Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Kavanaugh looking bad

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Kavanaugh looking bad Nature Boy Florida
There is no way to look good disproving the negative.
Dems hammering why doesn't he call for an FBI investigation. I think it's effective - while I know they only want to slow the nomination down - and as soon as this is over they will call for another FBI investigation, etc...
Biggest problem is Kav doesn't resonate with conservative Christians...who he supposedly is the answer for conservatism on the court. he seems too much like a Bush conservative.
I say pull the nomination and try again.
9/27/18 5:42 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
This isn't about looking good or bad. He may or may not be confirmed, but I've listened to every minute of the hearing today and it's crystal clear that Judge Kavanaugh did not come here today to win confirmation. He came here to defend his name and his integrity, and the name and integrity of his family.

Pulling the nomination at this point would be the most disgraceful, cowardly thing the Republicans could do. It would be telling the Democrats that if they make someone toxic enough, even if they don't have any evidence to support their claims, it's sufficient to get the nomination pulled.

Hold the vote. If he's not confirmed, so be it, and they can try again.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/27/18 5:47 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
This isn't about looking good or bad. He may or may not be confirmed, but I've listened to every minute of the hearing today and it's crystal clear that Judge Kavanaugh did not come here today to win confirmation. He came here to defend his name and his integrity, and the name and integrity of his family.

Pulling the nomination at this point would be the most disgraceful, cowardly thing the Republicans could do. It would be telling the Democrats that if they make someone toxic enough, even if they don't have any evidence to support their claims, it's sufficient to get the nomination pulled.

Exactly.
9/27/18 5:49 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Actually I agree with you.

Vote Friday.

What I actually espoused was to pull the nomination before we let it get delayed for FBI reports ad nauseum.

If we vote tomorrow and Monday - I am good with that.

If we pull it - put the most staunch anti abortion woman available as the nominee.

I believe he is not guilty.

But hearing the testimony - I had another issue - I am sure he is a staunch conservative.
9/27/18 6:31 pm

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:

YES! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/28/18 5:20 pm

Post Cojak
Okay I am a little late, but my son sent me Kav-- opening statement, or defense. it was LOOOOONG but I read it. I think there is a limit to what someone will listen to and follow.
BUT, but if someone listened I think they would KNOW he was not at the party, or could basically verify that. To start with I think he should be exonerated.

I do not see how The FBI nor ANYONE, even the ones there can honestly relive that particular night. I am very disappointed that we have reached the point that accusations (especially this late in the game) can destroy a man who has been investigated by the FBI SIX times and several agencies many times and came out clean as a whistle!

This has opened a barrel of fish hooks to destroy many good men from accepting any appointment where they must be approved by Congress. This has bee sick.

Especially since this accusation has been around a long time and held to be used at the last minute.
This is sick! Shocked

PS: If the FBI comes back with damning evidence they will look pretty silly not finding it before. Shocked
9/30/18 8:16 pm

Post FLRon
This smear campaign is nothing more than the Left doing everything possible, ethical or not, to prevent the Supreme Court from being tilted to the Conservative side for the next who knows how long.

The Left is banking on winning several seats in the upcoming elections which they hope will give them the clout to deny any Conservative from reaching the SC bench.

I hate to say it, but I don’t see how Kavanaugh can get past this debacle because the Left smells blood and knows they have found a method to delay, delay, delay.
9/30/18 10:49 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Perhaps God is using the unfair attacks against Kavanaugh for our good.

All I heard was how serious a drinking problem he has always had. Not sure I want a Supreme Justice with that problem.

And that whole circle of friends and family that continually put 15 and 17 year olds into serious drinking parties - that whole group of parents needs to be ashamed. Where were they? Does anyone think you can leave teenagers alone without unlimited alcohol and there not be a problem?
10/1/18 6:54 am

Post You do wonder about the parents ... Mat
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

All I heard was how serious a drinking problem he has always had. Not sure I want a Supreme Justice with that problem.

And that whole circle of friends and family that continually to put teens into serious drinking parties - that whole group of parents needs to be ashamed. Where were they? Does anyone think you can leave teenagers alone without unlimited alcohol and there not be a problem?

You do wonder about the parents that allow such parties in their homes, and provide the acceptability to alcohol. Those who allow such activity and those who allow, even transport their children to such activity, are the real criminals.

Perhaps they should investigate the parents.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
10/1/18 8:19 am

Post Re: You do wonder about the parents ... Cojak
Mat wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

And that whole circle of friends and family that continually to put teens into serious drinking parties - that whole group of parents needs to be ashamed. Where were they? Does anyone think you can leave teenagers alone without unlimited alcohol and there not be a problem?

You do wonder about the parents that allow such parties in their homes, and provide the acceptability to alcohol. Those who allow such activity and those who allow, even transport their children to such activity, are the real criminals.

Perhaps they should investigate the parents.

Mat

YOu do have to wonder about those situations. Confused
10/1/18 9:02 pm

Post Bro Bob
James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

I was double minded.

She seemed very confused. She gave answers that I knew were wrong. She didn't know the meaning of words that are conversational, and she has a PHD and teaches at the college level? She uses that little girl "vocal fry" + "upspeak" voice and teaches in college? (For other psychology interested persons, google what that reveals).

But she seemed certain that it happened and that it was him on top of her.

Then he spoke and he answered questions. And he was not confused. And he was not faking tears, there was water on his cheeks.

I didn't know who to believe.

In this case, as in almost every question about what is just and true and moral the Bible is absolutely clear. In the Old Testament, in the New Testament. From Paul the apostle and Jesus our savior, BOTH of whom were falsely accused, yet with forgiveness for the accusers, in both cases lying accusers who were recruited by powerful groups of men who knew the testimony was false.

I'll go find the instructions in Deuteronomy of you can look em up yourself. I'll go find Mathew 18, or 2 Timothy, or you go. Read Acts 24... do it in the KJV and then the Berean Study Bible. NEVER is one accuser sufficient on any particular charge.

Or listen to federal and state and local prosecuters across the political spectrum. At this place and time there is NOTHING for us to decide. Our laws, as is perfectly clear from this one case, has its roots firmly established in the Holy Bible. And EVIL HATES THAT !!!

My heart and mind are clear. Remember when service wasn't over until all hearts and minds were clear?

Bro Bob
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
10/1/18 9:37 pm

Post UncleJD
Look at the polls in the red-states with democrat incumbents like ND and MO. They are flipping red because of the Kavanaugh issue. The only gains they are making off of their posturing are in dark blue states where they already had a lead. This isn't going well for them. Even if Kavanaugh caves in and withdraws, its energizing the GOP in a way that we couldn't have planned any better. if that happens, I pray the GOP retains the senate and that Trump nominates a hard-right female conservative. Before this, it looked like the GOP voters were sitting back and complacent, not anymore. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/2/18 11:18 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic