Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Tongues discussions and an encouraging testimony about today's service

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Tongues discussions and an encouraging testimony about today's service Preacher777
Several messages mention the decrease in tongues at churches that believe in initial evidence. If you are not seeing manifestations now hopefully these testimonies will encourage you. We have been at our church for 10 1/2 years and didn't see many manifestations of the Gifts for the first 6-7 years although we prayed regularly for them.

Today we had a 70 year-old woman give a message that was interpreted. The neat thing is that she was raised in church her whole life and played the organ at a large traditional Pentecostal church as a teenager. She started attending a year ago and after the service told me that this was the first time she ever gave a message in a public assembly.

About 3 years ago a 59 year-old man who has also been in church since childhood started attending and gave a message on his first visit that was right in line with my message. He is very humble and pretty much apologized and stated he was started to hold back becasue it was his first visit. Soon he was giving messages in tongues and interpreting on a frequent basis. Since he was also raised in church I assumed he gave messages throughout his life. However, he later told me he only gave messages 2 or 3 times in his life. We have another woman who has been in church about 40 years and she was shocked that God gave her an interpretation of a tongue at a Christmas Eve service (the Holy Spirit is free anytime)!

One of the regular prayers at our weekly Tuesday night prayer meetings is for the Gifts to operate in an orderly manner through different people. God is faithful and I believe the Holy Spirit still operates in services.
Friendly Face
9/16/18 5:43 pm

Post Cojak
That is good to hear my brother. Tongues are also in out local church on a sporadic basis, I appreciate that also.

I am sure there are many churches where 'an often' expression in tongues would not be appreciated, only due to past 'bad' experiences. I mean messages that were 'off the wall' and did not come true or happen. Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/16/18 10:26 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic