Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Death, money and family

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Death, money and family Cojak
I am just wanting to dump my feelings tonight. My dad's family (my siblings) never had a problem at deaths. We attended funerals laughed joked and had a great time with kin we had not seen for awhile. After the funeral someone settled the estate there was NO residual animosity. Then my sister died. Her hubby had been a successful COG pastor and overseer. She appointed me (over my objections) as executer. )
I knew there would be a problem, so I turned it over to an attorney. I only signed the papers. There has been no communications with the family since the settlement. BTW I took nothing, not even the standard money offered the executer. They had a wonderful family. I loved them and held them high in respect. The son was once my pastor and we had no problems.

Then my Brother died. He was the most successful of our siblings, he was worth more than a million $cash plus a huge beautiful house I built him. We talked many times when I was building the home. He told me he was assigning one of his DIL's as executrix . I cannot trust the boys to do the right thing.

I brought this up because Daddy wanted his Bible to stay in the oldest surviving sons home. I delivered it today.
His sons are now at odds. They have never been so.

I was sick as I left the trailer, I hate to say 'redneck,' but half a million has been used to remodel a trailer. There is a 1/2 mile drive to the trailer with pot holes that about swallowed my car.

I love these boys. One used to attend a church that the pastor is a commenter here. When my wife asked it they still attended the church, the answer was, "Not exactly".

It is amazing what money will do to a family at death.

I personally know a family that fell out over the only thing the dad owned which was a wide screen TV.

Money is definitely a root of evil!

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/5/18 9:44 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
My father died in June of this year. My sister spent the last few months he was alive trying to convince him to change his will for her benefit. He was not even room temperature and she was scurrying around asking people if my Dad had ever mentioned anything about intending to change his will. She thought the proof of intent would stand up in court. She is still not I ware that I know any of this. But with knee surgery , 6 weeks on crutches, 8 week ordeal with shingles, 4 days in the hospital from a tick bite, 8 months out of work and Summer graduate school, my mental plate was full. There was no room in my life for a confrontation. I must confront her at some point, I know. Probably when I approach her about buying her out.

I struggle daily with depression over this. The feelings of betrayal are tough to deal with. I'm not bitter or unforgiving. But I do not trust her. It is evident how little she thinks of me. So I pretend like all is normal when she is around. But I cannot go on like this forever with no resolution.
10/9/18 1:09 pm

Post FLRon
If you ever want to see how powerful greed really is, watch how it rips families apart when someone dies. When my mother passed all of us kids chipped in to pay for her funeral,which was about $1500.0 each. All except my youngest sister that is.

I found out later that no only did she not contribute,which she was able to do, but she took the money from a local lodge my Mom belonged to that they had collected for her. I was told it was over $3300.00.

Months later I get a call from the funeral home asking me if I could pay the balance,which just happened to be my sister's part. I told them to go after my sister because she had been given more than enough to pay it.
10/10/18 10:51 am

Post Cojak
FLRon wrote:
If you ever want to see how powerful greed really is, watch how it rips families apart when someone dies. When my mother passed all of us kids chipped in to pay for her funeral,which was about $1500.0 each. All except my youngest sister that is.

I found out later that no only did she not contribute,which she was able to do, but she took the money from a local lodge my Mom belonged to that they had collected for her. I was told it was over $3300.00.

Months later I get a call from the funeral home asking me if I could pay the balance,which just happened to be my sister's part. I told them to go after my sister because she had been given more than enough to pay it.

It is a shame that at a time families should be pulling together, something like that pulls them apart. WE hear too many stories of greed or selfishness at a death now.

I knew a man well that only had a wide screen that he owned at his death and the three sons fought over that. Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/10/18 1:53 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic