Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Daily glass of wine = early death (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Daily glass of wine = early death (L) Nature Boy Florida
Some of you jokers touting the health benefits of wine - may need to reevaluate.

https://www.studyfinds.org/daily-glass-wine-earlier-death-study-finds/
10/8/18 1:29 pm

Post Cojak
I am nearly 80 now, i'm guessing it is too late to worry about an early death. But I still want to be 90, so I will be careful..... Maybe just a glass of grape juice. Surely that ain't bad for you. But it might be next year.

I take all these studies with a grain of salt. They might just be right

I read the comments. I know we can find someone who never drank a drop of alcohol and died in their 30s, We can also find a wine drinker who lived to be over a hundred. Humans look at the studies and believe the ones they agree with, or that agree with them. we Poo Poo the ones we don't like. At least I do. So Imma gonna watch some wine drinkers I know to see if I out live them. Idea

NOTE: I think the people on Acts that have an opinion that drinking wine is not a sin are NOT saying THAT YOU SHOULD DRINK IT!

I feel that teaching it is a sin, is as bad as telling me that watching watching Roy Rogers was a sin.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/8/18 6:21 pm

Post Link
Interesting study, but notice the comparison was between two groups of drinkers not drinkers and teetolers. Doesn't the Bible indicate a little drinking was good for Timothy's illnesses? This advice came after Pauls charge keep yourself pure. He wanted Timothy to be pure, but maybe he knew Timothy was a teetolaler and considered that an unhealthy extreme.

It could be an optimal level is some small amount of alcohol per week like many first century saints may have done when they mixed a bit of wine with several parts water.
10/8/18 7:53 pm

Post And what was the life span ... Mat
Link wrote:
Interesting study, but notice the comparison was between two groups of drinkers not drinkers and teetolers. Doesn't the Bible indicate a little drinking was good for Timothy's illnesses? This advice came after Pauls charge keep yourself pure. He wanted Timothy to be pure, but maybe he knew Timothy was a teetolaler and considered that an unhealthy extreme.

It could be an optimal level is some small amount of alcohol per week like many first century saints may have done when they mixed a bit of wine with several parts water.

I must ask, what was the life span of the first century saints?

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
10/9/18 6:22 am

Post Re: And what was the life span ... Nature Boy Florida
Mat wrote:
Link wrote:

I must ask, what was the life span of the first century saints?

Mat

haha - nice one Mat.
10/9/18 7:27 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic