Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

GA no longer functions - will have to be replaced as governing body
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post THE LOVE OF GOD
I have been going since 1986. I might have missed one in that time frame but this was the BEST one. I was surprised how fast everything went. The first one that I went to after my husband made ordained bishop, I took a book to read. Never did get to read the book. The men were more interesting. Some of the remarks were hilarious. I couldn't believe grown men (ministers) could make such remarks. BUT this one was much better. I think prayer was going on in the prayer room most of the time. Prayer works. Always loved the ministry of Floyd Lawhon and his praying for the people. Wonderful Man of God. Friendly Face
8/4/18 9:14 pm

Post Agree 100% theedmister
caveator wrote:
It is really perplexing to get home from the greatest General Assembly of the Church of God in my lifetime and read the crazy negativity on this thread. Wow!

The Church of God just experienced an amazing General Assembly. The discussion was the most civil and expeditious of any assembly that I have attended over the last 30 years. We completed the prepared agenda and processed numerous motions from the floor. There was an obvious international participation and while we had more resolutions and tasks forces approved, those things will prepare us for another productive assembly in 2020.

The crowds in the services were overflowing. The Spirit of God was powerful. Everyone whom I talked to that were there agreed that it was the best General Assembly ever. How can you guys possibly (It doesn't surprise me with sheepdog. He trolls for an opportunity to slam the Church of God system) deduce anything but a powerful and effective General Assembly? It is really unbelievable!

I could not agree more. One of the best civil and spiritual assemblies I have been to in many years. So proud of the direction of the COG.
Friendly Face
8/4/18 9:30 pm

Post Re: Agree 100% SouthFloridaman
theedmister wrote:
caveator wrote:
It is really perplexing to get home from the greatest General Assembly of the Church of God in my lifetime and read the crazy negativity on this thread. Wow!

The Church of God just experienced an amazing General Assembly. The discussion was the most civil and expeditious of any assembly that I have attended over the last 30 years. We completed the prepared agenda and processed numerous motions from the floor. There was an obvious international participation and while we had more resolutions and tasks forces approved, those things will prepare us for another productive assembly in 2020.

The crowds in the services were overflowing. The Spirit of God was powerful. Everyone whom I talked to that were there agreed that it was the best General Assembly ever. How can you guys possibly (It doesn't surprise me with sheepdog. He trolls for an opportunity to slam the Church of God system) deduce anything but a powerful and effective General Assembly? It is really unbelievable!

I could not agree more. One of the best civil and spiritual assemblies I have been to in many years. So proud of the direction of the COG.

You all must have gotten your appointments 🤣😂😀
Friendly Face
8/4/18 9:50 pm

Post Re: Agree 100% Carolyn Smith
SouthFloridaman wrote:
theedmister wrote:
caveator wrote:

You all must have gotten your appointments 🤣😂😀

Well, we know I didn't. LOL

I believe there was also prayer leading up to the GA, perhaps not an organized effort, but it was certainly spoken of and requested repeatedly and it was made a regular part of the sessions, beginning at 8am (though I'm sure many skipped that part.)

So thankful for online participation. I thoroughly enjoyed what I was able to watch/hear. Brooke Simpson "brought it." So much talent that she is glad to use for the Lord.

So many good things/moments during the preaching (and I missed a lot.) I started hollering when Bishop Hill made the comment about social drinking. All of the speakers I heard were just excellent & I loved the tag-team preaching the last night.

And one ACTS aside, our "departed friend" Charles Page was commenting on the chat box of the online feed. Rolling Eyes
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/4/18 10:20 pm

Post Patrick Harris
Carolyn
I totally agree with you.
It was a great night with some solid Pentecostal preaching by everyone on stage last night. The message was clear as well.

I especially loved the trading off on stage of the ministers. There are some very solid spirit-filled ministers in the wings.
Acts Enthusiast
8/4/18 10:31 pm

Post Re: Why are ... Clint Wills
Mat wrote:
Why are your top leaders (on stage) so quite when it comes to supporting the agenda items?

Mat

Several of our top leaders spoke up on different items. Travis Johnson, Tony Stewart, Rick Whitter, Loran Livingston, and Tony Scott to name a few.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/6/18 12:55 pm

Post Dr.Acts
Do we find this OP prophetic for 2020?
Friendly Face
4/20/20 9:10 am

Post Dean Steenburgh
Dr.Acts wrote:
Do we find this OP prophetic for 2020?

Not in the least!
The pandemic of 1918 (Spanish Flu) & the 2 stops that occurred near or during WW2 did not create a replacement for the GA & neither will this one.

We live in a new era where our EC5 & EC18 can meet via Zoom conferences & make the decisions that are needed as an executive body.
We elected them to represent us & to make decisions during times of crisis.
The CoG along with every other major denomination will weather the storm & come out on the other side just fine.

A/G's, S.B.Convention, Methodist & others are feeling the same effects but God has it all under control & we're not going to go off all half cocked & not ready to conduct ministry business.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
4/22/20 5:17 pm

Post Link
The university I work for may face some issues as to the legitimacy of voting online if some faculty member makes a fuss about the definition of a meeting. But they may not be as likely to do that with an 'email all' as they would in a faculty meeting. We have a governing body for the whole school, a democracy, not a senate, either.

The United States government has gone through some times where some fuzzy things happened as far as legal legitimacy goes. What about the votes of the southern states during elections during the Civil War? Big organizations can sometimes go through some times when legal technicalities aren't quite followed, and still survive. If everyone in the organization insisted the COG didn't exist because of some issue with the by-laws, the organization could dissolve, but if people do not want it to dissolve, it probably will not. And if some rebellious nut sued over it, courts realize COVID-19 messed up a lot of by-laws and procedures.
4/24/20 12:31 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic