Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Looking for opinions...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Looking for opinions... DOG Chaser
First of all allow me to say this... I’m not in to conspiracy theories... I evaluate and analyze with a skeptical eye... I don’t believe everything I read...

Back in March (2018) a friend of mine who I respect and has proven to be a “stable” person asked me to look into a movement happening on the fringes of the mainstream internet. He didn’t want me to make up my mind right then but instead to watch and listen and if it proves to be reliable then make up my mind on the movement.

Since then I have watched, Taken notes, And filtered what was I was being fed on the major news outlets. Needless to say, I was dumbfounded!

So here’s my question.... have any of you guys looked into this “Q” thing (Qanon)?

If you have looked into it yourself (not just listening to the supporters or the detractors alone), what is your take on it?

If you don’t know what I’m talking about and wanna dig in and discuss, I suggest avoiding extreme voices on either side.

There is a guy on Twitter and YouTube called praying medic. He seems to be the most reasonable voice that I’ve found.

I know this is dangerous... but, What’s your thoughts...?
9/4/18 2:35 pm

Post Re: Looking for opinions... Dave Dorsey
DOG Chaser wrote:
I evaluate and analyze with a skeptical eye..

If this is the case, just look through the history of QAnon predictions and then what actually happened, and the stories "Q" has told versus the clear factual reality. There are a bunch of people who have taken the time to dig into this, just google something like "qanon debunked". That will give you all you need to put your curiosity to rest.

A lot of these are going to be more mainstream results, so if you're unwilling to evaluate and analyze something published in a venue associated with the MSM, then that's going to be a problem, but then you would be someone who evaluated and analyzed with a skeptical eye if that was the case.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/4/18 2:40 pm

Post MSM... DOG Chaser
I think you misunderstood my statement.

I listen to msm, I just also seek out voices outside of the msm so that my diet is balanced.

I guess my skeptical leaning causes me to assume that most voices have an agenda. Facts, polls, or any data can be framed in a way to be misleading. Heck some preachers do this with scripture... why wouldn’t we think that news outlets or other voices do this also...

Full disclosure... I’m a preacher... I have in the past ignorantly, lazily, and immaturely cherry picked God’s word to justify my stance or opinions. 😳

I guess this counts as confession ... I’ve repented since then... 😂😂😂
9/4/18 3:09 pm

Post Re: MSM... Dave Dorsey
DOG Chaser wrote:
I think you misunderstood my statement.

I listen to msm, I just also seek out voices outside of the msm so that my diet is balanced.

Sure, same here! I think you might have misunderstood my statement too, or maybe I just worded it poorly. I didn't mean to imply anything negative, I was just saying that a lot of the people who have dug into this are more MSMy, for obvious reasons.

I'm on the same page about a variety of sources and being skeptical of everyone's agenda! I think if you google something like "qanon debunked" you'll quickly discover answers to your questions.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/4/18 3:18 pm

Post Hey Dave... DOG Chaser
Have you spent time tracking this movement? (Not a condescending question, just trying to accurately determine expertise on the subject)

And 2nd question, what is your personal opinion on Qanon?
9/4/18 3:19 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Yes, I kind of enjoy reading about conspiracy theories, so I've tracked the development and progress of this.

My personal opinion is that it's 100% a hoax, either by an internet troll, or by someone who's sympathetic to the left and wants a vehicle that can be used to make Trump supporters look bad (that's maybe a bit of a conspiracy theory of my own).

In general, the QAnon releases are senseless -- they sound fancy, but they don't stand up to the smallest bit of scrutiny. And the main theory itself, that Mueller is working with Trump to expose criminals from the Obama administration, just absolutely defies all reason and sense. I think QAnon should have died even as a hoax after Cohen pled, because that invalidated a large number of the predictions/conspiracies, but conspiracy theories are resilient things.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/4/18 3:26 pm

Post Cojak
There is something in my make up that does not listen to something if my logic tells me this is another 'conspiracy' theory.

i,e, I do not believe there is a 'deep state' what ever to sink Trump. I believe there are many high powered people who would like to see Trump impeached and throw out. I somehow know in my mind, there were people in power and out of power that wanted Obama OUT or there! At best it was loosely organized.

I look back at the MANY conspiracies of Obama's presidency. He will declare martial law, He will declare himself a Dictator, He will etc etc. NONE of those things happened.

Then we started on Hillary. There is no end. YOu can take some facts and add some speculations and come up with the Clinton's killed blank, blank and blank. I did not like Obama nor Clinton but I still do not think our DOJ is so tainted, that they would overlook murder. There were many cases of obvious 'lies' but none deserving many theories. I have told a lot of things growing up to try to stay out of trouble, it is human. Still wrong but human. Murder is not 'human', it is a criminal mind.

When Prophecies do not come to pass, I start wondering about the prophet.
When conspiracies fizzle, I begin to wonder also.

I personally ignore MOST conspiracies.

Heaven help us, in my life time alone there have been so many 'Anti-Christs' it becomes like 'the sky is falling down', and makes one wonder. Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

All of that rant is my opinion. I might be wrong. There may be a deep state to get rid of Trump. If so, he is sure helping them....... Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/4/18 11:21 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
I think this article proves the deep state is out to get him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html
Friendly Face
9/5/18 9:47 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic