Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Is this head line a misprint?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Is this head line a misprint? Cojak
Jared Polis wins in Colorado, making him first openly fay man elected governor

My question is should that be Gay or Fay? I read the article and I didn't see an explanation.
My search did not clear it up....

reading the results of elections on the net has confused the daylights out of me. I have no idea if the Dems took in charge or the GOP held? REading the projections and results confused me.

Irt does look like Desantis and Scot by 1%. Does that require a recount...?
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/7/18 12:21 am

Post Dave Dorsey
It is a misprint. Polis is the first gay governor, although Oregon governor Kate Brown is a bisexual.

In terms of results, the Dems took the House as expected and the GOP held the Senate as expected. The margins are yet to be determined, but it looks like a modest House majority for the Dems and gains in the Senate for the GOP.

In Florida Gillum has conceded, but Scott/Nelson will undergo an automatic recount.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/7/18 7:22 am

Post Let's go with "fey" instead. Aaron Scott
Kind of the same thing. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/7/18 12:00 pm

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
It is a misprint. Polis is the first gay governor, although Oregon governor Kate Brown is a bisexual.

In terms of results, the Dems took the House as expected and the GOP held the Senate as expected. The margins are yet to be determined, but it looks like a modest House majority for the Dems and gains in the Senate for the GOP.

In Florida Gillum has conceded, but Scott/Nelson will undergo an automatic recount.

Thanks DD, it was a serious inquiry. I could just see another letter added to that LGBQ... etc list.
WE have had TOO many CLOSE, very CLOSE elections. I think it is fairly easy to see a real approach to Liberalism.

The only thing that forces the USA to its knees is SUPER TRAGEDIES, AND i AM not anxious to see that.

Anyway thanks. I also did not know yet about the recount!
Cool
11/8/18 8:28 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
You're very welcome, my friend. Also, it appears that Gillum has un-conceded. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/8/18 8:31 pm

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
You're very welcome, my friend. Also, it appears that Gillum has un-conceded.

Uh oh, another Bush/whats his name dilemma! Shocked
11/8/18 10:43 pm

Post Link
I met a governor at Costco once and introduced myself. She introduced me to her friend who was shopping with her, a woman with short spikey hair. It hadn't occured to me before this, but the governor did not seem all that feminine. She'd never married. My wife shook her hand and thanked her for not approving gay marriage. I felt a little uncomfortable with that comment, since I was wondering what the deal was with the 'friend.'

Later, I heard rumors that the governor was that way, but wasn't open about it. I don't know for sure if it was true or not.
11/10/18 2:27 am

Post Cojak
Link wrote:
I met a governor at Costco once and introduced myself. She introduced me to her friend who was shopping with her, a woman with short spikey hair. It hadn't occured to me before this, but the governor did not seem all that feminine. She'd never married. My wife shook her hand and thanked her for not approving gay marriage. I felt a little uncomfortable with that comment, since I was wondering what the deal was with the 'friend.'

Later, I heard rumors that the governor was that way, but wasn't open about it. I don't know for sure if it was true or not.

I prefer the closet. And if not, I do not like my nose rubbed in it. It gets a little tiresome for every minority to actually expect to be treated as a majority! Embarassed
11/10/18 12:00 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic