Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

If you care about people who are fleeing from repressive countries in search of asylum...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post If you care about people who are fleeing from repressive countries in search of asylum... Dave Dorsey
...then you should be really stirred up about this whole caravan thing.

Under U.S. law, everyone on earth has a right to present themselves at the United States border and request asylum. Following this request, there is a judicial process that evaluates the request and makes a determination. As with anything else, these resources are limited.

Economic migration is a perfectly valid reason to immigrate to another country. But economic need is not a basis for receiving a grant of asylum, and when economic migrants tie up the judicial process, they are denying access to people who are legitimately fleeing tyranny and have a legitimate cause for receiving asylum. It's pretty upsetting, to be honest.

If someone wants to immigrate to the United States for economic reasons, I'm all for it. I treasure the fact that I live in a country that others would leave everything for. But there's a process for that, and everyone who tries to dodge that process makes life harder for people who are following it legitimately.

My two cents.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/26/18 12:41 pm

Post UncleJD
Agreed. This hurts real people who really want to come to America. These Honduran flag-waiving, paid troublemakers have no real desire to be American at all, they want to make waives and stir up trouble and are being paid and transported to do so. The flag-waiving itself is 100% proof that they are not in need of asylum. Its sad that so many weak-minded Americans can't see the truth due to their hatred of Trump. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/26/18 1:14 pm

Post Cojak
Having been to some of these countries I must agree about wanting to reach the 'promised land'. I have told my wife many times while over there, I would be trying to get into the states anyway I could, because I KNOW the difference.

But I have hiked 1900+ miles. I know it takes money to walk that far. As a matter of fact walking that far would cost an average South, Central American, or Mexican a couple years wages to go just 1500 miles. YES someone is paying for food, clothes,water, & transportation for that many people. If an American can be proven to be financing this they should be prosecuted for aiding and abetting an invasion.

When you approach our boarders waving a flag of another, as has been said, that is an invasion. And if they desecrate 'MY countries ensign' they are worse.

JMO
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/26/18 9:13 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic