Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Bishop Marlin Steenburgh (my Dad) received his eternal reward

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Bishop Marlin Steenburgh (my Dad) received his eternal reward Dean Steenburgh
For those who have sent encouraging words over the last few weeks let me say how much I appreciate your thoughtfulness.
As of last evening my Dad took his last breath here on this earth & took his place among the redeemed in heaven.
I am going to miss his wise council & easy listening ear.
My dad was credentialed in 1955 at the age of 17 & he & my mom were happily married for 61 years & 9 months exactly.
Their entire married life was also ministry life as he never stopped pastoring until last night.
He had an issue with the word retired Smile
He was 80 years young & stayed busy all the way until he couldn't any longer. My deep love & appreciation for he & mom is unmatched by their loyalty, dedication, integrity & life of being examples year in & year out.
Dad was the soft, easy going type but his ability to be long suffering & patient with people was a text book on loving people.
Next Friday afternoon at 3pm we will conduct his home going here at FCC.
I appreciate all of you who would say a few prayers for my mom, she really loves & misses my dad already.
Blessings, Dean

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
11/11/18 2:06 am

Post Eddie Robbins
I’m so sorry, Dean. Acts-pert Poster
11/11/18 6:35 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Very sorry to hear about your loss, Dean. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/11/18 6:41 am

Post jeremiah2911_4me
Praying for you and the family as you deal with the homegoing of your dad....blessings!
Acts-celerater
11/11/18 8:22 am

Post FLRon
Very sorry to hear of your dad’s passing Dean. What a testimony to incredible faithfulness in his personal life as well as the ministry. This is how life is supposed to be lived!
11/11/18 9:10 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Praying for the comfort like no other to be with you and yours, brother. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/11/18 9:39 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Losing your Dad is tough. But, I am sure he is proud he has you left to carry on in his place.
11/11/18 10:52 am

Post Preacher777
Dean, I am praying for you and your family at this very difficult time. Friendly Face
11/11/18 7:26 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
So sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. Losing a loving father, especially one who lived a life of service and integrity is one of the hardest things there is to deal with.

Prayers for you & your mom & family...
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/11/18 9:31 pm

Post Cojak
Ahhh yes my friend you will miss that wise council. But he will now meet my dad. It is hard to think that your dad was only a year older than I.

I know he will rest in the arms of our Lord's care, with all the joys of heaven to explore.

But all that said, "You will meet him in the MORNING!"
Love you my brother!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/11/18 10:25 pm

Post georgiapath
I am so sorry for your loss. Acts-dicted
11/12/18 2:35 pm

Post Travis Johnson
My thoughts and prayers are with you guys, Dean...much love your way! Acts-dicted
11/12/18 2:47 pm

Post diakoneo
Sorry for your loss and praying for you and your family!

Last edited by diakoneo on 11/13/18 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/12/18 9:18 pm

Post What an OUTSTANDING heritage you have! Aaron Scott
My dad was born in 1939, and it appears that your dad and mine would have been almost "twins" in the ministry.

I don't know if you've ever thought of it this way, Dean, but I imagine you feel the way I do when I say that I would rather have been born to my father as a humble preacher than to have been born to a billionaire, a CEO, a movie star, and conqueror, and so forth.

You were privileged to be given to the very best sort of man of God, I think. You can be proud of the life he lived...and you can be sure that all those lessons you learned from him--even the ones you cannot remember--are still demonstrated time after time in the way you conduct your life and the words you say.

I am thankful that you were privileged to live so much of your life as the son of such a man.

I was thinking how when I get off certain rides at an amusement park, I go "Wow! That was a great ride." But so often we become sad when we prepare to get of this ride called "life." And yet what a ride we've had so far--and with your dad with you until now! God is so good to grant us such years together. Some never even knew their father, but you truly can be understood to be one of the "sons of the prophets," you could say.

God bless you and be with you at this time. It's hard to lose someone who seems so head and shoulders above everyone else. But the God that brought him all the way through...will bring you all the way through.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/13/18 12:16 pm

Post Re: What an OUTSTANDING heritage you have! Dean Steenburgh
Aaron Scott wrote:
My dad was born in 1939, and it appears that your dad and mine would have been almost "twins" in the ministry.

I don't know if you've ever thought of it this way, Dean, but I imagine you feel the way I do when I say that I would rather have been born to my father as a humble preacher than to have been born to a billionaire, a CEO, a movie star, and conqueror, and so forth.

You were privileged to be given to the very best sort of man of God, I think. You can be proud of the life he lived...and you can be sure that all those lessons you learned from him--even the ones you cannot remember--are still demonstrated time after time in the way you conduct your life and the words you say.

I am thankful that you were privileged to live so much of your life as the son of such a man.

I was thinking how when I get off certain rides at an amusement park, I go "Wow! That was a great ride." But so often we become sad when we prepare to get of this ride called "life." And yet what a ride we've had so far--and with your dad with you until now! God is so good to grant us such years together. Some never even knew their father, but you truly can be understood to be one of the "sons of the prophets," you could say.

God bless you and be with you at this time. It's hard to lose someone who seems so head and shoulders above everyone else. But the God that brought him all the way through...will bring you all the way through.

Thank you Aaron for the encouragement.
Yes you're right, I'm far more grateful to have been born to a very humble, practical, tempered father than to be born in otherwise conditions.
My dad didn't leave me a fortune but his life pointed me towards one who will bestow upon me riches far greater than anyone can describe.
It took a few years to come to this type of understanding but today I'm more than appreciative for the legacy & the eternal blessings I've been afforded.
The baton has been handed off & now the goal is set before me, my only hope is that my sons will also follow in the line of their fathers. I knew 3 of my great grandfathers, both grandfathers & my dad, most of which were ministers.
God is good!

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
11/14/18 5:57 pm

Post Link
I'm sorry for your lost.

The dead in Christ shall rise first. We which are alive and remain shall be caught up to meet them together in the air, and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
11/14/18 6:35 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic