an incoherent question and post. Try again, maybe?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/6/18 1:36 pm

Post Re: I don't defend Trump....on some things you cannot...it's the platform... Nature Boy Florida
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
The question is asked:
would you rather of have someone say they would do something for you that you needed done - and then didn't do it;
or

I suspect a moron would be the only person who could even attempt to understand such an incoherent question and post. Try again, maybe?

I certainly consider you to be the moron expert around here Dave.
12/6/18 2:28 pm

Post NBF is Playing the Old Shell Game FG Minister
Look at the shiny object. No, look, its a squirrel. Look at that butterfly! Trump brings the results that NBF and so many others like (me included on many issues), but they refuse to condemn his conduct. NBF tries to change the subject from Trump's supposed Christianity to have us look at the results he's bringing the country. Sorry - there ain't no shiny object throwing me off. He's a despicable, vulgar man, no matter how many evangelicals extol his virtues. I'm not buying what Jeffers an NBF are selling. Acts-celerater
12/6/18 7:08 pm

Post Re: I don't defend Trump....on some things you cannot...it's the platform... Eddie Robbins
Dave Dorsey wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:

That’ll preach.....but not in right-wing evangelical circles. Better stick with the baby Christian excuse.
Acts-pert Poster
12/6/18 8:54 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
It neither surprised nor bothered me that the supremely self-worshipping Trump didn’t recite the creed. Actually, I found it far more repulsive seeing the Obamas and the Clintons acting like Christians than Trump not acting like one. Reciting a creed proves nothing really about one’s spiritual state.

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 12/6/18 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/6/18 10:47 pm

Post Cojak
I'm guessing. He knows he was not wanted there to begin with but knew the hit the fan thing would happen if he did not attend.

It is also possible/probable he didn't know the songs or creed to recite. Can you imagine the news reports the 'lip readers' could have come up with. Repeating the wrong words or stammering.

I just read a headline on the internet that read something like this:
"Here is what the lip readers report the heads of state talked about during the funeral!"

It is pitiful in this world today that 'sports coaches must cover their mouths when talking to a player or on the phone. Or that EVERYONE in the spot light must have the correct facial expressions, hundreds of cameras just looking for that ONE 'sneer, frown or grin' used at the WRONG TIME.

I didn't know if Trump attended until later. I was glad he did, even for looks alone. He doesn't choose to satisfy me and he certainly will not satisfy anyone who is looking for reasons to criticize, he does give a lot of opportunities for that.

He actually amazes me. I would take my family and go enjoy life .

I don't even like it when folks criticize my pastor, even when he occasionally sorta asks for it. Like we all do. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/6/18 10:59 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
The words were written in his program. Everybody else read it. He stood there like they were reading it for him. 😂😂😂😂 Acts-pert Poster
12/7/18 7:13 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Eddie Robbins wrote:
The words were written in his program. Everybody else read it. He stood there like they were reading it for him. 😂😂😂😂

I have to admit I was disappointed to see Melania do the same. For some reason I thought she might be different, or some kind of tempering force on the president. I don't know why I thought that, and you'd think that "I don't really care, do u?" would have disabused me of the notion, but for some reason I still thought it might be the case. Oh well.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/7/18 7:42 am

Post Eddie Robbins
What I don’t understand is why he wouldn’t be smart enough to know that he would be criticized for it.. I just don’t get it. Again, had it been Clinton or Obama, the religious right-wing evangelical would have gone beeeeserck.

Here’s another side thing. I am seeing this clip of Trump talking about bringing back “Merry Christmas.” There is a YouTube clip of Obama saying it over and over. Pretty funny. President Bush was right. Trump is a blowhard.
Acts-pert Poster
12/7/18 7:49 am

Post UncleJD
Oh For Joy! Obama, the greatest Christian president of all time, recited the Apostles Creed! Now that makes up for all his efforts to kill babies, steel money from the people, fund terrorism, fight against the Constitution, shut down small business, force Christians to make gay-cakes! Praise Be! He knows the Creed!! WHOOOOP-TI-DOO!

I attend a non-creedal denomination, and won't recite a Roman Catholic creed either. Guess my denomination isn't good enough for the superior Christians that need to see the great Obama to feel good. I'll see if I can get them to promote LGBTQ/abortion, etc.. to make the real Christians happy.

Nope, I don't know if Trump is a Christian or not, but all I need to see is Obama reciting a Catholic creed, and I'm goose-bumpy, and Trump's evil!
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/7/18 10:57 am

Post Dave Dorsey
UncleJD wrote:
I attend a non-creedal denomination, and won't recite a Roman Catholic creed either.

Would be really curious to know what part of the Apostles' Creed you find objectionable to the point of rejection.

I don't attend a creedal church, but still rejoice at every opportunity I get to declare my faith with the holy catholic church of past and present. I love reciting the Apostles' Creed. I can't imagine why an orthodox Christian would want to turn his or her nose at it.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/7/18 11:27 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic