Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Tree of Life Synagogue shooting

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Tree of Life Synagogue shooting FLRon
I understand that no one has the answer to the question I’m about to ask, but how on earth does a human being living in a civilized society descend to such a depraved state that they can be so consumed with hate?
Yes, sin is at the root of it all, I think we can all agree with that. Yet that seems almost “too easy”, as if such a horrific act is almost getting a pass.

Below is a sample of what I’m talking about:

“On Gab.com, a website that is popular with the alt-right, Bowers posted a photo of three handguns that he called his "glock family," and he wrote, "jews are the children of satan." Bowers was also fixated on a group called the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society -- or HIAS -- which helps refugees settle in the U.S.

In his last post before the shooting, Bowers wrote, "HIAS likes to bring invaders in that kill our people. I can't sit by and watch my people get slaughtered. Screw your optics, I'm going in."”
https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/pittsburgh-shooting-synagogue-today-suspect-robert-bowers-squirrel-hill-live-updates-2018-10-29/
10/30/18 4:56 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
“How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!“ [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/30/18 6:24 pm

Post UncleJD
There is no explanation for it other than extreme evil. I hesitate to call it "insanity" because I believe he should pay for his crime. I don't believe society is at fault (any more than anywhere else in the broken world is at fault). America, and especially the American conservative, has always valued Jews and Israel here. More so than any on the left, we have always advocated FOR Jews and Israel. This is what the media just doesn't portray, and many Americans are losing sight of. The extreme "right" as its called, is as foreign to most conservatives as the extreme left is. I digress though. This guy is, thankfully, in a very tiny minority, and I wish we were allowed to come together as Americans to voice what our President has said, that there is no place for this evil here. I think the media and the left is undermining that message and further feeding the fire of anyone on the extremities of both sides of politics with their endless rhetoric and couching of their political opponents as somehow complicit in this horrendous event. God help America and God bless the seed of Jacob, wherever they may be. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/31/18 8:31 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
There is never a good reason for evil. The mystery of iniquity/lawlessness is, by definition, completely contrary to reason. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/31/18 9:08 am

Post Cojak
UncleJD wrote:
There is no explanation for it other than extreme evil. I hesitate to call it "insanity" because I believe he should pay for his crime. I don't believe society is at fault (any more than anywhere else in the broken world is at fault). America, and especially the American conservative, has always valued Jews and Israel here. More so than any on the left, we have always advocated FOR Jews and Israel. This is what the media just doesn't portray, and many Americans are losing sight of. The extreme "right" as its called, is as foreign to most conservatives as the extreme left is. I digress though. This guy is, thankfully, in a very tiny minority, and I wish we were allowed to come together as Americans to voice what our President has said, that there is no place for this evil here. I think the media and the left is undermining that message and further feeding the fire of anyone on the extremities of both sides of politics with their endless rhetoric and couching of their political opponents as somehow complicit in this horrendous event. God help America and God bless the seed of Jacob, wherever they may be.
Thumb Up
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/31/18 8:59 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic