Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

McCain and the POW Cover-Up
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post dtgrant
Cojak wrote:
I personally know NO vets who consider McCain NOT a hero. Political decisions do NOT change the fact the man served his country. Of course I cannot know all vets. BUT the only ones I know personally that degrade the man are younger men who have not served their country.

I do not doubt many POWs/vets have made some bad decisions. I don't know about McCain, I do know I did not agree with all his stands. I did feel disappointed that he used his position to shoot holes in the presidents agenda, but I did understand it from a human standpoint, I had hoped he would have been above that. BUT he is still a hero.

In reading the article it seemed the author had an ax to grind and a lot of personal opinions of actions of others.

The man is buried, he was a hero. To try to degrade that is a shame. Now that too is an opinion. And I claim a right to mine. Idea

Again, the focus of the article and this post was Senator John McCains actions on the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs, in existence from August 2, 1991 to January 2, 1993.

Senator John McCain is dead but the POW/MIA issue is not dead.
Friendly Face
9/12/18 7:52 am

Post Re: Just one of the reasons why dtgrant
Dave Dorsey wrote:
dtgrant wrote:
We...

Quit this pretentious plural nonsense.

dtgrant wrote:
Many veterans believe that Senator John McCain's activities on the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs, in existence from August 2, 1991 to January 2, 1993, were a betrayal to Vietnam POW/MIA and their families.

Citation needed. You provided a single article with one writer's view on the issue. Justify your claim that "many" veterans believe this.

dtgrant wrote:
Apparently, we have become your enemy by merely exposing you to the truth -- not all veterans share your opinion about all things concerning Senator John McCain.

Are you a veteran?

(1) Using the plural 'we' is not 'pretentious' when speaking for more than one person.

(2) Obviously you have never been involved in a discussion of the Vietnam POW/MIA issue -- especially, the government sealing information from POW/MIA families -- which happened on Senator John McCains Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs.

Rolling Thunder Mission: Our Mission
"The major function of Rolling Thunder®, Inc. is to publicize the POW-MIA issue: To educate the public that many American Prisoners of War were left behind after all previous wars and to help correct the past and to protect future Veterans from being left behind should they become Prisoners of War-Missing In Action. We are also committed to helping American Veterans from all wars.
Rolling Thunder®, Inc. is a non-profit organization and everyone donates his or her time because they believe in the POW/MIA Issue."
http://www.rollingthunder1.com/

(3) Yes, I (Donnie) am a veteran ---
BUT, one need not to be a veteran to have a concern / opinion on the government sealing information from POW/MIA families -- which happened on Senator John McCain's Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs.
Friendly Face
9/12/18 7:57 am

Post Dave Dorsey
A link to Rolling Thunder's website does not constitute a citation for your claim that "many veterans believe that Senator John McCain's activities on the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs, in existence from August 2, 1991 to January 2, 1993, were a betrayal". [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/12/18 8:36 am

Post dtgrant
Dave Dorsey wrote:
A link to Rolling Thunder's website does not constitute a citation for your claim that "many veterans believe that Senator John McCain's activities on the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs, in existence from August 2, 1991 to January 2, 1993, were a betrayal".

The Rolling Thunder link is a citation that MANY veterans (and civilians) have not forgotten the Vietnam POW/MIA.

Contrary to what you apparently believe, -- NOT All veterans (and civilians have) supported Senator John McCain's actions on the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs, in existence from August 2, 1991 to January 2, 1993 ... concerning the Vietnam POW/MIA's issue.
Friendly Face
9/12/18 10:58 am

Post Dave Dorsey
dtgrant wrote:
The Rolling Thunder link is a citation that MANY veterans (and civilians) have not forgotten the Vietnam POW/MIA.

Uh... okay, yeah, I don't think that's in dispute.

The request for a citation was for your as-yet completely unsupported statement that "many veterans believe that Senator John McCain's activities on the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs, in existence from August 2, 1991 to January 2, 1993, were a betrayal" (emphasis mine).
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/12/18 12:21 pm

Post dtgrant
Dave Dorsey wrote:
dtgrant wrote:

Uh... okay, yeah, I don't think that's in dispute.

The request for a citation was for your as-yet completely unsupported statement that "many veterans believe that Senator John McCain's activities on the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs, in existence from August 2, 1991 to January 2, 1993, were a betrayal" (emphasis mine).

Yes it does, but apparently you reject the citation.

Just because we do not offer a link quoting our exact statement does not necessarily invalidate our statement.

BUT, if EXACT quote 'citations' are your standard --and that's the game you want to play --
Then it would be incumbent upon you to abide by your standard and game rules --
And provide a citation (with an exact quote) -- to support your claim that our statement is invalid without citation.
Friendly Face
9/12/18 3:11 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
It's clear you're not comprehending even the basic thread of what I'm saying, so I'll call it quits here. The point has been demonstrated sufficiently to anyone who is watching. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/12/18 3:36 pm

Post dtgrant
Dave Dorsey wrote:
It's clear you're not comprehending even the basic thread of what I'm saying, so I'll call it quits here. The point has been demonstrated sufficiently to anyone who is watching.

On the contrary, we clearly comprehend the game you were attempting play.

We agree, anyone watching can see you quit because you sufficiently demonstrated you are incapable of abiding by the standards and rules you demand of others.
Friendly Face
9/12/18 4:00 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
You made a wild, unsubstantiated claim that many veterans view McCain's actions on that committee as a betrayal. I asked for evidence of that being true.

There are no games being played, except the one you're playing because you know you can't back up what you said.

Everything else you've offered is either a smokescreen or a result of you being absolutely clueless. I don't think you're acting in bad faith, so I assume it's the latter.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/12/18 4:20 pm

Post dtgrant
Dave Dorsey wrote:
You made a wild, unsubstantiated claim that many veterans view McCain's actions on that committee as a betrayal. I asked for evidence of that being true.

There are no games being played, except the one you're playing because you know you can't back up what you said.

Everything else you've offered is either a smokescreen or a result of you being absolutely clueless. I don't think you're acting in bad faith, so I assume it's the latter.

We are merely playing the silly game you started Dave.

quote Dave: "You made a wild, unsubstantiated claim ... "
Without a credible, viable citation/evidence that comment does not meet the standards set by Dave Dorsey.

We are clueless?
Without a credible, viable citation/evidence that comment does not meet the standards set by Dave Dorsey.

We offered up smokescreen?
Without a credible, viable citation/evidence that comment does not meet the standards set Dave Dorsey.

Now, provide a citation to invalidate our statement -- "Many veterans believe that Senator John McCain's activities on the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs, in existence from August 2, 1991 to January 2, 1993, were a betrayal to Vietnam POW/MIA and their families.".
Friendly Face
9/12/18 5:12 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
You should stop pretending your wife is authoring these posts with you. It's not fair to tar her with 50% credit for this stuff. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/12/18 5:14 pm

Post dtgrant
Dave Dorsey wrote:
You should stop pretending your wife is authoring these posts with you. It's not fair to tar her with 50% credit for this stuff.

We know you do not have a citation for that wild, unsubstantiated, false claim.

Actually, she deserves more than 50% credit for recognizing your game of double standards.
Friendly Face
9/12/18 6:13 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic