Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I'd appreciate prayer

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I'd appreciate prayer Link
Hi folks,

I am back in the US now from overseas. I had a job offer at a Christian organization in the upper-south/midwest/southwest area, drove the family half-way across the country for it. The people were very kind and I liked everyone. But I couldn't sign because the organization required a 'solemn vow' to the Lord, and Jesus said "Swear not at all." There was also told there was something I wouldn't be forbidden to do, but I'm expected to vow I won't do it, and then it's somehow okay if I do it anyway. From my perspective it was a decision to either disobey Jesus and get a job, or to turn it down and trust God to provide for my family. I'm glad I turned it down. It's at the tail end of the hiring season and I had not accepted another offer (email, no signed letter, not very formal) from another school.

Anyway, please help me to have wisdom to know where to set up house before the kids start school soon, and for provision to come in. I got word that some of the funds I am supposed to get that are 'stuck' overseas are supposed to come to me this month. I found myself worrying, and realized I'd just got word about the funds, and why should I worry? God is providing for our needs so far. I just can't see the whole plan. I believe God will provide some way to support my family and meet my obligations. I would appreciate prayers and especially about me for wisdom about where to put down some roots and enroll the kids.

My wife have been talking for a long time about starting our own training and consulting business. She's a John Maxwell trainer now, and I have an MBA and a PhD in business administration. This may force us to start our own business. I am also supposed to have a research-only job with a school overseas that does not require me to teach or be there which would pay well if I really publish a lot in good academic journals.
7/31/18 7:54 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Praying about this situation.
8/1/18 6:35 am

Post Preacher777
Praying for you Link. Ironically, I just read Proverbs 15-16 and was encouraged by the many scriptures referencing how it is better to do what is right and have a little rather than receive riches after compromising the truth. Friendly Face
8/1/18 7:25 am

Post JLarry
June of last year I was forced to start a business. Even though it was tough but it was the right thing to do.

This was one of those businesses you have to wait for customers to call you and for the first several months it looked like the phone would not ring.

Now it is ringing more and more. Still not as much as I would like but we are getting there.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
8/1/18 7:52 am

Post Cojak
First, it is good you are back in the USA. I hope one day we can run into each other. (There wasn't much of a chance with you 'over there'. HA!)

I remember once saying, I just want a job, no stress no responsibilities, just me. I declared I could work for anybody, just 'NO STRESS'. HAHA my first boss turned out to be immature and no admin or people skills. I learned that I could not work for 'just anybody', I had been naive. So I started my own company and never looked back. I never dreaded Mondays.

The best to you my friend and hope the best for you! Of course prayers. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/2/18 9:48 am

Post Link
Cojak wrote:
First, it is good you are back in the USA. I hope one day we can run into each other. (There wasn't much of a chance with you 'over there'. HA!)

I remember once saying, I just want a job, no stress no responsibilities, just me. I declared I could work for anybody, just 'NO STRESS'. HAHA my first boss turned out to be immature and no admin or people skills. I learned that I could not work for 'just anybody', I had been naive. So I started my own company and never looked back. I never dreaded Mondays.

The best to you my friend and hope the best for you! Of course prayers. Cool

Did you experience freedom in regard to do with what you did with your time, or was it freedom to spend whichever 15 hours a day you chose working?
8/6/18 1:10 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic