Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Some early voting numbers

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Some early voting numbers Resident Skeptic
Early votes:

#Ohio
Dems 274,731
Reps 348,451

#Indiana
Dems 131,457
Reps 205,284

#Georgia
Dems 586,389
Reps 690,171

#Florida

Dems 1,365,812
Reps 1,489,266

#Arizona
Dems 418,239
Reps 561,181

#Colorado
Dems 332,520
Reps 343,854

#Michigan
Dems 215,716
Reps 330,540
11/1/18 8:24 pm

Post UncleJD
impressive. The media was bragging about early voting enthusiasm being a sign of the democrat blue wave. It looks like the house is going blue according to the polls , but I pray its the same fake-news we heard about the polls in 2016. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/2/18 8:55 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Source on this?

I ask because Michigan does not have early voting, and does not register voters by party. So a claim that half a million people have voted early in Michigan (separated by party ID) is obviously false and calls the rest of the list into question as well.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/5/18 5:15 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Source on this?

I ask because Michigan does not have early voting, and does not register voters by party. So a claim that half a million people have voted early in Michigan (separated by party ID) is obviously false and calls the rest of the list into question as well.

Absentee ballots returned.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/10/21/michigan-democrats-absentee-ballots-voter-turnout/1696773002/
11/5/18 6:05 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/10/21/michigan-democrats-absentee-ballots-voter-turnout/1696773002/

Can you point me to where in this article I can find the numbers you listed, broken down by party? I am not seeing them.

This article appears to be about the number of absentee ballots requested and says nothing about ballots returned, unless I am not seeing what you are seeing.

Can you also share your source for the rest of the numbers so it can be evaluated.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/5/18 7:02 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Can you point me to where in this article I can find the numbers you listed, broken down by party? I am not seeing them.

This article appears to be about the number of absentee ballots requested and says nothing about ballots returned, unless I am not seeing what you are seeing.

Can you also share your source for the rest of the numbers so it can be evaluated.

The article was posted to demonstrate that with absentee ballots in Michigan, there is a way to determine party affiliation.

As for the stats, they need to be updated. I will post new numbers today.
11/5/18 9:06 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Florida final early voting numbers

More than 38 percent of registered Floridians have already voted -- a record for any election and unheard of in an election without a presidential candidate on the ballot.

Slightly more Democratic voters have cast ballots (not good) than Republicans but nearly 1 in 5 votes are from voters with no political party.

In North Florida Flagler and St Johns counties have had over 44% of registered voters already cast votes. (Both are heavy Republican counties).

So - who knows?
11/5/18 9:11 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
The article was posted to demonstrate that with absentee ballots in Michigan, there is a way to determine party affiliation.

Can you please point me to the place in the article where that is demonstrated? This article appears to concern only requested ballots, and even then, does not offer any kind of party affiliation breakdown for those requested ballots unless there is something that I missed. The only thing I see is conjecture about party based on the demographics. Please show me what I am missing.

Quote:

Okay... when you do, could you please also post your source, so it can be evaluated?

Can you post a source for the rest of the numbers you have already posted?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/5/18 9:23 am

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Can you please point me to the place in the article where that is demonstrated? This article appears to concern only requested ballots, and even then, does not offer any kind of party affiliation breakdown for those requested ballots unless there is something that I missed. The only thing I see is conjecture about party based on the demographics. Please show me what I am missing.

Quote:

Okay... when you do, could you please also post your source, so it can be evaluated?

All this is neat to know, but tomorrow we will know. NOV 6th is THE DAY!

Just so you guys will know the president and thousands of politicians want you to know tomorrow is special, VERY SPECIAL. I don't know how they knew, but they are excited because it is my wife's 81st birthday. RED Lobster will be packed tomorrow night to celebrate. I am sure the President will show up unannounced.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sorry RS, I don't mean to hijack. The numbers are interesting, I do hope tomorrow is RED!.

I thought that Red lobster might be prophetic. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/5/18 10:35 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Quote:

As for the source, someone is graciously sharing things with me from a service they pay for. If they give me permission, I will PM you later with the name.

I will say this, though. GOP early voting and absentee ballots have rocked the political world. Notice how the media is backtracking on this "blue wave" talk. Election day itself will be the key. The GOP usually does better on election day itself, and makes up lost ground then. This year, they have outpaced the Dems in early voting. Now, this could mean that less reserves remain to show up on election day for the GOP. Plus, we have no way to gauge which way independents will go. So, we will see.
11/5/18 10:42 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
As for the source, someone is graciously sharing things with me from a service they pay for. If they give me permission, I will PM you later with the name.

Okay. No disrespect intended, but without a source that can be critically evaluated, these numbers might as well be your picks for the Powerball drawing. They're especially so given the the way the Michigan numbers were presented, when it is not possible for Michigan numbers to be presented like that.

Quote:
I will say this, though. GOP early voting and absentee ballots have rocked the political world. Notice how the media is backtracking on this "blue wave" talk.

Seems like something that would make GOP voters who are busy on election day feel more comfortable about staying home. Things that make you go "hmm".
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/5/18 10:53 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic