Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

If Kevin Wallace came back would you vote for him for General Overseer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Hill-billy
Edit.
7/4/18 6:11 pm

Post I would vote for KW if he came back aprilmay2.0
His leaving showed his ability to follow his convictions, placed his family first, put his church over the denomination and showed courage to stand up to the machine.

I think thats exactly what you want in a leader.
Friendly Face
7/5/18 11:06 am

Post Re: I would vote for KW if he came back Hill-billy
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
His leaving showed his ability to follow his convictions, placed his family first, put his church over the denomination and showed courage to stand up to the machine.

I think thats exactly what you want in a leader.

You are 100% right. He even lost a full church campus over it. What ever you say. You got to hand it to the guy he stood firm. Co18 has confidentiality agreements I know this is fact so maybe something happened that he could not talk about and had to take the path of conviction.
7/18/18 11:02 am

Post obeying God or the church of god SouthFloridaman
I know of those who have had to chose between following God or the church of god.... I pray no one ever has to feel the darkness of that decision the fear of losing everything from those who hold your future in your hands. i bet sheep dog andy can tell a few stories on that. It is a dark day when the supposed spiritual authorities violate the authority and laws of God. if God had me chose between following him or an organization i am following God everytime. The one who does that is a leader i will follow. Friendly Face
7/21/18 12:38 am

Post sheepdogandy
Last Sunday we observed "Pentecostal Heritage Sunday" here at SPWC.

Great morning service with a retired Church of God pastor.

The speaker for the Evening service called Saturday night to inform me that he had "triple booked" and could not make it.

Hey, when one is as "in demand" as this brother it's understandable. Laughing

I've known him for many years and love him dearly, no problem, I'll get him later.

So, that left me to preach the Evening service.

I borrowed a quote that I read here and changed it just a little to suit my purpose.

"The Church of God is a movement, not a monument."

I related to my Congregation our unique heritage, going all the way back to 1886 and Bro Richard Spurling and the original invitation to "come forward".

Several members and especially my wife's family were "born and raised Church of God".

The events of 1989 still hurt them, it is a pain that only the resurrection will completely heal.

Anyway, the Lord blessed us with His comforting presence.

Being Church of God is not dependent on one's relationship with Cleveland.

It's more than a name on a sign.

It's what is in your heart, a heritage, a way of life, a faith and a hope.

Yes, we are a part of the Church of God Movement.

No Overseer can change that.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/21/18 9:48 am

Post NewTimeUrbanPreacher
Changed My Mind.

Last edited by NewTimeUrbanPreacher on 8/8/18 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
8/6/18 12:56 pm

Post ....and sadly.... caseyleejones
I don't know who Kevin Wallace is....other than most all say he's a great guy...from ACTS that is.... Acts-perienced Poster
8/6/18 2:42 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
NewTimeUrbanPreacher wrote:
I’d only have a few questions before casting my ballot:

1. End the policy of refusing to address women as elder. He lets them come to meetings but makes it very clear that only men can be elders, not women. (So I find it odd that he left the COG over women in ministry and continues to exploit it. Hmm)
2. The Highland Park Church come under the auspices of the Church of God, like all other Church of God’s do, instead of being his personal 501c3 property.
3. Give an account of all the money that was raised while he was in the COG that went to missionary projects in Uruguay and Guatemala.
4. Bring his benefactor back with him and let them pay for off some more COG debt. (which is the real reason he left. Did not take long to realize all that money he was raking in and the COG was the one holding the deed. If you think it was about women in ministry see point 1 and then see me for some ocean front property in Arizona.)
5. I’ve read about all that he “lost” and “gave up” following his “convictions”. I’d be interested in seeing his net worth before and after following his “convictions”

I'm not sure where the thing came up about KW leaving the COG over women in ministry. I listened to the entire recording about why he was leaving the COG, and he never said that. Wouldn't make much sense anyhow, since his wife spoke at the last GA in 2016.

KW speaks up for himself on this board occasionally. Who knows, maybe he'll make an appearance? Though he certainly doesn't owe us any answers...
8/6/18 5:18 pm

Post Re: If Kevin Wallace came back would you vote for him for General Overseer? NewTimeUrbanPreacher
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
I know its hypothetical but what if:

the COG gave women full AB allowance and they could vote and serve and because of that KW came back to the COG.

Would you vote for him or not?

the entire post started with KW position on women.

p.s. Redemption Point Church of God sponsors Alma's Closet.
8/6/18 8:11 pm

Post Re: If Kevin Wallace came back would you vote for him for General Overseer? Carolyn Smith
aprilmay2.0 wrote:

the COG gave women full AB allowance and they could vote and serve and because of that KW came back to the COG.

the entire post started with KW position on women.

p.s. Redemption Point Church of God sponsors Alma's Closet.

Just shows what happens when you start the premise on an untruth. (Though it has been otherwise discussed.)

Yes, Kevin's present church Redemption To The Nations also supports Alma's Closet.
8/6/18 8:26 pm

Post So... aprilmay2.0
I start a hypothetical discussion on a discussion board and that makes me responsible for New Urbans bad attitude and Carolyn’s snootiness?

The whole scenario was hypothetical Carolyn. Meaning - none of it is actual. It’s like saying “If Ray hughes came back to life would he still hold Ordained Bishop status?” It’s hypothetical. Fictional. Like my pen name. Like the majority of people on this board.

New Urban has something to gripe about. Not my issue. So don’t try to pin it on me. Please stop being a discussion killer. You’re part of the reason this board is dying and the FB COG discussion is growing. Because most of your comments aren’t relevant to what’s going on. Thanks
Friendly Face
8/7/18 8:24 am

Post Re: So... Nature Boy Florida
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
You’re part of the reason this board is dying

Aprilmay with her patented over the top shots at folks.

Sad.
8/7/18 8:32 am

Post Re: So... NewTimeUrbanPreacher
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
I start a hypothetical discussion on a discussion board and that makes me responsible for New Urbans bad attitude and Carolyn’s snootiness?

The whole scenario was hypothetical Carolyn. Meaning - none of it is actual. It’s like saying “If Ray hughes came back to life would he still hold Ordained Bishop status?” It’s hypothetical. Fictional. Like my pen name. Like the majority of people on this board.

New Urban has something to gripe about. Not my issue. So don’t try to pin it on me. Please stop being a discussion killer. You’re part of the reason this board is dying and the FB COG discussion is growing. Because most of your comments aren’t relevant to what’s going on. Thanks

I answer your hypothetical question with an answer that outlines what I would want to know before I would precede with your hypothetical vote, and that means I have a bad attitude. Perhaps a simple, "yes I would", was the answer you were looking for. And come off your sanctimonious high horse pretending there wasn't a specific response you hoped for.

and Carolyn seemed very much discussing the relevant question.
8/7/18 9:40 am

Post Re: If Kevin Wallace came back would you vote for him for General Overseer? Nature Boy Florida
MDBishop wrote:
aprilmay2.0 wrote:

HELL NO!

Looks like MD is the Bishop from "South Park".
8/7/18 10:32 am

Post Re: If Kevin Wallace came back would you vote for him for General Overseer? Cojak
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
MDBishop wrote:
aprilmay2.0 wrote:

HELL NO!

Looks like MD is the Bishop from "South Park".

At least he didn't try to explain his answer. Shocked Shocked

So I don't know the man but I would say 'no!' Since it is hypothetical, I guess I would get to vote also.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/7/18 12:04 pm

Post georgiapath
Carolyn Smith wrote:
I’d only have a few questions before casting my ballot:

1. End the policy of refusing to address women as elder. He lets them come to meetings but makes it very clear that only men can be elders, not women. (So I find it odd that he left the COG over women in ministry and continues to exploit it. Hmm)
2. The Highland Park Church come under the auspices of the Church of God, like all other Church of God’s do, instead of being his personal 501c3 property.
3. Give an account of all the money that was raised while he was in the COG that went to missionary projects in Uruguay and Guatemala.
4. Bring his benefactor back with him and let them pay for off some more COG debt. (which is the real reason he left. Did not take long to realize all that money he was raking in and the COG was the one holding the deed. If you think it was about women in ministry see point 1 and then see me for some ocean front property in Arizona.)
5. I’ve read about all that he “lost” and “gave up” following his “convictions”. I’d be interested in seeing his net worth before and after following his “convictions”

I'm not sure where the thing came up about KW leaving the COG over women in ministry. I listened to the entire recording about why he was leaving the COG, and he never said that. Wouldn't make much sense anyhow, since his wife spoke at the last GA in 2016.

KW speaks up for himself on this board occasionally. Who knows, maybe he'll make an appearance? Though he certainly doesn't owe us any answers...

I think that is something that somebody made up about him being against women in ministry. Don't think that had anything to do with him leaving the COG.
Acts-dicted
8/7/18 2:36 pm

Post Re: So... Carolyn Smith
aprilmay2.0 wrote:

Aprilmay - Your hypothetical discussion IS based on a faulty premise, indicating that KW left because of the "women in ministry" issue. That was my entire point, because he didn't. I understand what hypothetical means.

And while we're chatting, I'm really tired of you being snarky with me. You've already been warned about that. I think it might be a good time for you to review Doyle's post at the top of the page about speaking with kindness and respect.

http://www.actscelerate.com/viewtopic.php?t=87236
8/7/18 10:21 pm

Post Re: So... SouthFloridaman
Carolyn Smith wrote:
aprilmay2.0 wrote:

Aprilmay - Your hypothetical discussion IS based on a faulty premise, indicating that KW left because of the "women in ministry" issue. That was my entire point, because he didn't. I understand what hypothetical means.

And while we're chatting, I'm really tired of you being snarky with me. You've already been warned about that. I think it might be a good time for you to review Doyle's post at the top of the page about speaking with kindness and respect.

http://www.actscelerate.com/viewtopic.php?t=87236

Cat fight meow 😉😉😉
Friendly Face
8/7/18 10:32 pm

Post Carolyn aprilmay2.0
I think its pretty obvious from Kev's response that the way women are treated in the COG had a huge impact on his decision. Go back and read what he wrote about having tough conversations with his daughters and the dollars to HQ.

My post was hypothetical. In this sense- if the COG changed the women bishop thing would that bring KW back and would anyone vote for him.

And while we're chatting...
I know some women get insecure when another woman has intelligent responses. Don't be like that. DOn't get defensive. You aren't the only big girl on the block. The majority of your responses to me are pejorative and diminutive. Im not trying to be snarky, Im simply refuting things you say. IF you can't handle it, then maybe a public discussion board isn't for you.

I have appreciated some of your posts and interactions. But this chip you have on your shoulder towards me isn't healthy for you. The fact that you have to immediately call on Big Brother Mods when you can't defend your opinion has resulted in hostility toward me. Not sure why thats there but it sounds like a you problem.
Friendly Face
8/8/18 9:17 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
aprilmay.

Carolyn calls on the mods because she has more class than you or I.

While I would have no problem calling out a poster for being stupid, clueless, spineless, gutless, a moron with a bad attitude - Carolyn would not do that.

Just wanted to clear that up.
8/8/18 9:25 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic