Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I Have a PET PEEVE

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I Have a PET PEEVE Cojak
Auto inspections, yep that is mine. At present 17 states require Vehicle safety Inspections. Two, Maryland and Alabama require an inspection upon sale or transfer. The big question to me is: Do safety inspections save lives? There is no solid study that proves lives are saved by the inspections that I can find. You can find contradictory studies. The problem is there are too many variables now.

I went back to NC for awhile and of course the state requires Auto Safety & emission tests. That is at times very inconvenient for the motor home. We are back in Florida again and I like not worrying about inspections in the last 20 years.

Florida at one time had an inspection that rivaled Virginia. Someone was smart enough to realize it was a pain itself and did not save lives.
Does your state require inspections?

Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/5/18 4:13 pm

Post FLRon
I don't know about saving lives,but every time I get behind a vehicle with a bad exhaust system I wish Florida had an E-check requirement. When someone in your car has severe asthma,these poorly maintained vehicles are a real problem.

Edit to say I got behind 3 different,newish vehicles on the way to church tonight that we're putting out so much pollution I had to turn off the air. C'mon people, take care of your vehicles!
9/5/18 4:23 pm

Post Cojak
FLRon wrote:
I don't know about saving lives,but every time I get behind a vehicle with a bad exhaust system I wish Florida had an E-check requirement. When someone in your car has severe asthma,these poorly maintained vehicles are a real problem.

Edit to say I got behind 3 different,newish vehicles on the way to church tonight that we're putting out so much pollution I had to turn off the air. C'mon people, take care of your vehicles!

Thank goodness that has not been my fortune. I see only one or two 'smokers' a year sorry you have run into too many! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/5/18 8:53 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic