Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Exodus

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Exodus cogcia
The Exodus continues. How long until someone notices. Our state is losing pastors, ministers, church planters, churches and properties. People that have given years of service to the COG are being mistreated. We have lost so much in just a few years due to leadership mishaps. Our pastors know they can’t question the leadership or they will be removed. They have seen it happen and know better than to challenge the Authority. It makes me wonder is anyone even paying attention or are numbers being twisted so headquarters don’t catch on. Can we survive like this until Assembly? Had a few pastors to ask is it headquarters intentions to see this state fold. Friendly Face
11/8/18 3:47 pm

Post Re: Exodus Quiet Wyatt
cogcia wrote:
The Exodus continues. How long until someone notices. Our state is losing pastors, ministers, church planters, churches and properties. People that have given years of service to the COG are being mistreated. We have lost so much in just a few years due to leadership mishaps. Our pastors know they can’t question the leadership or they will be removed. They have seen it happen and know better than to challenge the Authority. It makes me wonder is anyone even paying attention or are numbers being twisted so headquarters don’t catch on. Can we survive like this until Assembly? Had a few pastors to ask is it headquarters intentions to see this state fold.

If another church left the CoG, surely it’s not a secret at this point, is it?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/8/18 4:21 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
What state is this?
11/9/18 10:44 am

Post I remember the first time Actscelerate "scared" leadership Aaron Scott
It was many years ago, but someone made it pretty clear that the overseer of some state had done this or that. Now, I don't remember the names or the details, just that it was the first time that I had known of the field getting leadership's attention like that.

I'm not saying the person making the accusations was in the right! I'm simply saying that I seemed to detect that state offices wanted to be sure not to step on toes (as much as possible), since it might wind up on Actscelerate.

My family, so far as I know, has always had a good relationship with our state overseers, but most of us have been around long enough to know that sometimes overseers can play hardball (but, to be fair, the great D.A. Biggs said that it didn't matter what decision he made, some were going to like him, and others were not going to like him).

HOWEVER, all that came about precisely because we could use pen names. I doubt anyone would have posted such a challenge under their real name (at least if they had anything to lose).

Sadly, the Excellent Ministry of the Church of God Facebook page requires (as does pretty much all of FB) one to use their real name. So you can be sure that no one is going to be naming names, so to speak. In fact, just as it happened on Actscelerate, if someone was using their real name, they were sure to be either congratulatory...or very, very careful.

At the same time, FB is the current wave of social media (and it's getting old now, too). If we can find a way to bring Actscelerate into the current field of social media, while allowing pen names (if desired), I don't know if it would be much different (since we may have already vented all we had to say when we were using pen names) that what we have now.

But I do miss those Wild West days when we could discuss just about anything...and do it sincerely or in jest...without having to worry that someone would spread an ill word about us.

Sigh......
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/9/18 5:09 pm

Post Cojak
Since the subject is alive I have a question about the Clermont, FL COG. Wife and I attended several times before learning they could not raise the millions$ and the city now has the property. I do not know, but HEARD, that the pastor took some of the congregation and went independent.

Then we read on the net some were using the same name and trying to get another COG going. I got the address and drove over and could find nothing, so we just gave up.

Does anyone know the real story? We will be in that area again after the first of the year and be looking for a church again.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/9/18 9:39 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic